Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Long Distance???

01/18/2013 new

Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagination, but in reality, there is a
necessary physical element that completes a relationship... so are people SERIOUS when they say they indicate that location doesn't matter? For example, it seems like transportation costs and travel time are forgotten about; that is, until the travel bill is $600 every time you meet the person. Then you have to plan weekends over a more squeezed schedule due to recovery from travel, etc. This, in turn, lessens the frequency of the
physical time spent together, etc. Sad, given the great pool of lovely, wholesome, and incredibly cute women on this site.

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Joe-660568 said: Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagin...
(Quote) Joe-660568 said:

Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagination, but in reality, there is a
necessary physical element that completes a relationship... so are people SERIOUS when they say they indicate that location doesn't matter? For example, it seems like transportation costs and travel time are forgotten about; that is, until the travel bill is $600 every time you meet the person. Then you have to plan weekends over a more squeezed schedule due to recovery from travel, etc. This, in turn, lessens the frequency of the
physical time spent together, etc. Sad, given the great pool of lovely, wholesome, and incredibly cute women on this site.

--hide--

Thanks for the wonderful compliment to all the women on the site, Joe. It IS difficult. Persons do have to plan and give up more to try to have a long distance relationship.

01/18/2013 new

Hands down, the women on here are five stars You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Joe-660568 said: Hands down, the women on here are five stars
(Quote) Joe-660568 said:

Hands down, the women on here are five stars

--hide--

LADIES!!!!!! I hope you see/hear this!!!! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!

01/18/2013 new

Hi Joe -

I personally know of more LDR success stories than I do of couples who met living near each other. Check Donna's thread of CM success stories - she points out if they were LDRs. You'll see several. There are also stories in past blogs - check those out.

They CAN and HAVE worked out for many - but it does indeed take work, patience, and understanding on both sides. God never promised it would be easy, and He also never promised he'd drop our match right in our own backyard. It takes truly being open to all possibilities - and sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise.

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Joe-660568 said: Hands down, the women on here are five stars
(Quote) Joe-660568 said:

Hands down, the women on here are five stars

--hide--

Joe you are making me blush. embarassed

I've seen many success stories of LDR. A co-workers wife was from Scotland and she was very happy here in Trinidad after their marriage. Between the stories I've read and seeing it up close and personal a couple times I do know it is possible. You can't go into it thinking only of the negatives, they exist and they can be difficult but dwelling on them instead of the positive or the solutions will make them that much harder and draining.

01/18/2013 new

They work for people who are willing to make the commitment:

www.catholicmatch.com

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: They work for people who are willing to make the commitment: http://www.catholicmatch.c...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

They work for people who are willing to make the commitment:

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

It's not always a matter of willingness. For some there are family obligations or financial circumstances that make LDRs impractical or impossible.

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: It's not always a matter of willingness. For some there are family obligations or fin...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

It's not always a matter of willingness. For some there are family obligations or financial circumstances that make LDRs impractical or impossible.

--hide--

But then they're not committed to it are they?

01/18/2013 new

I'd say long distance relationships would be hard a lot of times. I do like to go to different states, don't get me wrong. However if I ever found the one, I like to find someone that likes to travel.

Posts 1 - 10 of 92