Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie at CM, joined 3 weeks ago. I really want to be straightforward and honest in my profile info as well as my posts. But I have five kids, ages 5-16 all at home since my divorce in '10 and my annullment (YEAH!) in November '12. This fact, even on a Catholic website, is not the best advertising, if you catch my drift. Are there others out there who have had results either positive or negative with stating you have a large number of children? I am truly looking for a lifetime partner who will embrace them and love those kids with me, but who is willing to move here so they can still see their father. (psychologically best for them, I'm told. Stinks for me though...my family all lives in Minnesota.) Appreciate any and all thoughts on this. God bless!!

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Hi everyone - I'm a newbie at CM, joined 3 weeks ago. I really want to be straightforward ...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie at CM, joined 3 weeks ago. I really want to be straightforward and honest in my profile info as well as my posts. But I have five kids, ages 5-16 all at home since my divorce in '10 and my annullment (YEAH!) in November '12. This fact, even on a Catholic website, is not the best advertising, if you catch my drift. Are there others out there who have had results either positive or negative with stating you have a large number of children? I am truly looking for a lifetime partner who will embrace them and love those kids with me, but who is willing to move here so they can still see their father. (psychologically best for them, I'm told. Stinks for me though...my family all lives in Minnesota.) Appreciate any and all thoughts on this. God bless!!

--hide--

I think that open honesty is always best. If he is not open to children you would want to know that before you got yourself attached to someone who is not a good fit for your situation. Your situation takes a man who is generous, loves the Lord and loves you. That is hard to find but not impossible. You don't want many hits. You just want one that is able to be what you need. Trust in God and his knowledge of your needs. It is hard to do and I strugglw with it myself but be patient. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and TRUST.

To sum it up be honest and upfront as a way to weed out those who are not a good fit. I personally would not be happy if someone did not disclose something like that upfront and it would make me wonder what else might they be hiding. You ar eobviously a beautiful and wonderful woman and a man would be lucky to be able to join into a large Catholic family like yours. Begin to see yourself AND your children as the prize and a gift and someday a lucky man will come along with the qualities to win it. Best of luck and God bless you my beautiful sister in Christ. hug

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Hi everyone - I'm a newbie at CM, joined 3 weeks ago. I really want to be straightforward ...

--hide--

Yes, you must be completely honest with each answer in your profile. The number of children you have would not be in the same category as, say, a hobby or interest one might not mention in their profile.

Jan 21st 2013 new

--hide--

Being dishonest may get you more initial contacts, but what do you expect the reaction will be when they discover the truth?

If a person isn't willing to date a woman with 5 children, it's best to filter them out with no involvement required on your part than to get into a dating relationship then have them walk away.

Jan 21st 2013 new

Hi Caroline,

I always post pictures of mine in hopes of finding a BUYER! I thought we were supposed to do that. Like Craig's List? No?

And I am certain your children are NICE. That should hook a lot of guys, right? The novelty of it.

Don't worry about these things. Worry about all the teasing you get when some nice man with eight kids shows up at the door to take you out.

Plenty of people here will be glad to see lots of happy children. A woman who knows how to love is always a catch.

So. Are we talking a swap if you're not buying?

:')

NC Jim

Jan 21st 2013 new

Oh, and the honesty issue ...

I feel I must come clean about my photo. As many members have doubtlessly already guessed -- that picture is of an incredibly attractive male model , and skillfully photo-shopped to boot. What normal fellow could achieve such preternatual male beauty? No one!

However, I wanted a pic that reflected my stellar inner beauty and this seemed a good, albeit expensive, way to convey this greater Truth. I know you will forgive me.

Gosh I feel better now!

NC Jim

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Oh, and the honesty issue ... I feel I must come clean about my photo. As many members have ...
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Oh, and the honesty issue ...

I feel I must come clean about my photo. As many members have doubtlessly already guessed -- that picture is of an incredibly attractive male model , and skillfully photo-shopped to boot. What normal fellow could achieve such preternatual male beauty? No one!

However, I wanted a pic that reflected my stellar inner beauty and this seemed a good, albeit expensive, way to convey this greater Truth. I know you will forgive me.

Gosh I feel better now!

NC Jim

--hide--

I knew that couldn't be the real you, Jim! Thank you for your honesty! But, may I have the name and number of the true man in your picture?? He has a great smile and pretty eyes!

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I knew that couldn't be the real you, Jim! Thank you for your honesty! But, may...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I knew that couldn't be the real you, Jim! Thank you for your honesty! But, may I have the name and number of the true man in your picture?? He has a great smile and pretty eyes!

--hide--

Gosh Rachel I would love to introduce you but a pretty boy like that is obviously gay.

And that smile has a slightly manic look, don't you think? And eyes with such a clear and guileless look must bespeak someone who just plain does NOT know what is going on around him.

No, forget the looks. You should shoot for someone smokin' holy, such as myself. Someone who cares enough about your speedy entry to heaven that he will make your life on earth purgatorial. Many women have opined that I seem to do this quite naturally, the darlings. I believe it is my principal charism.

Back to the thread. ... Men want to be loved, appreciated and admired. Convey THIS in a profile and see your experience here improve dramatically. Remember the prize -- someone one to do yard work and take care of your car! Fewer words on what we want and more on what the other gets. Just sayin'*

NC Jim

Jan 21st 2013 new
Jim -- you make me lol -- keep smiling and funning -- and speaking the truth!
Jan 21st 2013 new

It's not honesty we want to worry about in our profiles. Having lots of kids running in and out and about is great fun. Enough of them and there will always be someone NOT mad at you! How cool is that?

It may be much better to convey how happy and joyful a match would be. The good stuff! (Like changing a diaper. I can still remember the satisfaction I felt when I found a neighbor lady to take care of it for me).

A man or woman should be able to picture the good things. A fella happy with the idea of another five kids is looking for, well, the happiness of it. There is plenty of it there.

NC Jim

Posts 1 - 10 of 32