Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

A Question of Pursuit

Jan 20th 2013 new

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?

Jan 21st 2013 new

Everyone is different, but for myself, when I am interested in someone, I always pursue.

Jan 25th 2013 new

It feels more natural when I am the one that pursue's. I gauge a woman's interest on how fast she responds to a message and if she asks questions and takes interest in my life. I don't want to come off as the stalker type though so I think I tend to drop off on conversations if the woman doesn't show a strong interest. So if the bread crumbs aren't being dropped I normally won't pursue to long...

Jan 25th 2013 new

I don't think you are alone in your thoughts Jamie. I also feel the same as you do. I think men like to pursue and women like to be pursued.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?

--hide--

Hi Jamie! Just an old lady lurker!! Pat posted an article about this in the women's forum. Checkt it out. You are not alone! Chelle

Jan 25th 2013 new

I am in a private group on FB for women who have been on CM.. This week this question was asked of the married women and overwhelmingly the women said their husbands pursued them.. A lot of the women even indicated that the women were less than interested at first.. I know this to be true of my really good friends who have married from here.. A couple of them tried hard to discourage the guys even.. Only to be contentedly married now.. I saw a link concerning this I think would be helpful for both genders. I'll find it..

www.boundless.org

Jan 25th 2013 new

Pursuit should be tempered with moderation though if the guy is coming on too strong that's a bad sign.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

--hide--

Jamie,

I'm not part of this group, but I couldn't resist replying.

I'm not sure people here want to hear this, but I'll say it. It is difficult for a man to pursue in an on-line forum, because we don't have anything more than a picture, a voice, or a text to go on. (It's the same reason that a rejection on-line isn't a real rejection; we have no idea who someone really is until we've met them.)

If a man meets you in person and is interested in you, he will certainly pursue you. You have to have the face-to-face contacts first.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Jamie,I'm not part of this group, but I couldn't resist rep...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Jamie,

I'm not part of this group, but I couldn't resist replying.

I'm not sure people here want to hear this, but I'll say it. It is difficult for a man to pursue in an on-line forum, because we don't have anything more than a picture, a voice, or a text to go on. (It's the same reason that a rejection on-line isn't a real rejection; we have no idea who someone really is until we've met them.)

If a man meets you in person and is interested in you, he will certainly pursue you. You have to have the face-to-face contacts first.

--hide--

Thank you William! That is a great insight! I've been feeling the same way as Jamie. I wondered why this was - I don't have this difficult a time in real life - but I supposed it is hard to know if one is very interested from a profile!

Jan 26th 2013 new

thanks! i kinda needed to hear that ~ scratchchin

Posts 1 - 10 of 73