Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain sad Newsweek cover "proclaiming" that Obama is the Second Coming of Christ.

sadhillnews.com

Interesting that Obama, who is clearly an agnostic at best/an atheist at worst is being called the second coming of Christ.

Although he claims to be Christian, he was never baptized per interviews with Rev. Wright who stated that baptism was not necessary in his church in order to become "Christian" and that he did not baptize Obama.

I really think our country is in for a very rough road - at least for the next two years (perhaps midterm elections would change things).

I am wondering what, if anything, we can do to help our country survive this extremely progressive liberal man who unfortunately was reelected President of the U.S. (other than of course to pray/attend Mass/say rosaries, etc.)?

Jan 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain sad Newsweek co...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain sad Newsweek cover "proclaiming" that Obama is the Second Coming of Christ.

sadhillnews.com

Interesting that Obama, who is clearly an agnostic at best/an atheist at worst is being called the second coming of Christ.

Although he claims to be Christian, he was never baptized per interviews with Rev. Wright who stated that baptism was not necessary in his church in order to become "Christian" and that he did not baptize Obama.

I really think our country is in for a very rough road - at least for the next two years (perhaps midterm elections would change things).

I am wondering what, if anything, we can do to help our country survive this extremely progressive liberal man who unfortunately was reelected President of the U.S. (other than of course to pray/attend Mass/say rosaries, etc.)?

--hide--
Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be a multitude of things we can and should do, I believe the primary order of business for Catholics is to respond to Our Blessed Mother's request communicated through Sr. Mary Ephrem to install the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

"Our Lady, moreover, often emphasized her desire that the Shrine in Washington, D.C., be made a place of special pilgrimage. She wishes to be honored there as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin."

"She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin."

To her spiritual director: "Hurry, my son, for the time is short but the punishment will be long, and for many, forever. Tell the Bishops of the United States, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out."

She forewarned dire consequences if the U.S. doesn't heed her requests... www.ourladyofamerica.org
Jan 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be a multitude of things we can and should do, I b...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be a multitude of things we can and should do, I believe the primary order of business for Catholics is to respond to Our Blessed Mother's request communicated through Sr. Mary Ephrem to install the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

"Our Lady, moreover, often emphasized her desire that the Shrine in Washington, D.C., be made a place of special pilgrimage. She wishes to be honored there as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin."

"She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin."

To her spiritual director: "Hurry, my son, for the time is short but the punishment will be long, and for many, forever. Tell the Bishops of the United States, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out."

She forewarned dire consequences if the U.S. doesn't heed her requests... www.ourladyofamerica.org
--hide--
For those who want to encourage the U.S. Bishops to enthrone the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, I do think a respectfully submitted signed letter sent via regular mail trumps e-mail. It is best to send a copy to every bishop, not just yours. If you don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time from a particular bishop, please resend the letter.

Diocese and Bishop Addresses: www.usccb.org
Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be a multitude of things we can and shoul...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be a multitude of things we can and should do, I believe the primary order of business for Catholics is to respond to Our Blessed Mother's request communicated through Sr. Mary Ephrem to install the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

--hide--

Mary, thank you for posting this link. I read it in about 20 minutes or so. I would highly recommend that anyone reading this take the time to read the writings in the link of the private revelations from Our Lady of America.

Do you know Mary, what the stance/official position of the Church is on these writings by this nun? Is she on the path to sainthood yet?

I would wonder why her statue has not been placed in the Shrine in Washington, D. C. yet? This seems an important thing to do!

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain s...

sadhillnews.com

--hide--

Sounds like Newsweek has just declared Obama an Antichrist without realizing it. Of course, if called on it they would say "oh, but he goes to Church, therefore he sees Jesus as Lord and can't be an Antichrist."

(And yes, I've actually seen that argued!)

What they fail to account for is that, as Cardinal Biffi warned in a homily, the Antichrist might well claim to have the "best of Christian values" and even be an ecumenist. He took his cue from Soloviev's "A Short Tale of the Antichrist," where the title character is a spiritual and academic genius who is supremely prideful, and "knew the truth of who he should believe in, God and the Messiah ... in these he believed, but he loved only himself."

www.goodcatholicbooks.org

Jan 22nd 2013 new
Hi Patricia, I picked up on this in a CM thread "Four More Years of Hope" and another "Prayer for Our Beloved Country", both of which have a lot more info than I can convey. I visited the National Shrine after Christmas with my girlfriend and we were both struck by all the wonderful statues of Our Lady of various titles, nations, cities, and both of us agreed that in this our National Shrine, Our Lady of America needs to be there. The statue and her title are conspicuous by their absence. It's crazy that the gift she wants to give America is not being accepted from her. I am so heartened to come into this thread and see her being discussed. My girlfriend and I said her prayer earlier tonight over the phone. We're going to keep praying for this. This is our best, truest hope. Thanks to you both (Mary and Patricia) for spreading this word! John
Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Sounds like Newsweek has just declared Obama an Antichrist without realizing it. Of cou...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Sounds like Newsweek has just declared Obama an Antichrist without realizing it. Of course, if called on it they would say "oh, but he goes to Church, therefore he sees Jesus as Lord and can't be an Antichrist."

(And yes, I've actually seen that argued!)

What they fail to account for is that, as Cardinal Biffi warned in a homily, the Antichrist might well claim to have the "best of Christian values" and even be an ecumenist. He took his cue from Soloviev's "A Short Tale of the Antichrist," where the title character is a spiritual and academic genius who is supremely prideful, and "knew the truth of who he should believe in, God and the Messiah ... in these he believed, but he loved only himself."

www.goodcatholicbooks.org

--hide--

Thanks for posting the link to Soloviev's work, John. So, I suppose it is possible that Obama could be the antichrist as we certainly don't know when the antichrist will appear or who he will be. Is anyone seriously considering this premise that you know of?

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Hi Patricia, I picked up on this in a CM thread "Four More Years of Hope" and another "Pra...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Hi Patricia, I picked up on this in a CM thread "Four More Years of Hope" and another "Prayer for Our Beloved Country", both of which have a lot more info than I can convey. I visited the National Shrine after Christmas with my girlfriend and we were both struck by all the wonderful statues of Our Lady of various titles, nations, cities, and both of us agreed that in this our National Shrine, Our Lady of America needs to be there. The statue and her title are conspicuous by their absence. It's crazy that the gift she wants to give America is not being accepted from her. I am so heartened to come into this thread and see her being discussed. My girlfriend and I said her prayer earlier tonight over the phone. We're going to keep praying for this. This is our best, truest hope. Thanks to you both (Mary and Patricia) for spreading this word! John
--hide--

You're welcome, John. I would like to read more info about the nun that had these private revelations. Do you know if anyone has started a cause for sainthood for her yet?

Jan 23rd 2013 new
I haven't seen anything about it online. Quite often it's not until much later that causes are taken up. From what I gathered from reading the PDF document on Our Lady of America, the sister was very humble. She was so humble in fact that she thought that all religious received these types of visits.
Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I would like to read more info about the nun that had these private revelations. Do you know if anyone ha...

I would like to read more info about the nun that had these private revelations. Do you know if anyone has started a cause for sainthood for her yet?

--hide--
Patricia,

I have some very interesting articles on Sr. Mary Ephrem and her private revelations which may answer your questions. As soon as I have time to sort out the most pertinent, I'll post them.
Posts 1 - 10 of 31