Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Unpaid Subscribers

Jan 23rd 2013 new

How does one know a unpaid subscriber from their profile? I still don't know. Thanks.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

You cannot know one way or the other from their profile. You can get some hints, however, by watching their site activity. If you see them in the chat rooms, or posting in the forums other than Community Help, they are a paid subscriber (at least as of the time of their post, as their subscription could be up as soon as the next day).

Here's the thing: if someone interest you, send her a message, whether you think she is a paid subscriber or not. There is no guarantee that by knowing she's a paid subscriber that she'll write back. Likewise, just because someone is an unpaid subscriber doesn't mean you won't get a response... maybe they're on the fence about rejoining, and your contact/message might just be what it takes for them to ante up with a new paid subscription.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: How does one know a unpaid subscriber from their profile? I still don't know. Thanks. <...
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

How does one know a unpaid subscriber from their profile? I still don't know. Thanks.

--hide--

You don't and never will.. This is a frequently asked question in the Forums.. There are a lot of free members who see no value in signing up as a paid member unless someone has contacted them.. Many people WILL PAY if they are interested in reading your message.. My advice is, just keep sending them out but don't dwell on the ones that don't respond..

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: You cannot know one way or the other from their profile. You can get some hints, however, by wat...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

You cannot know one way or the other from their profile. You can get some hints, however, by watching their site activity. If you see them in the chat rooms, or posting in the forums other than Community Help, they are a paid subscriber (at least as of the time of their post, as their subscription could be up as soon as the next day).

Here's the thing: if someone interest you, send her a message, whether you think she is a paid subscriber or not. There is no guarantee that by knowing she's a paid subscriber that she'll write back. Likewise, just because someone is an unpaid subscriber doesn't mean you won't get a response... maybe they're on the fence about rejoining, and your contact/message might just be what it takes for them to ante up with a new paid subscription.

--hide--

True enough Michael..I forgot about the site activity..

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Thanks

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Thanks

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: You cannot know one way or the other from their profile. You can get some hints, however, by wat...

--hide--

One word of caution: the site activity flags apparently do not age; that is, if they indicate a person has used features reserved for paid members, this activity may have been long in the past. For example, my activity shows I have used the trivia feature, which I haven't done in many months, if not years.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: One word of caution: the site activity flags apparently do not age; that is, if they indi...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

One word of caution: the site activity flags apparently do not age; that is, if they indicate a person has used features reserved for paid members, this activity may have been long in the past. For example, my activity shows I have used the trivia feature, which I haven't done in many months, if not years.

--hide--

Point well taken, and typically if somebody interests me, and I see forums under their site activity (or even if I don't) I'll usually head straight into the forums and run a member number search, to see when they last posted, as well as how often and what they tend to post about. Chatroom activity is a bit trickier to track down, unless you have a lot of time to go through the chat transcripts. But if you happen to be in there at the right time, and you see them chatting away, they're a paid member at that moment... but not necessarily for very long. People come and go, as far as being paid members, and I still maintain that if someone interests you, attempt to make that contact.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Point well taken, and typically if somebody interests me, and I see forums under their s...

Point well taken, and typically if somebody interests me, and I see forums under their site activity (or even if I don't) I'll usually head straight into the forums and run a member number search, to see when they last posted, as well as how often and what they tend to post about. Chatroom activity is a bit trickier to track down, unless you have a lot of time to go through the chat transcripts. But if you happen to be in there at the right time, and you see them chatting away, they're a paid member at that moment... but not necessarily for very long. People come and go, as far as being paid members, and I still maintain that if someone interests you, attempt to make that contact.

--hide--

Absolutely!

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: One word of caution: the site activity flags apparently do not age; that is, if they indi...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--

Thank you for answering that the Site Activity "doesn't age", I wondered about that.

So what good does it do to have it?

Posts 1 - 10 of 11