Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Praying Confessions

01/13/2013 new

I always make the attemp to say my prayers just before going bed. I especially like saying the Rosary. rosary Even when I am really tired...I still make the effort. But...as I say my Rosary....I find myself drifting off to sleep. laughing I fight to stay awake to finish my Rosary...but sometimes my mind will fall asleep in the middle of me saying the Rosary. faint laughing I feel so guilty sometimes because when that happens. ashamed

Does this happen to anybody? eyebrow

cookiemonster heart United States Flag theheart :dove:

01/13/2013 new

eyepopping Why would you feel guilty?

01/13/2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I always make the attemp to say my prayers just before going bed. I especially like saying the Ro...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

I always make the attemp to say my prayers just before going bed. I especially like saying the Rosary. Even when I am really tired...I still make the effort. But...as I say my Rosary....I find myself drifting off to sleep. I fight to stay awake to finish my Rosary...but sometimes my mind will fall asleep in the middle of me saying the Rosary. I feel so guilty sometimes because when that happens.

Does this happen to anybody?

--hide--

It's good that you make the effort to pray even when you are tired.

Perhaps the solution is to set aside time for the rosary earlier in the evening and say shorter prayers at bed time.

01/13/2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I always make the attemp to say my prayers just before going bed. I especially like saying the Ro...

I always make the attemp to say my prayers just before going bed. I especially like saying the Rosary. Even when I am really tired...I still make the effort. But...as I say my Rosary....I find myself drifting off to sleep. I fight to stay awake to finish my Rosary...but sometimes my mind will fall asleep in the middle of me saying the Rosary. I feel so guilty sometimes because when that happens.

--hide--

It happens to me as well at times - I like to rmember something a nun told me long time, if you fall asleep saying the rosary - the angels finish it for you wink rosary theheart

01/14/2013 new

My mom always told us that if we fall asleep praying the rosary or any prayer, that our Guardian Angel will finish the prayer for us.

01/15/2013 new

--hide--

Don't give up!!! The only person who wants that is the devil!!! stir the pot! Its getting cold! see? I've gotten to the point where I say my rosary during the day in order to keep my prayers managable at night...or you could always kneel by the bed and say them. Wouldn't do any good if you are one of those blessed who can fall asleep sitting/standing up. irked no such blessing was given to this girl!

My problem comes mostly because I am easily distracted and my imagination wanders when I am praying. sorry I find that I have a better time of it if I remember to pray to my guardian angel sometime during the beginning of the day or at the beginning of prayer and let him know that he must be on guard since I am so weak and easily swayed. If I find my thoughts wandering, I beg him or Our Lady for help.

I recall one saint (who's name completely escapes me just now) who began each day by praying "dear Lord, protect me today, and help me, for if you do not I will surely fall as I am very weak and won't be anyone's fault but yours because you did not help me." wink

Ask and you shall receive. pope knight-errant Praying

01/15/2013 new

--hide--

I have that happen al lthe time. I was told by my spiritual director that it is normal. He did task me to try to plan my praytime better i.e at an earlier time but he also told me that sometimes when we contrmplate Christ such peace comes upon us that sleep comes naturally.

01/17/2013 new
(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I always make the attemp to say my prayers just before going bed. I especially like saying the Rosary. Even wh...

--hide--

I find that kneeling while praying the Holy Rosary helps me stay awake. biggrin
01/18/2013 new

I think God accepts and uses any prayer or part of a prayer offered from your heart. Just the Name of Our Savior, Jesus, is prayer, and simply calling on Him as an act of Faith delivers what is in your heart. We do well to set aside specific and ample time with Him, but we also do well if our first or last waking thoughts or words are of Him.

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: My mom always told us that if we fall asleep praying the rosary or any prayer, that our Guardia...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

My mom always told us that if we fall asleep praying the rosary or any prayer, that our Guardian Angel will finish the prayer for us.

--hide--

Kids are kids and adults are adults.

While I don't think God is offended if we fall asleep while praying (at least we're making the effort), if ti is something we anticipate either due to the specific circumstances or habit, I think there is more merit in saying the prayers when we are more alert than in waiting until we reasonably expect we won't be able to complete them.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10