Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

I can't believe the Vatican is going to make a manual to make sure the Mass it said the right way. This is great news and about time they fixed all the errors and abuses. Thank God for This Pope, here is the article.www.zenit.org

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I can't believe the Vatican is going to make a manual to make sure the Mass it said the righ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I can't believe the Vatican is going to make a manual to make sure the Mass it said the right way. This is great news and about time they fixed all the errors and abuses. Thank God for This Pope, here is the article.www.zenit.org

--hide--
Not trying to degrade their efforts, Thomas, but this reminds me of something. If you give 20 people a recipe for meatloaf (for example), and all 20 follow the recipe exactly, all using the same ingredients, there will still be some difference in each of them. Somehow there's a human factor that comes into play.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

I am glad to see this but wonder how effective it will be. I have been to mass where they aren't following what Rome has said what and how to do things. A few things like only a priest or deacon should fill the wine in th e chalice or using precious metals for the body and blood of christ and the cleansing of the vessels for Holy Communion should be cleaned by a priest or deacon. I pray that even these little things will be done according to Romes ways.

Jan 22nd 2013 new
How about getting down to the basics of re-evangelizing the people?

The trouble with much in the Catholic Church in my humble opinion is that everything is done by committee and nothing gets accomplished. I find it frustrating that converts seem to know more about the basics of Catholicism than many cradle Catholics.
Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Not trying to degrade their efforts, Thomas, but this reminds me of something. If you give 20 peopl...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Not trying to degrade their efforts, Thomas, but this reminds me of something. If you give 20 people a recipe for meatloaf (for example), and all 20 follow the recipe exactly, all using the same ingredients, there will still be some difference in each of them. Somehow there's a human factor that comes into play.

--hide--
This is so true, they had norms always to follow and so many didn't or won't follow them.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: How about getting down to the basics of re-evangelizing the people? The trouble with much in the ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: How about getting down to the basics of re-evangelizing the people?

The trouble with much in the Catholic Church in my humble opinion is that everything is done by committee and nothing gets accomplished. I find it frustrating that converts seem to know more about the basics of Catholicism than many cradle Catholics.
--hide--

Since the great exodus of priests and religious in the 60s and on, the church has done a very poor job in educating the laity. Matters were made worse by the very prro traing of priests in seminaries during the same period.

It has nothing to do with "everything being done by committees."

The reason converts, on average, know more about the church than cradle Catholics is simply the factthat as convert has to make a choice andcan only make that choice when, through study, they have become convinced that the Catholic churh ius the one true chuirch.

On the other hand, for far too many cradle Caholics, any preternse at learning about the faith ends with Confirmation. Their religion is more a matter of culture and family tradition, then a real knoweldge of the Church and its teachings. On average,, sermons at Mass are poor in conveying any real sense of Catholic teaching.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Since the great exodus of priests and religious in the 60s and on, the church has done a ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Since the great exodus of priests and religious in the 60s and on, the church has done a very poor job in educating the laity. Matters were made worse by the very prro traing of priests in seminaries during the same period.

The reason converts, on average, know more about the church than cradle Catholics is simply the factthat as convert has to make a choice andcan only make that choice when, through study, they have become convinced that the Catholic churh ius the one true chuirch.

On the other hand, for far too many cradle Caholics, any preternse at learning about the faith ends with Confirmation. Their religion is more a matter of culture and family tradition, then a real knoweldge of the Church and its teachings. On average,, sermons at Mass are poor in conveying any real sense of Catholic teaching.

--hide--
I totally agree Paul, but how can we expect any priest to teach the laity when none of them agree on how to even say mass. By me, in my town, everyone is in and out of the Tabernacle and the Tabernacle is behind a wall behind the alter. if you go over just one town The priest is the only one in the Tabernacle and no one else is allowed ever and it is right out front, just behind the alter. Like it use to be???

Some other churches in my area have it in another room all together. This should not be in one diocese, it should at least be the same under one Bishop, but it is always different in every Church. This is just crazy it could be this way. It use to be the same when I was younger, in every Church I went to. I just hope this is a good step to better unity, God knows we need it in these times.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I can't believe the Vatican is going to make a manual to make sure the Mass it said the righ...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

--hide--

If the priests do not see the need to follow the rubrics and GIRM now, why does anyone think these same priests will see the need to follow said manual?

Jan 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Since the great exodus of priests and religious in the 60s and on, the church has done a very po...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--

In other words, Catholics by and large have become apostate?
Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: In other words, Catholics by and large have become apostate?
(Quote) John-220051 said:

In other words, Catholics by and large have become apostate?
--hide--

In Latin/Western terms, more likely those who profess to be Catholic, yet are not, are heretics or schismatics than apostates.

Posts 1 - 10 of 23