Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Walking across America

01/15/2013 new

I am planning on walking across America this spring. I am doing this is a personal spiritual journey, and after reading mathew kellys "rediscover catholicism", to offer up for renewed energy among catholics. I beleive i am being called to go on this journy. I will be try to set up a 24 hour prayer service at the local adoration. other than that, i am simply looking for any ideas, comments, or concerns (heard plenty already though haha)

01/15/2013 new

God Bless you Daniel!

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-796067 said: I am planning on walking across America this spring. I am doing this is a personal spiritual jou...
(Quote) Daniel-796067 said:

I am planning on walking across America this spring. I am doing this is a personal spiritual journey, and after reading mathew kellys "rediscover catholicism", to offer up for renewed energy among catholics. I beleive i am being called to go on this journy. I will be try to set up a 24 hour prayer service at the local adoration. other than that, i am simply looking for any ideas, comments, or concerns (heard plenty already though haha)

--hide--

Here's my idea Daniel - fly to California right now, cause it is darn cold here now. It would be a great time to get started biggrin

I don't have any other advice. I do have a facebook friend/past coworker from MN who tandem biked across the country - if you are seeking out info, I could ask. But I'm guessing you know someone who has done this.

Are you going on the hiking trails - I hear they are almost connected to the East coast from here.

01/15/2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-796067 said: I am planning on walking across America this spring. I am doing this is a personal spiritual jou...
(Quote) Daniel-796067 said:

--hide--

Hi Daniel! I think that's an awesome idea, and I would recommend checking out Crossroads USA. They are a pro-life group that walks across country throughout the year, and their website may offer lots of tips, comments, etc. Or, if you want, you could see about joining them! They walk primarily in support of the unborn and against the evil of abortion, but I've had friends who have walked with them and they spend their days in prayer, evangelization, and community, and have all had great experiences.

Whatever path God is calling you to, I pray He blesses you abundantly and brings much fruit from your journey! Good luck!

01/16/2013 new

I second the recommendation of Crossroads. That is a long journey to take alone. Praying

01/16/2013 new

Thank you for the info! very much appreciated! and lots of info regarding the crossroads im sure that will produce tons of helpful info. Regarding the biker, feel free to ask for info im sure i could use any tips i can find. Thanks all!

01/16/2013 new
Daniel that is AWESOME! Definitely check out Crossroads, God bless you!
01/18/2013 new

I think it would be a great idea but I agree some some of the others, look into doing it with Crossroads, that way you will have others to walk with and to pray with. Good luck!

01/21/2013 new

Hi Daniel, Good for you!! I was part of a cross country run in 2004. I was on the support team. (I hope you have one!) We went from San Francisco to Boston. I recommend going west to east across the country as it is more down hill than up. Pennsylvania had the worst hills, believe it or not! Let me know if you have any questions. Godspeed!

Posts 1 - 9 of 9