Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

I enjoy going to the Shrine to the Infant Jesus of Prague on pilgrimage Sunday. Today the Priest called the children up to the front to talk to them. Basically he was talking to them about respecting the sanctuary and how we don't eat/drink things in the church. I thought GOOD a Priest who tries to teach people about things they should be teaching their kids....I really was happy he was talking to the kids with their parents present. Then after the kids went back to their parents and they settled down The Eucharist was exposed for adoration until after the novena prayers at 1:30pm. Since we were invited to lunch I went and enjoyed my meal and after visiting the gift shop went back to the church to pray.....

So what part of how to respect being in a church do people not understand? I ended up shaking my head no at a little boy climbing on the communion rail. There were kids and parents running around and talking loudly.....ughhhhhh I had troubles focusing on my prayer time....thank goodness the Priest came back to lead the novena prayers. Because everyone settled down then.

Parents please teach your children how to act in a church.....Ok I am done venting......
01/20/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I enjoy going to the Shrine to the Infant Jesus of Prague on pilgrimage Sunday. Today the Priest called ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I enjoy going to the Shrine to the Infant Jesus of Prague on pilgrimage Sunday. Today the Priest called the children up to the front to talk to them. Basically he was talking to them about respecting the sanctuary and how we don't eat/drink things in the church. I thought GOOD a Priest who tries to teach people about things they should be teaching their kids....I really was happy he was talking to the kids with their parents present. Then after the kids went back to their parents and they settled down The Eucharist was exposed for adoration until after the novena prayers at 1:30pm. Since we were invited to lunch I went and enjoyed my meal and after visiting the gift shop went back to the church to pray.....

So what part of how to respect being in a church do people not understand? I ended up shaking my head no at a little boy climbing on the communion rail. There were kids and parents running around and talking loudly.....ughhhhhh I had troubles focusing on my prayer time....thank goodness the Priest came back to lead the novena prayers. Because everyone settled down then.

Parents please teach your children how to act in a church.....Ok I am done venting......
--hide--

Good post, Brenda. If one is to judge by behavior, it appears many adults don't have a clue and thus aren't in a position to teach their children. Very sad.

Posts 1 - 2 of 2