Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Alena-887599 said: It's remarkable that you have such a personal connection to this story! I believe tha...
(Quote) Alena-887599 said:

It's remarkable that you have such a personal connection to this story! I believe that those who love us (and are now in heaven) send us messages in ways that we would be able to understand. He is surely looking out for you!

--hide--

That is such a nice thing to write. Every time I see the show, either the play, or the movie, my
thoughts of him are very strong. I got my artistic ability from him. I wish he had been around to
guide me.

Jan 7th 2013 new

Wanted to say that I saw "Zero Dark Thirty" this weekend and thought it was just OK. All
the arab names got confusing. And they opened the movie with too much torture of the
prisoners trying to get them to talk. I would not recommend it to anyone squeemish. And I
don't think it was necessary for the film.

I can see why Washington was not happy with the film.

Jan 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Brian-252799 said: This was my personal favorite version. h...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

[quote]Brian-252799 said:

This was my personal favorite version.
www.imdb.com
Michael Rennie was great as Jean.Robert Newton is a standout as Inspector Javert.

--hide--

Brian, was that picture mostly singing, also?
I know Les Mes had been on TV about 2 weeks ago. My neighbor had
told me. It must have been that version.

No Singing,but its still great.Another good one is 1935s version with Fredric March and Charles Laughton.Charles is great,as always,as relentless Javert.There was also a 1947 version that was Italian made.and a 1957 version that was French German made.My pick is the 1952 version.Robert Newton is always great as the heavy.

Jan 7th 2013 new
Jan 7th 2013 new
I have seen the movie three times this past week and it's amazing. Interesting how packed the theater always was and how emotional everyone was. This work really touches the human heart in its need for love, friendship and its need of God. I first bumped into the book as a preteen and it's marked me forever. So many lessons can come out of this!
Jan 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Gabriela-813301 said: I have seen the movie three times this past week and it's amazing. Interesting how packed the the...
(Quote) Gabriela-813301 said: I have seen the movie three times this past week and it's amazing. Interesting how packed the theater always was and how emotional everyone was. This work really touches the human heart in its need for love, friendship and its need of God. I first bumped into the book as a preteen and it's marked me forever. So many lessons can come out of this!
--hide--

That is such a good review of both the movie and the book. It really does touch the human heart.

Jan 8th 2013 new

I came across the Les Mis book when I was out shopping and spontaneously decided to get it. I've seen as many films as I could; It's about time I read it as well!! Looking forward to it!biggrin

Jan 25th 2013 new

I think it was an excellent film. I really enjoyed it and would see it again. I did not care a bit about whose voice was "good" or how it sounded or not. The acting was tremendous and I was very happy that these actors had the chance to do this project.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Did you see it the other night? What's the verdi...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Did you see it the other night? What's the verdict?

I did see it Thursday night. I found it very hard to get interested in, for about the first 30 or 40 minutes. It opened
up with too much of a crescendo. Anne Hathaway's part also came so early in the story that I could not muster
up much emotion and I was not ready for her terribly emotional part. As I said, I could not get into it in the
beginning. After I was able to concentrate on the story and not notice the details, it was a beautifully written
story about life and survival and hate and love and God.

Every time I saw the play or when I saw this movie, I think about my Grandfather who passed his book on
to us, since it was his favorite novel. It makes me think of the power of the story and how strong one must be
to survive. My Grandfather died when I was 3 months old. I was his first grandchild, and he was so happy when
my Mom and I came home from the hospital to stay in his home.

Somehow, when I read the book or saw the play or the movie, I feel him reaching out to me. And I think he is
telling me that life is not at all easy, but love and kindness is at the root of it all.

I hope you will tell me what you think when you see the movie, Mary. I definitely recommend it.

--hide--

This is beautiful. There are so many life lessons and prayerful commentaries that stretch across the lifespan and into heaven and back to earth in this story. I love hearing your experience with it. I was watching with two friends and one of them did not seem to like it as much( I tend to think he was shut down on purpose due to personal pain). I heard the music many years ago when I took my boyfriend to see the stage production, so I was already familar with the music and a basic outline of the story. This allowed me to be ready for the lyrics that presented the story and the immediate feelings of the cast. I want to see it again. I have had the music in my head for over a week.

Jan 25th 2013 new

I agree with John....I saw it right after Christmas and I thought it was PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I RARELY go to movies! I was frankly astonished that "today's" Hollywood was capable of putting out something that sensational!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 21 - 30 of 33