Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

01/18/2013 new
(Quote) Alex-382372 said: Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why are there...
(Quote) Alex-382372 said:

Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why are there A batteries, C batteries and D batteries but no B batteries?
--hide--

So there is something to keep you awake worring at night! irked?
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Alex-382372 said: Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why...
(Quote) Alex-382372 said:

Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why are there A batteries, C batteries and D batteries but no B batteries?
--hide--

There really is a B battery. It just isn't used much any more!

Why is football called football when they mostly use their hands and it really isn't a ball?

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: There really is a B battery. It just isn't used much any more!
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

There really is a B battery. It just isn't used much any more!

--hide--

This article has a photo of an old B battery along with instructions for constructing a replacement out of 9V batteries, should you need one to power an antique radio.

www.techlib.com

01/19/2013 new
What about getting those tubes? I have an old radio whose tubes are burned out.
01/19/2013 new

Well, in Europe they call soccer football...so shouldn't we call our football, handball???

01/19/2013 new

And you're right! A football isn't shaped like a ball. It's more like a giant lemon shape. The citrus theme is more appropriate for when they have games at the Orange Bowl.

I've been on here too long. Goodnight!

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: What about getting those tubes? I have an old radio whose tubes are burned out.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: What about getting those tubes? I have an old radio whose tubes are burned out.
--hide--

The most efficient way would probably be to Google the tube number (e.g., 6AW8, 12AX7). Or you can Google [ vacuum tubes] to get ads for companies selling tubes (vacuumtuves.net, vacuumtubes.com, tubedepot.com, thetubestore.com).

01/19/2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This article has a photo of an old B battery along with instructions for constructing a replacem...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This article has a photo of an old B battery along with instructions for constructing a replacement out of 9V batteries, should you need one to power an antique radio.

www.techlib.com

--hide--

scratchchin
01/19/2013 new
--hide--

Vacuum tubes were used as amplifiers. Their replacements were first discovered in a lab setting in Dec. of 1951, or 1952. The transistor is what we call it. They work on a lot smaller voltage and thus much safer. A 9volt battery is just a collection of 1.5 volt cells arranged in series.

Didn't help you though did I Lina!
01/19/2013 new
--hide--

Radio Shack might be of help? 2nd try, your local Kirby repairman.
Posts 11 - 20 of 131