Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said:
--hide--
I hit enter too fast. Go to around the 9.00 point on this video. Better yet watch the entire thing, even though it will make most of you very angry:

www.youtube.com

Jan 21st 2013 new

Thanks for posting that Peter.

Jan 21st 2013 new

Islam has always been against Chriistanity. Look at the concept of the the House of War vs the the House of peace in Islamist beleif

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I hit enter too fast. Go to around the 9.00 point on this video. Better yet watch the entire thin...

I hit enter too fast. Go to around the 9.00 point on this video. Better yet watch the entire thing, even though it will make most of you very angry:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Peter, I get what he is saying, but we have to keep the oil flowing and we can't let Israel just get run over by Arabs. So we will always be at war with them and not much we can do, if they will not understand this.

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Peter, I get what he is saying, but we have to keep the oil flowing and we can't let Israel ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Peter, I get what he is saying, but we have to keep the oil flowing and we can't let Israel just get run over by Arabs. So we will always be at war with them and not much we can do, if they will not understand this.

--hide--
The average Iranian has nothing against American citizens, just our government for one example. My sister was there about five years ago with her non-Muslim Persian husband, and experienced warm hospitality from his family and the kindness of strangers. My brother-in-law told me they don't even hate Israelis, but like most of the rest of the world are puzzled by our toxic relationship with the Israeli government.

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Peter, I get what he is saying, but we have to keep the oil flowing and we can't let Israel ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

--hide--
The future is not pretty, with the Islamization of much of Europe (their birthrate averages several times that of European families). What will England and France look like in fifty years? Will they be living under Sharia law? The same thing is happening in Israel only it's the radical ultra-orthodox Haredim (they force women to sit in the back of public busses) who's birthrate averages eight children per family to the two or three in the conservative/reform/secular majority population. They estimate in less than a decade the confrontational ultra-orthodox will comprise about a third of the Israeli population. The result will be more wars for the forseeable future, more American intervention because we will have to keep bailing them out, meaning we will be even more despised and targeted than we are today.

If I was younger, I'd move to Australia!

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: The future is not pretty, with the Islamization of much of Europe (their birthrate averages sever...

The future is not pretty, with the Islamization of much of Europe (their birthrate averages several times that of European families). What will England and France look like in fifty years? Will they be living under Sharia law? The same thing is happening in Israel only it's the radical ultra-orthodox Haredim (they force women to sit in the back of public busses) who's birthrate averages eight children per family to the two or three in the conservative/reform/secular majority population. They estimate in less than a decade the confrontational ultra-orthodox will comprise about a third of the Israeli population. The result will be more wars for the forseeable future, more American intervention because we will have to be bailing them out, meaning we will be even more despised and targeted than we are today.

If I was younger, I'd move to Australia!

--hide--
Peter ,I would go with you, But I don't think it will in our time. The next generation most likely we have to deal with it. I hope they are ready or they will in real trouble.

Jan 21st 2013 new

I think that the ex-CIA guy makes some good points.

Without going into all of the points, it seems like one major thing that the U.S. could do to reduce the tension in the middle-east is to develop a national energy policy that reduces our reliance on oil from these countries to a reletive trickle of what it is currently. If we could get nearly all of our energy from north and south American countries (and perhaps Russia too), then we wouldn't have the huge flow of cash from the U.S. to the middle-east oil producing countries and we wouldn't have to have such a large footprint there. Also, if this flow of cash dries up, it wouldn't be available to re-route to the terrorists. In the short term (say, over the next 20 years), I think we should be doing everything possible to develop our own energy resources (natural gas, nuclear, oil, renewables, etc.). I think that Obama should focus on all types of energy. I think that he is doing a great dis-service to this country by only focusing on renewables.

Obviously, this would only be part of the solution, but it could be a big part.

Just my thoughts.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I think that the ex-CIA guy makes some good points. Without going into all of the points, ...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I think that the ex-CIA guy makes some good points.

Without going into all of the points, it seems like one major thing that the U.S. could do to reduce the tension in the middle-east is to develop a national energy policy that reduces our reliance on oil from these countries to a reletive trickle of what it is currently. If we could get nearly all of our energy from north and south American countries (and perhaps Russia too), then we wouldn't have the huge flow of cash from the U.S. to the middle-east oil producing countries and we wouldn't have to have such a large footprint there. Also, if this flow of cash dries up, it wouldn't be available to re-route to the terrorists. In the short term (say, over the next 20 years), I think we should be doing everything possible to develop our own energy resources (natural gas, nuclear, oil, renewables, etc.). I think that Obama should focus on all types of energy. I think that he is doing a great dis-service to this country by only focusing on renewables.

Obviously, this would only be part of the solution, but it could be a big part.

Just my thoughts.

--hide--

The US has enough oil to take care of world needs for 100+ years. The Norwegian State Oil Company has its biggest current investment in the US.

But our ruling politicians are so blind that they refuse to allow the necessary drilling and development and instead tout pie in sky nonsense instead. It is not possible to build enough solar fields and or windmills to take care of the electrical needs. Insisting on fluorescent lamps will be disastrous to the environment.

But even assuming that somehow the Bonehead-in-Chief along with the rest of the like thinking pols in Washington suddenly saw the light and we became totally energy independent, the Middle east will remain a powder keg that will eventually trigger WWIII.

And it has nothing to do with the extremist Muslims antagonism to Israel. The sad fact is that those extremists spend more time, money and energy killing each and trying to subjecate each other than they do worrying about us, the rest of the West or Israel.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12