Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: I just thought I'd share this link that I find very inspiring from Vicka, the reported Medjug...
(Quote) Marie-933144 said:

I just thought I'd share this link that I find very inspiring from Vicka, the reported Medjugorje visionary, regarding marriage... for anyone interested
:)
www.medjugorje.org

--hide--

Thank you Marie for sharing this

01/23/2013 new

Some scripture to add to our discssion

Proverbs 3:1-6:35

And my favorite from Sunday's Mass: "Do whatever he tells you."

A good article from Integrated Catholic . com, a great website and resource by the way.

www.integratedcatholiclife.org

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: I just thought I'd share this link that I find very inspiring from Vicka, the reported Medjug...
(Quote) Marie-933144 said:

I just thought I'd share this link that I find very inspiring from Vicka, the reported Medjugorje visionary, regarding marriage... for anyone interested
:)
www.medjugorje.org

--hide--

This was a great read .. Thank you for posting Marie. wave This is what struck me to be the most important part of her message:

So I want to tell young people: do not be afraid to commit yourselves in marriage, to choose the path of marriage! But in order to be well assured in your path, whether it is that one or another, the most important thing is to put God first in your life, to put prayer first, to start the day with prayer and to end with prayer. A marriage in which there is no prayer, is a marriage that does not last, it is empty. Where there is love, there is everything. But one thing has to be emphasised: love, yes, but what love? Love for God first, then love for the person you are going to be living with. Then, on life's journey, you must not expect everything to be rosy, to be easy. No! When sacrifices become necessary, small penances, you must always offer them to the Lord with all your heart. Every day, thank the Lord for all that has happened that day. That is why I am saying: dear young people, dear new couples, do not be afraid. Make God the most important person in your family, make him the King of your family, put him first, and he will bless you - not only you yourselves but also all who come near you. Praying

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Jay-564527 said: Some scripture to add to our discssion Proverbs 3:1-6:35 And my favorite from Sun...
(Quote) Jay-564527 said:

Some scripture to add to our discssion

Proverbs 3:1-6:35

And my favorite from Sunday's Mass: "Do whatever he tells you."

A good article from Integrated Catholic . com, a great website and resource by the way.

www.integratedcatholiclife.org

--hide--

Thanks Jay and welcome... Very good article ...

I like the mention of St. Augustine " When we do follow Augustine’s advice to “love God and then do what you will,” we usually experience great relief and peace. Peace is a mark of the Holy Spirit."

Also loving God's will... So often we are not happy with our state in life but to truly love and be thankful for everything.

Wonderful Catholic Info. Loving God's will and doing whatever He tells us ... Great advice ...

Peace and Prayers,
Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

01/23/2013 new

Thank you Kathleen for sharing the wisdom in your above posts. Thank you Marie for the article. I really liked it.

01/23/2013 new

You're welcome Chris, and welcome to the forums.

01/23/2013 new
Jay, this is amazing you have referred to this statement from last Sunday's Gospel. My parish priest noted that these five words spoken by Mary are the last recorded words from her. What meaning they have for us as single Catholics, though. I know His plan for me unfolds everyday...I pray that I will "hear" it when it is revealed.
01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?

--hide--

Just wanted to share this quote from St. Francis de Sales as it is his feast day today.. wave

“Our business is to love what God would have done.He wills our vocation as it is. Let us love that and not trifle away our time hankering after other people’s vocations.”

- St. Francis de Sales

Praying

For Reflection:

How can “hankering after other people’s vocations” lead me to be discontented with what God has chosen for me? How does it deprive me of grace? In what ways can it lead me into sin?

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?

--hide--
In 1979, my then girlfriend asked me when I wanted to get married. Although it was the furthest thing from my mind, and without thinking, I blurted out, "How about six months from now?" She immediately went to her kitchen calendar and circled that Saturday. That's how I was called to the Sacrament of Matrimony. Probably not exactly what you were asking, but I have no regrets.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: In 1979, my then girlfriend asked me when I wanted to get married. Although it was the furthest t...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

In 1979, my then girlfriend asked me when I wanted to get married. Although it was the furthest thing from my mind, and without thinking, I blurted out, "How about six months from now?" She immediately went to her kitchen calendar and circled that Saturday. That's how I was called to the Sacrament of Matrimony. Probably not exactly what you were asking, but I have no regrets.

--hide--

Ha! That's great! Love it!

Posts 91 - 100 of 200