Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

"Liking" photos

Jan 22nd 2013 new

So, just saw that we have a new feature that we can "like" someone's photos. You get an email saying so and so "liked" you photo.

Is there going to be some record of that on your profile or is the email it?

Is the number of likes a photo gets going to be public info, in other words, are other users besides yourself going to know that this photo has been liked X times (or not liked at all?) Is there going to be a feature of the most "liked" photos on CM?

Thanks.

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Since I have already experimented with this...

Under the "Inbox" header, there is a "Likes" link in the drop-down menu. A list will display showing everyone who has "liked" your pictures and the pictures that were "liked".

And yes, each photo will display how many have "liked" it to everyone who views the picture.

theheart

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: So, just saw that we have a new feature that we can "like" someone's photos. You get an...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

So, just saw that we have a new feature that we can "like" someone's photos. You get an email saying so and so "liked" you photo.

Is there going to be some record of that on your profile or is the email it?

Is the number of likes a photo gets going to be public info, in other words, are other users besides yourself going to know that this photo has been liked X times (or not liked at all?) Is there going to be a feature of the most "liked" photos on CM?

Thanks.

--hide--

Years ago there used to be a most popular photos section.. Seemed kind of unfair to me.. laughing

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Since I have already experimented with this... Under the "Inbox" header, th...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Since I have already experimented with this...

Under the "Inbox" header, there is a "Likes" link in the drop-down menu. A list will display showing everyone who has "liked" your pictures and the pictures that were "liked".

And yes, each photo will display how many have "liked" it to everyone who views the picture.

--hide--

Victor, my delete button showed up a little while ago along with a caption box!!!!!! biggrin AND your still here clap laughing

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Victor, my delete button showed up a little while ago along with a caption box!!!!!! AND ...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Victor, my delete button showed up a little while ago along with a caption box!!!!!! AND your still here

--hide--

I don't know why you thought I wouldn't be, especially since I already said that I would be. boggled

theheart

Jan 24th 2013 new

While searching through profiles I did notice the "Likes photos" feature. Unconsciously, I noticed that I would move on without atempting to contact that person even though I may have been interested. It could be that I thought they were already too busy. My experience and my vote tells me that the feature should be private. For the recipients eyes only. Cheers! goldfish

Jan 24th 2013 new
To the public, it does not say WHO "liked" the photo. It just says that 1 person liked this photo.

I'm glad that Victor pointed out how to find out if photos have been "liked." I never got a notification!
Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Kurby-934377 said: While searching through profiles I did notice the "Likes photos" feature. Unconsciously...
(Quote) Kurby-934377 said:

While searching through profiles I did notice the "Likes photos" feature. Unconsciously, I noticed that I would move on without atempting to contact that person even though I may have been interested. It could be that I thought they were already too busy. My experience and my vote tells me that the feature should be private. For the recipients eyes only. Cheers!

--hide--

Be brave Kurby --- one can never be too busy for the "right" one. But you won't know if it can be you unless you throw your hat in the ring!

Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: To the public, it does not say WHO "liked" the photo. It just says that 1 person liked this photo. ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: To the public, it does not say WHO "liked" the photo. It just says that 1 person liked this photo.

I'm glad that Victor pointed out how to find out if photos have been "liked." I never got a notification!
--hide--
Same! Glad I stumbled upon this topic, as I never got notifications either -- what a nice surprise! :)
Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: To the public, it does not say WHO "liked" the photo. It just says that 1 person liked this photo. ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: To the public, it does not say WHO "liked" the photo. It just says that 1 person liked this photo.

--hide--
I received a "like" notification but it was delayed and I already noticed it in my inbox
Posts 1 - 10 of 10