Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Our fearless leader Brian wrote an article awhile ago that just popped up on the blog, which I read for the first time today. I wondered what you all thought about his six reasons as to why you are not getting a response. To read the whole article: www.catholicmatch.com

Otherwise the bottom line of the six are:

1. No established etiquette for online communication

2. Online daters are hasty and use the shotgun approach (meaning they contact people they might not in "real life" - not like a shotgun wedding! eyepopping)

3. We are more critical online - gotta look hot or daters say "NOT"

4. People are unrealistic in regard to who they initiate contact with

5. Sometimes the chemistry is off

6. Not all members are paid subscribers - so they can't respond!

Do you think Brian is spot on? Or are other factors in play?

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Our fearless leader Brian wrote an article awhile ago that just popped up on the blog, which I ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Our fearless leader Brian wrote an article awhile ago that just popped up on the blog, which I read for the first time today. I wondered what you all thought about his six reasons as to why you are not getting a response. To read the whole article: www.catholicmatch.com

Otherwise the bottom line of the six are:

1. No established etiquette for online communication

2. Online daters are hasty and use the shotgun approach (meaning they contact people they might not in "real life" - not like a shotgun wedding! )

3. We are more critical online - gotta look hot or daters say "NOT"

4. People are unrealistic in regard to who they initiate contact with

5. Sometimes the chemistry is off

6. Not all members are paid subscribers - so they can't respond!

Do you think Brian is spot on? Or are other factors in play?

--hide--

I always rationalized as faulty keyboard prevented the reponses. laughing Guess, I should accept reality. boggled

Jan 22nd 2013 new

I think that, after 13 years of running this site as a previoulsy single man seeking a wife, as well as learning from the experiences shared on his site over all these years from a bird's eye point of view, I'm more inclined to give his point of view far more credibility than the opinion of a journalist, or talking head on TV.

Anyone on this site who believes that they cannot learn something from Brian either isn't paying attention, or isn't interested in learning.

Just my two cents

theheart

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: I think that, after 13 years of running this site as a previoulsy single man seeking a wife, as ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

I think that, after 13 years of running this site as a previoulsy single man seeking a wife, as well as learning from the experiences shared on his site over all these years from a bird's eye point of view, I'm more inclined to give his point of view far more credibility than the opinion of a journalist, or talking head on TV.

Anyone on this site who believes that they cannot learn something from Brian either isn't paying attention, or isn't interested in learning.

Just my

--hide--

I would agree. Just putting it out there for some discussion. You are a feisty one! Battling eyelashes

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I would agree. Just putting it out there for some discussion. You are a feisty one...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I would agree. Just putting it out there for some discussion. You are a feisty one!

--hide--

Enjoy it while it lasts! wink

theheart

Jan 22nd 2013 new

I'd also be interested in knowing if Brian (are you out there?) changed his own search and contact methods on CM and because of that is now happily married?

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Enjoy it while it lasts!

Enjoy it while it lasts!

--hide--

Doesn't bother me - I'm pretty feisty myself. Lion It adds spice to life - but only if accompanied by a good sense of humor! tongue

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: I always rationalized as faulty keyboard prevented the reponses. Guess, I should...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

I always rationalized as faulty keyboard prevented the reponses. Guess, I should accept reality.

--hide--

We could add the faulty keyboard as number 7 - and maybe bad internet connections, bad hair days, favorite TV shows on - as possibles after! wink

Jan 22nd 2013 new

I agree with them all...and there are surely more. The issue is which reason is the reason in a particular situation as to why you are not getting the response.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: I think that, after 13 years of running this site as a previoulsy single man seeking a wife, as ...

Just my

--hide--

Your 2 cents is worth at least 4!! dont' sell yourself short wink thumbsup thumbsup

Posts 1 - 10 of 30