Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

01/23/2013 new
(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Coming in late here, but I think that physical attraction is somewhat important initially, but what is attr...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

Coming in late here, but I think that physical attraction is somewhat important initially, but what is attractive to people varies quite widely.

For those of us who have been married before, the physical attractiveness of your spouse isn't actually seen on a day to day basis. It actually turns into seeing/feeling their spirit. The lightness or darkness of their soul eminates, and you feel their spirit in the room. The attraction to be intimately close to them comes from our perception of their spirit. I doesn't matter how handsome or beautiful someone is...it becomes neutral after some time. As evidenced by many people being unfaithful to beautiful people ie. celebrities.

--hide--
Hi Christine, I can relate with your statement although it is not particular to marriage only. I could feel the gaze of a gentleman when he walked into the room and I knew he could feel my eyes on him too because he would stop conversing to look my way. Either of us not beautiful but on the same wavelength. It was wonderful while it lasted. Oh, look at the subject.....on the sidelines, Eileen
01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Sorry, forgive me, I just realized that I have a couple more years to go in order to post in ...

Sorry, forgive me, I just realized that I have a couple more years to go in order to post in this room! it won't happen again :)

--hide--

no problem...so nice to have youngsters in the room! wink wave

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I agree with you Donna. Whether it is a relationship or marriage, I think there has to be chemistry bet...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I agree with you Donna. Whether it is a relationship or marriage, I think there has to be chemistry between the people. It is what makes conversation interesting, brings out humor and teasing and generally keeps people young. If he is not a good kisser, bye bye because it all starts with a kiss. Even at my age, I want that passion and lovin' feeling ( I think that was a song for good reason).
--hide--

Agreement backatcha..Especially on the kissing.. That is an important indicator for me.. If that ain't right nothing else will be either..

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: “Kissing don’t last: cookery do!” ~ George Meredith
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

“Kissing don’t last: cookery do!”

~ George Meredith

--hide--

rolling eyes laughing

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Let me toss a couple of cents in here... Since my status is never married
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Let me toss a couple of cents in here...

Since my status is never married I might be way off here, but as I see it I have to be physically attracted along with the rest of the package in order to consider marriage. And even after entering Holy marriage I still have to work on keeping the flame alive as, in my view, the courtship never ends. As a man my job is to keep her feeling safe and secure with me, bring treats and gifts to my lady and not only tell her but also show her that no other woman is of interest for me. This is an ongoing job which I think is too easy to forget. As we never should take God for granted (even though He always is there) we should never take our spouse for granted.

Notice each other, touch each other, call her while being away just to tell her you love her, dance with each other. Keep doing the small things for each other. Not because you have to but because you want to. Everything you do for your spouse, you do for God.

--hide--

Did you know that dancing together 4 times a week reduces the risk of Alzheimers by 74%?

01/23/2013 new

Did you know that dancing together 4 times a week reduces the risk of Alzheimers by 74%?

Now - that's what I'm talking about!

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Did you know that dancing together 4 times a week reduces the risk of Alzheimers by 74%?
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Now - that's what I'm talking about!

--hide--

www.massagetoday.com

Dancing 76%

Crossword puzzles 4 days a week 47%

Reading 35%

Bicycling 0%

Swimming 0%

Playing golf 0%

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Coming in late here, but I think that physical attraction is somewhat important initially, bu...

Coming in late here, but I think that physical attraction is somewhat important initially, but what is attractive to people varies quite widely.

For those of us who have been married before, the physical attractiveness of your spouse isn't actually seen on a day to day basis. It actually turns into seeing/feeling their spirit. The lightness or darkness of their soul eminates, and you feel their spirit in the room. The attraction to be intimately close to them comes from our perception of their spirit. I doesn't matter how handsome or beautiful someone is...it becomes neutral after some time. As evidenced by many people being unfaithful to beautiful people ie. celebrities.

--hide--

You are so right! My first husband was/is a handsome man, but he left us for wife #2 and is recently divorced from his third wife because he decided visiting hookers was a good idea.. (She had NO CLUE until a random voicemail on his phone raised her suspicions) Even handsome can become ugly with enough motivation.

01/25/2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: www.massagetoday.com Dancing 76% ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

www.massagetoday.com

Dancing 76%

Crossword puzzles 4 days a week 47%

Reading 35%

Bicycling 0%

Swimming 0%

Playing golf 0%

--hide--
Interesting...I will go with the dancing! I am not a crossword girl although it is great brainercise. I do love reading too. Two out of three isn't bad.
01/25/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: So, what happens if... You spouse has a serious accident and is permanently disfigured?...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

So, what happens if...

You spouse has a serious accident and is permanently disfigured?

--hide--
You love them anyway....no matter whatheart

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200