Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

01/18/2013 new

almost forgot...Lough Derg ("St. Patrick's Purgatory") in Ireland, where you walk around barefoot for three days in penance:

http://www.loughderg.org

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: I am doing the Camino De Santiago in the fall
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

I am doing the Camino De Santiago in the fall

--hide--

That is something that I would like to do someday, walk the Camino.

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: I came across this article www.austincnm.com.
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

I came across this article www.austincnm.com and the idea of a Catholic Bucket List.

I'd like to visit Assisi - St. Francis is my confirmation saint. On a smaller scale, I'd love to go on a silent retreat.

What about you? What would be on your Catholic bucket list?

--hide--

Lourdes...and an excuse to visit France!

01/20/2013 new
Being in Fatima to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Maty's first appearence and on my 47th birthday party
01/20/2013 new

Next time I go to Fatima, I will make sure I have a container for water from the fountains. I would also like to be submerged in the waters of Lourdes and bring a container for this blessed water also. Any and all retreats are good. An army retreats to refresh, regroup and regain their stamina, and a spiritual retreat offers these same benefits. If you can't travel to a distant pilgrimage sight or find the time to go on a local retreat then make the time each day to meditate .... be still and listen .... Be still and know that I am God.

01/20/2013 new

Thank you to Pat for introducing me the term "sposi novelli". What a dream that would be to have an audience with the Pope as a newlywed couple. Here is what I found from the Church of Santa Susanna in Rome:

3. REGARDING NEWLYWED AUDIENCE TICKETS, please note that
were informed today (November 8, 2011), that will no longer be given Sposi
Novelli (newlywed) tickets to distribute for the Papal Audiences. If you would
like these tickets, you will need to apply directly to the Prefect of the Papal
Household, fax number (011)39.06.6988.5863, and then pick them up yourselves at
the Bronze Doors to the right of St. Peter’s Basilica. Please remember, however,
that to receive these tickets you need to have been married in a Catholic Church
eight weeks or less on the day of the audience, and you will need to prove this
with an authentic Church marriage certificate. We are very sad and sorry that we
are no longer able to assist newlywed couples in obtaining these
tickets.

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: The Holy Land, Lourdes, Fatima, Guadalupe, Knock, Lanciano and the Eucharistic miracle, Assisi, Turin...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

The Holy Land, Lourdes, Fatima, Guadalupe, Knock, Lanciano and the Eucharistic miracle, Assisi, Turin and the Shroud, and Krakow for the JPII sites and to actually have a private audience with the Holy Father, and to be part of the sposi novelli at the Vatican.

--hide--

01/20/2013 new

Victoria, isn't it a great tradition? I was at a papal audience and there had to be 100 couples there, all in their wedding finery, going up one couple at a time to be greeted by Pope John Paul II. It was amazing, and ever since I wanted to do it. Praying

01/20/2013 new
I love Assisi and want to return. I loved waking up to the Church bells each morning. I need more time there. What a peaceful place! Of course Jim cannot go there without making some time for Rome. I want to go to Mass with the Pope. It must be incredible to be at his Mass!
01/20/2013 new
(Quote) Valerie-104200 said: I love Assisi and want to return. I loved waking up to the Church bells each morning. I need more time there. W...
(Quote) Valerie-104200 said: I love Assisi and want to return. I loved waking up to the Church bells each morning. I need more time there. What a peaceful place! Of course I cannot go there without making some time for Rome. I want to go to Mass with the Pope. It must be incredible to be at his Mass!
--hide--
01/20/2013 new
Auto correct.... Not Jim!! LOL?!? Where did that come from?!?
Posts 21 - 30 of 31