Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Why no replies?

Jan 15th 2013 new

It takes a lot of courage for me to send a message, or even an emotigram, to someone whos profile I like. I do appreciate that I am unlikely to be any man's "ideal", but feel a bit puzzled that NOBODY has replied to me at all. I have sent half a dozen messages to different gentlemen since Christmas. I would have thought it would be simple good manners to respond, especially in the - dare I say it - older age group to which I belong. Could I have some suggestions please, as I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: It takes a lot of courage for me to send a message, or even an emotigram, to someone whos profil...
(Quote) Marion-824292 said:

It takes a lot of courage for me to send a message, or even an emotigram, to someone whos profile I like. I do appreciate that I am unlikely to be any man's "ideal", but feel a bit puzzled that NOBODY has replied to me at all. I have sent half a dozen messages to different gentlemen since Christmas. I would have thought it would be simple good manners to respond, especially in the - dare I say it - older age group to which I belong. Could I have some suggestions please, as I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

--hide--

Hi Marion..This is the number one most asked question in the Forums.. I promise, it's not you.. You just have to keep trying.. Some of us have been here over 10-12 years, but we just keep plugging.. If you don't get frustrated (I've been there) and be patient and just keep sending those messages out eventually HE will be ready for you..

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: It takes a lot of courage for me to send a message, or even an emotigram, to someone whos profil...

--hide--

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's nothing but bad manners not responding to a friendly hello. Do yourself a favour and see it like this: Be grateful you were able to see this side of them so early.

Jan 15th 2013 new

Thanks guys - you have made me smile at least! Maybe God is telling me not to be greedy! scratchchin

Jan 17th 2013 new

One thing that I found was that participating in the forums increases the responses, as I am putting more of myself out there.

The other thing to think about is how many real opportunities are out there. When I was in high school, we had 600 people in our class. So, if I was a Junior in High School, there were 1,000 girls in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grades to date. On Catholic Match, there are maybe 60 women in my age range that live within 100 KM of me. So, the chances are a lot smaller than they use to be. But, like one of the ladies said, just keep on plugging and praying.

God Bless,

Will

Jan 19th 2013 new

Marion,
First of all I say, God bless you for your courage... and, no doubt it is hard for anyone in such a situation, if they are in touch with their heart I would think... even Jesus felt deeply hurt and rejected because His love was not loved or received. I do think a lot of people on this site need to learn better etiquette... from the reading some of the forums, etc.
I'm not addressing whether or not you're doing something right or wrong; but I'm inclined to share with you something that has come to my heart that has helped me through the years in situations that were difficult. And, it is one of the most exciting discoveries I've ever made.
First of all, I like your namesake, our Heavenly Mother. As I read your post and then saw your name I was immediately reminded of the many graces I've received in my life through Consecration to Mary. It has so taken any pressure off of me in any and all aspects of my life, when it comes to needing to figure something out, make something happen, or even take it personally when another doesn't treat me as I'd desire.
I don't know if you are consecrated to Mary, or know what that is... but I'll share with you part of a radical truth card that I had in my pocket for many years, of a reported message from Mary to us through Fr. Gobbi (this isn't an approved apparition at this point, but it does have the imprimatur, and he had (deceased) good standing with Holy Father; and this message echo's the spirituality of St. John of the Cross and many other saints :).
And, these are Mary's words:
"Accustom yourself to being misunderstood, not esteemed, trampled on a bit... this hurts you quite a bit... this must happen to you to help you to grow in your total consecration (total dedication to God through the Heart of Mary)."

I share this with you Marion, in hopes that it encourages you as it has encouraged me in growing in my walk with God through the years. It's helped me to try not to take anything personally (for too long at least :/ ) and to see everything, especially the challenges, as a stepping stone, and really a sign of how great our jealous God's love is for me. :)

Marion, you most certainly are the "ideal" for Jesus, so never forget that... and, just as you are now (though He always calls us higher). This is what Mary has done for me. She has helped me to find Jesus as my primary Lover, and the one for me to look to for my dignity and identity...

If I were to give you advice it would be this: share with our Lord and our Mother very personally your struggles that you experience on this site, and in all of your life. Place them all into Their Hearts and ask them to open and close doors as to what is best for you... Then be as a trusting child, always connecting with them and seeking Their guidance... They have something MOST special for you. In this way you will know clearly, if someone doesn't respond, God has closed that door.

Blessings to you :) (sorry post was so long :/)

Jan 19th 2013 new

--hide--

I did that early on when I joined. I thought responding to someone I was not interested in was the nice thing to do...since I am not a game player, and don't want to accidently trick someone. Now I just send an e-mail back and try to say something nice...but not suggestive. Personally I would rather not spend that time, and give someone false hope or wrong impression...but people think it is rude...so I that is the only way I can think to handle it. No 2 people will ever see things the same way.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: I did that early on when I joined. I thought responding to someone I was not interes...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

I did that early on when I joined. I thought responding to someone I was not interested in was the nice thing to do...since I am not a game player, and don't want to accidently trick someone. Now I just send an e-mail back and try to say something nice...but not suggestive. Personally I would rather not spend that time, and give someone false hope or wrong impression...but people think it is rude...so I that is the only way I can think to handle it. No 2 people will ever see things the same way.

--hide--

Sorry, Typo! I mean NOT responding seemed like the nice thing to do...for the above mentioned reasons!

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: Thanks guys - you have made me smile at least! Maybe God is telling me not to be greedy!

Thanks guys - you have made me smile at least! Maybe God is telling me not to be greedy!

--hide--
Indeed. He may be saving you from a worse fate.

Jan 20th 2013 new

--hide--

Marion,

If you send a simple hello, or emotigram, then a gentleman should certainly respond with a thank you. (But you have to give him room. If you initially send something that requires a detailed response, you're probably going to scare someone. If the fellow is open to correspondence with you, a simple "hello" is enough to break the ice and make him feel comfortable enough to respond in detail if he wants.)

Posts 1 - 10 of 81