Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

First meetings

01/23/2013 new
What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you been the one to travel, did the other party travel to you, or did you decide to meet somewhere in the middle? What about when living a few states apart? How long do you make your stay then? Please discuss! :)
01/23/2013 new

I wish someone would post on this. . . I wanna know too

01/23/2013 new

no takers on this one yet?

I've done the first meeting in a variety of ways. One time when I was corresponding with a lady from Detroit, and we met midway between for lunch, when she was going to be near the UP visiting friends. Last summer I flew down to a Southern state to meet a lady. I stayed at a hotel, and we had a series of "dates" over a four day weekend period. Other ladies I've "met" the first time as part of a larger CM event.

If you (the ladies) do choose to be the one to travel, be sure to connect with your friends in the St Ann's room, as they can give you some good advice on safety when traveling to meet a guy (and support should you need it).

Sorry for the intrusion, young people sorry ...

old guy

01/24/2013 new

First meetings with local girls has typically been something casual and laid back like coffee or ice cream or a walk in the park or maybe bowling. Longer distance I've always been the one to travel, whether it was a trip specifically to see her (which would typically be for 2-4 days), meeting up as I was passing through her area (as little as an hour or as long as a day or so), or adding on to an existing trip.

Although I do consider a first meeting with a CM girl as a date, they are really more of just a meet up to see if any of the attraction and connection online translates well to the real world...as in a way you really are pretty much just two strangers meeting for the first time.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you be...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you been the one to travel, did the other party travel to you, or did you decide to meet somewhere in the middle? What about when living a few states apart? How long do you make your stay then? Please discuss! :)
--hide--
My thoughts on first meetings?

Have one. It's the only way to make progress.

The answers to your other questions have varied depending upon the circumstances. I've met a few fine CM ladies -- some of whom are in the area, so getting together hasn't been a problem. On occasion, because of distance, we've met roughly half-way; in one case, close to our destination for the day. A few states apart? I've tried that, driving the entire distance. On those occasions, I've stayed in their areas a week. Those were great experiences, but the realization set in that long distance relationships would be extremely difficult -- for each of us. Those weeks weren't a waste of time at all -- not in my eyes.

Being younger, perhaps long-distances and the possibility of relocating won't be as difficult for you to manage.

It's difficult to give specific answers to all of your questions because each situation is different. What works one time won't work another. It's what both of you can manage; what both of you feel comfortable with; and, to some extent, what both of you can afford.

I do encourage actual dates as soon as possible, and not prolong emailing, messaging, and phone calls. They are important, but they're not a substitute for the real thing -- meeting face-to-face.

There are many great CM men in your age group, so I think your dating experiences will be positive.

Hope this has helped at least a little.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: no takers on this one yet? I've done the first meeting in a variety of ways. One time...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

no takers on this one yet?

I've done the first meeting in a variety of ways. One time when I was corresponding with a lady from Detroit, and we met midway between for lunch, when she was going to be near the UP visiting friends. Last summer I flew down to a Southern state to meet a lady. I stayed at a hotel, and we had a series of "dates" over a four day weekend period. Other ladies I've "met" the first time as part of a larger CM event.

If you (the ladies) do choose to be the one to travel, be sure to connect with your friends in the St Ann's room, as they can give you some good advice on safety when traveling to meet a guy (and support should you need it).

Sorry for the intrusion, young people ...

old guy

--hide--
Old guy -- but young at heart. What Michael says applies to ANY and ALL age groups.

Not to make anyone paranoid, but reasonable precautions should be taken. By and large, people on this site are legitimate aind sincere, but there have been occasional scammers working their way in here. They don't last long, as they are soon discovered. But you don't want to be caught in between.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: My thoughts on first meetings? Have one. It's the only way to make progress.
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

My thoughts on first meetings?

Have one. It's the only way to make progress.

--hide--

Amen!

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you be...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you been the one to travel, did the other party travel to you, or did you decide to meet somewhere in the middle? What about when living a few states apart? How long do you make your stay then? Please discuss! :)
--hide--

Just keep it casual and most importantly PUBLIC. By in large most people on here are good people, but don't feel pressured to step out of you confront zone. If there is some distant involved either meet in the middle or have the guy come to your area.

Being from New England you can be a couple states apart and only be a couple of hours part wink I'm assume you thinking more like NH to GA so something like that. I'd say a weekend should be a good rule of thumb in this case.

Hope that helps, Good luck!

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: Just keep it casual and most importantly PUBLIC. By in large most people on here are goo...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

Just keep it casual and most importantly PUBLIC. By in large most people on here are good people, but don't feel pressured to step out of you confront zone. If there is some distant involved either meet in the middle or have the guy come to your area.

Being from New England you can be a couple states apart and only be a couple of hours part I'm assume you thinking more like NH to GA so something like that. I'd say a weekend should be a good rule of thumb in this case.

--hide--

Really like that you mentioned what a difference there could be in "several states apart". And don't forget for us Texans (probably Californians and Floridians, too) especially that even within 1 state it's a long drive from one to the other. Austin makes a nice meet up spot. Tentatively planning a F2F there with someone from the other end of Texas. Even within my state it's a LDR if we take it that far.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: (Quote) Justin-32820 said: Just keep it casual and most important...
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

Quote:
Justin-32820 said:

Being from New England you can be a couple states apart and only be a couple of hours part I'm assume you thinking more like NH to GA so something like that. I'd say a weekend should be a good rule of thumb in this case.

Really like that you mentioned what a difference there could be in "several states apart". And don't forget for us Texans (probably Californians and Floridians, too) especially that even within 1 state it's a long drive from one to the other. Austin makes a nice meet up spot. Tentatively planning a F2F there with someone from the other end of Texas. Even within my state it's a LDR if we take it that far.

--hide--

Oh I didn't forget about you Texans, I lived in south Texas for 10 years so i'm part Texan myself wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 25