Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

"Catholic rite" option gone?

Jan 24th 2013 new

Hi,

I noticed I haven't been able to see someone's Catholic rite on here in the last while, whereas before it was visible. Specifically, I remember being able to select it as one of the portions of Searches and see it on the profiles too. Is this just a glitch or was it intentionally removed?

Jan 24th 2013 new

Maybe people aren't aware that this can be written into the text part of the Faith essay section..

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Maybe people aren't aware that this can be written into the text part of the Faith essay secti...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Maybe people aren't aware that this can be written into the text part of the Faith essay section..

--hide--

That's one option, but I thought it was an effective part of the Search. What you said is fine once you view the person's profile -- that is, if they included it. However, if they did not choose to include their rite as part of the written portion it's not as helpful as it could be, for people who would like to find someone of a certain rite. I just felt like that was an important feature that was removed as part of some recent changes to the site.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Melissa-878663 said: That's one option, but I thought it was an effective part of the Search. What ...
(Quote) Melissa-878663 said:

That's one option, but I thought it was an effective part of the Search. What you said is fine once you view the person's profile -- that is, if they included it. However, if they did not choose to include their rite as part of the written portion it's not as helpful as it could be, for people who would like to find someone of a certain rite. I just felt like that was an important feature that was removed as part of some recent changes to the site.

--hide--

About 98% was Roman Rite.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: About 98% was Roman Rite.
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

--hide--

Okay. Thanks for your reply.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: About 98% was Roman Rite.
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

--hide--

Which means it would be very effective at filtering for those looking for someone who is not Roman rite.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Which means it would be very effective at filtering for those looking for someone who is ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Which means it would be very effective at filtering for those looking for someone who is not Roman rite.

--hide--

Good point, Jerry. Thanks for your input.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:   Which means it would be very effective at filtering for those looking for someone ...

--hide--

Balanced by the downside that very few people ever searched on that criteria and yet that was one more question we had to require to answer. Streamliing and shortenting the profile creation process has resulted in a higher number of people completing profile and less dropping off. #tradeoff

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Which means it would be very effective at filtering for those looking for someone who is ...

--hide--

OR =) a candidate for the favorite tags under faith as soon as I get around to adding the search in for it!

That would be the best of both worlds.

Feb 4th 2013 new

Asked and answered. Locking up.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10