Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

smile I'm interested in hearing from other Catholics what part Jesus in the Eucharist plays in your life. I don't know if there are others out there who have had similar experience to me, but I am in awe and have a hard time containing myself regarding what we as Catholics have available to us in the Eucharist. Though I grew up Catholic, it wasn't until my reversion to Catholicism following college that I realized what we have, and how indifferent and half-hearted I had been, and pre-occuppied with my life and what I would make of it ashamed , rather than recognizing this "Pearl of Great Price."
I came to realize the fact that as Catholics Jesus in the Eucharist is meant to be our Divine Bridegroom, for both men and women, and our primary Lover above and beyond any earthly spouse. Not to mention the graces the flow to us when we are disposed when receiving Him and spending time with Him in adoration. Please share your experiences...

Jan 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marie-933144 said: I'm interested in hearing from other Catholics what part Jesus in the Eucharist plays in your life. I don&...
(Quote) Marie-933144 said:

I'm interested in hearing from other Catholics what part Jesus in the Eucharist plays in your life. I don't know if there are others out there who have had similar experience to me, but I am in awe and have a hard time containing myself regarding what we as Catholics have available to us in the Eucharist. Though I grew up Catholic, it wasn't until my reversion to Catholicism following college that I realized what we have, and how indifferent and half-hearted I had been, and pre-occuppied with my life and what I would make of it , rather than recognizing this "Pearl of Great Price."
I came to realize the fact that as Catholics Jesus in the Eucharist is meant to be our Divine Bridegroom, for both men and women, and our primary Lover above and beyond any earthly spouse. Not to mention the graces the flow to us when we are disposed when receiving Him and spending time with Him in adoration. Please share your experiences...

--hide--

The Holy Eucharist is a one of the greatest acts of God's Love. For me it is incomprehensible that God Loves us so much that He allows Himself to be shared through this Sacrament. It just goes to show you that with True Love there are no limits.

On the pratical side of things, there's the saying "You are what you eat"...I wonder if this phrase already existed during the time of Jesus? scratchchin biggrin
Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: I'm interested in hearing from other Catholics what part Jesus in the Eucharist plays in your...

I'm interested in hearing from other Catholics what part Jesus in the Eucharist plays in your life. I don't know if there are others out there who have had similar experience to me, but I am in awe and have a hard time containing myself regarding what we as Catholics have available to us in the Eucharist. Though I grew up Catholic, it wasn't until my reversion to Catholicism following college that I realized what we have, and how indifferent and half-hearted I had been, and pre-occuppied with my life and what I would make of it , rather than recognizing this "Pearl of Great Price."

--hide--

It is everything. My source of love, consolation, strength, peace, hope, joy etc.... The list could go on indefinitely. It is the source and summit of my life. There is no way I could be a protestant and not have the Eucharist. I loose my eloquence when it comes to speaking of the wonder of Jesus, perfect being waiting for me imperfect creature to spend time with him. No words PERIOD. lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: I'm interested in hearing from other Catholics what part Jesus in the Eucharist plays in your...

--hide--

OMGoodness! What a beautiful topic! I really love my Catholic Faith, but by far the #1 reason I love being Catholic is the Real Presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. Jesus has drawn me through this Sacrament straight to His HEART. My primary way of praying is to go the the Adoration Chapel and just BE. Like the story about the elderly man who was asked why he would come and sit in the Church everyday and what he was doing: "I sit here and I look at Him, and He looks at me." It is His LOVE ministered to me through this Sacrament that has allowed my faith to develop from a religion where I merely practice the signs of the Faith to a relationship of LOVE. Thank you so much for asking this question, and I can't wait to hear others' testimonies!

Jan 20th 2013 new

The euchartist is the mass. Its Jesus coming to us each time we attend mass & go to communion. For me its special with being a eucharistic minister and being able to serve.

Jan 20th 2013 new

Wow! I love all of your sharings...Thank you! it is evident He has captured your hearts as well... can you feel the excitement of sharing about Him in this way biggrin
Yes, just to "be" with Him. I often explain one aspect of being in adoration in this way: As I gaze upon the Consecrated Host it's like looking into a mirror and coming to know my true dignity and identity in Him... He calls us forth from the tomb of our wounds and false beliefs of who we are created to be... The greatest lover that ever lived is passionately in love with us and longs for us to come to know this most deeply biggrin

Jan 20th 2013 new

--hide--
I don't know how much more i can say after reading such beautifull responses, but i know the more you adore and recieve the eucharist the stronger your faith and love grows, and helps others by seeing christ in you.

Jan 20th 2013 new

We are His Tabernacle, His Temple. And as Mother Mary said today in the Gospel, "do whatever He tells you". He gave us great instructions at the Last Supper, and it allows us to be one with Him.

Jan 20th 2013 new

Yes, Donna, it truly was Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, who drew me to the reality of her Son in the Eucharist. I know it is only because of her that my awareness of this great mystery is so great. I try to go before Jesus, or receive Him, in, with and through Her Heart smile

And Al, you are reflecting what so many of our Holy Fathers have said through the ages, especially in these times smile

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: As I gaze upon the Consecrated Host it's like looking into a mirror and coming to know my tru...

As I gaze upon the Consecrated Host it's like looking into a mirror and coming to know my true dignity and identity in Him... He calls us forth from the tomb of our wounds and false beliefs of who we are created to be... The greatest lover that ever lived is passionately in love with us and longs for us to come to know this most deeply

--hide--

ME TOO! LOVE, LOVE this statement!

Posts 1 - 10 of 32