Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

True Patience

Jan 18th 2013 new

A friend shared this and I thought it was quite fitting for all of us biggrin

"Patience is a hard discipline. It is not just waiting until something happens over which we have no control: the arrival of a bus, the end of the rain, the return of a friend, the resolution of a conflict. Patience is not a waiting passivity until someone else does something. Patience asks us to live the moment to the fullest, to be completely present to the moment, to taste the here and now, to be where we are. When we are impatient we try to get away from where we are. We behave as if the real thing will happen tomorrow, later, or somewhere else. Let's be patient and trust that the treasure we look for is hidden in the ground on which we stand." Henri Nouwen

Jan 18th 2013 new

Beautiful Sarah! I am feeling very impatient tonight and this helps me. I think I shall write it down so I can read it often.

God bless you!

Jan 18th 2013 new

fluffy fluffy heart

Jan 18th 2013 new
I wish I'd known this a long time ago. I used to think patience meant just endure today and wait. I really like this description of patience. Thanks!
Jan 18th 2013 new

Praying

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: A friend shared this and I thought it was quite fitting for all of us "Patience is ...
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

A friend shared this and I thought it was quite fitting for all of us

"Patience is a hard discipline. It is not just waiting until something happens over which we have no control: the arrival of a bus, the end of the rain, the return of a friend, the resolution of a conflict. Patience is not a waiting passivity until someone else does something. Patience asks us to live the moment to the fullest, to be completely present to the moment, to taste the here and now, to be where we are. When we are impatient we try to get away from where we are. We behave as if the real thing will happen tomorrow, later, or somewhere else. Let's be patient and trust that the treasure we look for is hidden in the ground on which we stand." Henri Nouwen

--hide--

Dear Sarah , you have got to love Henri Nouwen!!!

Great post to thre forum , I have also heard it said that the key to patience is staying engaged in other worth while causes so as to not even realize you are waiting for something else!

We have hope because of what God has done in the past and we experience God's love because of what God is doing in the present . Under this philosophy , there is no need for patience as True Joy is lived in the present moment !

Jan 19th 2013 new
I love that!
Jan 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: A friend shared this and I thought it was quite fitting for all of us "Patience is a hard discip...
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

A friend shared this and I thought it was quite fitting for all of us

--hide--

Can I post this, or will you, on the Quoatations thread? I so love this....
Jan 19th 2013 new

Can someone help me understand why this was moved to Culture and Current Events? Just trying to figure out what goes in each room . . .

Posts 1 - 9 of 9