Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

There was a great article in Boundless, the Christian singles e magazine this week on men balancing between initiating and being prayful and "watchful" in seeking marriage:

www.boundless.org

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: There was a great article in Boundless, the Christian singles e magazine this week on men balancing b...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

There was a great article in Boundless, the Christian singles e magazine this week on men balancing between initiating and being prayful and "watchful" in seeking marriage:

www.boundless.org

--hide--

That is such a great article Pat. Thanks for that. hug

Jan 18th 2013 new

Oh, trust me. If my annulment decision is favorable, I'm not waiting. laughing

At least, not waiting on anything other than for >her< to just magically walk up to me one day and say hello... laughing

It indeed has historically seemed so difficult to find the ones with whom I just settle into comfortable conversation. Timing just hasn't worked out in the recent past (have met some great ones, but I'm not yet annulled, and they're no longer available.)

So even those of us who don't want to wait forever seem condemned to a lifetime of singleness... weeping

(After a couple of happy weeks, today has been a frustrating day...)

As a younger man, I couldn't find women I wanted to marry and wasn't grounded enough in my own self to be in a position to be a good husband. That was my primary reason for waiting. And now, it seems as though it is difficult to find Christian women ANYWHERE. There are some at the new Young Adults group I've started to attend, but I'm intimidated because I don't know them yet...and, as a new Catholic, I worry that I'm not strong enough in the faith for ANY Catholic woman to want me for marriage. No, I don't break every commandment written, but I don't have the install recall of Bible verses and ready ability to apply scripture to life at a moment's notice. These things take time to develop, and I find that I can easily talk myself out of being "worthy" of finding a suitable Catholic lady. Takes lots of time and effort.

If only I'd found this faith early in life, had my faith life "together" from day one, had never had any bumps on my path, and wasn't so good at making excuses... weeping

Time to go run, methinks...

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: There was a great article in Boundless, the Christian singles e magazine this week on men balancing b...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

www.boundless.org

--hide--

I didn't read the whole article. But I believe women play an equal role in seeking a man out and letting him know she is interested.

All men and all women don't have the same temperament.

Jan 18th 2013 new

Great article; I posted it on my FB account.

Jan 18th 2013 new

This is an excellent article, Pat. Thank you for sharing it.

- Elizabeth

Jan 28th 2013 new

rose

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: As a younger man, I couldn't find women I wanted to marry and wasn't grounded enough in...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

As a younger man, I couldn't find women I wanted to marry and wasn't grounded enough in my own self to be in a position to be a good husband. That was my primary reason for waiting. And now, it seems as though it is difficult to find Christian women ANYWHERE. There are some at the new Young Adults group I've started to attend, but I'm intimidated because I don't know them yet...and, as a new Catholic, I worry that I'm not strong enough in the faith for ANY Catholic woman to want me for marriage. No, I don't break every commandment written, but I don't have the install recall of Bible verses and ready ability to apply scripture to life at a moment's notice. These things take time to develop, and I find that I can easily talk myself out of being "worthy" of finding a suitable Catholic lady. Takes lots of time and effort.

If only I'd found this faith early in life, had my faith life "together" from day one, had never had any bumps on my path, and wasn't so good at making excuses...

Time to go run, methinks...

--hide--

Is that your view on what a good catholic man should be like?

You found the faith in just the right time. Not too soon nor too late. And bumps in the road is part of being human.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8