Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

marriage

Jan 17th 2013 new

When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?

Jan 19th 2013 new

I hope someone answers. I'd like to know myself...

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?

--hide--

I'd like to hear from a widow/widower who has actually gone through marriage.

Jan 20th 2013 new

LoL. Three people in here and still no answers. Gotta be patient...

Jan 20th 2013 new
Alright here goes. For me personally it's what gives me the greatest sense of peace as I move towards that in my life. If you are attracted toward marriage, and you find yourself praying for it, God may have placed that desire in your heart. God bless.
Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Alright here goes. For me personally it's what gives me the greatest sense of peace as I move towards...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Alright here goes. For me personally it's what gives me the greatest sense of peace as I move towards that in my life. If you are attracted toward marriage, and you find yourself praying for it, God may have placed that desire in your heart. God bless.
--hide--

Thanks, John!

Your testimony parallels what I've heard from two of my friends who are moving toward the priesthood, which I'm glad to hear because it shows me there's a bit of consistency across vocations (i.e. that marriage is not a whole different animal).

Jan 20th 2013 new
You're welcome Matthew! That is cool about your friends. My uncle is a priest and he has been such a integral part of our lives, both in terms of sacraments, baptisms, weddings, first Communions, etc., and in terms of just being a wonderful uncle. So for you to have friends like that is a real blessing. I would guess that almost all folks on CM are marriage minded, hoping to find their spouse, praying for that. It can be a long journey, but I hope that more young Catholics will find each other, and grow in the faith together as married couples, being open to family life as God intends. I think the best prayer is to tell God what we hope, and then pray as Our Lord told us, "Thy will be done". That really allows God to move as He wills in our lives. The vocation, the person we're intended for, the timing--it's best when we say Thy will be done. He's so much wiser than we are. Our Blessed Mother and St. Joseph --can't forget them--they're almost too good to be true, but they are true and that great. That's all the wisdom I have wrapped up in one long paragraph. It's all helped me and my girlfriend find each other, and with God at the center, we keep praying Thy will be done. God bless! John
Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?

--hide--

I tend to believe that it's our natural call, and absent of a clear calling and/or desire to another vocation, it is our natural pursuit. And absent of significant external factors which could or would alter our desire to pursue that calling our belief that marriage is our calling and our pursuit of it never ends.

theheart

Jan 20th 2013 new

--hide--

Cuz being single sucks!! laughing laughing laughing weeping

Jan 20th 2013 new
Hmmm. I guess I'll know when/if I meet the one. I don't feel called to the clergy, but I don't know if I'm called to stay single. So, if there isn't a husband out there for me, I'll have my answer!
Posts 1 - 10 of 200