Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Women In Combat

Jan 24th 2013 new

Its been in the news a lot lately.Your views please.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Its been in the news a lot lately.Your views please.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

--hide--
With the way things are going, it was inevitable. I'm more than a little surprised the Joint Chiefs voted unanimously for it. Dissent is slowly but deliberately being purged from the Pentagon. A career saving move is to lick your finger, stick it into the air and find out which way the wind's blowing.

Jan 25th 2013 new

--hide--

I think what they are not going to say publicly is that they are looking to cut costs in terms of the re-enlistment bonuses and to ease some of the pressure on the troops who are rotated in and out of overseas posts with great frequency.

To have the combat arms fields limited to men is common sense, but when this country is trying to maintain its empire without a draft and has a large number of potential enlistees who don't meet the physical requirements for the job and an even larger number of potential enlistees who have no interest in it, it becomes very difficult to fill these positions. The retention bonuses to encourage re-enlistments are also very costly to the military.

About twenty years ago there was an outcry when the Navy announced its plans to put women on board combatant ships; until then, they were restricted to hospital ships or refueling ships that were either marked as non-combatants or could be moved far from dangers on the shores. An admiral testified at the time that they were literally looking at a real possibility that certain large ships would not be able to put to sea because of a lack of crewmembers; there were simply not enough men joining the Navy. The Navy alleviated that problem by allowing women into those positions. I strongly suspect that this is a similar story.

Jan 25th 2013 new

--hide--

It is a disaster and men and women will die because women won't be able to keep up. There are no real GI Janes unless you inject them with steroids and testosterone. The PT test is scaled down for women because they can't perform physically equal to men. On the battlefield, time means lives. This equality stuff has gone way over the edge of lunacy. Women can contribute in ways that will not put people at risk.

I am hoping we have gone so far to the left that everyone will get a stomach full, but I'm afraid good men and women will have to die before this stupidity will be seen for what it is...beyond ridiculous. Men and women ARE DIFFERENT...not better or worse, just different.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: I think what they are not going to say publicly is that they are looking to cut cos...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

I think what they are not going to say publicly is that they are looking to cut costs in terms of the re-enlistment bonuses and to ease some of the pressure on the troops who are rotated in and out of overseas posts with great frequency.

To have the combat arms fields limited to men is common sense, but when this country is trying to maintain its empire without a draft and has a large number of potential enlistees who don't meet the physical requirements for the job and an even larger number of potential enlistees who have no interest in it, it becomes very difficult to fill these positions. The retention bonuses to encourage re-enlistments are also very costly to the military.

About twenty years ago there was an outcry when the Navy announced its plans to put women on board combatant ships; until then, they were restricted to hospital ships or refueling ships that were either marked as non-combatants or could be moved far from dangers on the shores. An admiral testified at the time that they were literally looking at a real possibility that certain large ships would not be able to put to sea because of a lack of crewmembers; there were simply not enough men joining the Navy. The Navy alleviated that problem by allowing women into those positions. I strongly suspect that this is a similar story.

--hide--

I have heard from women who were on those ships that rape and the pressure not to tell or complain about the rapes were on those ships, too.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I have heard from women who were on those ships that rape and the pressure not to tell or com...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I have heard from women who were on those ships that rape and the pressure not to tell or complain about the rapes were on those ships, too.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

That may be true, but women had already been on Navy ships for decades before this particular decision was reached. This wasn't introducing women to ships for the first ime, only to combatant ships. If rape on ships has been a problem, this move by the Navy had nothing to do with it.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: That may be true, but women had already been on Navy ships for decades before this part...

That may be true, but women had already been on Navy ships for decades before this particular decision was reached. This wasn't introducing women to ships for the first ime, only to combatant ships. If rape on ships has been a problem, this move by the Navy had nothing to do with it.

--hide--

It was only a problem for the women who wanted to get promoted...keep your mouth shut and show how tough you are. I am constantly amazed at this push to make men and women the same. We just aren't and no amount of legislation can make it happen.

]- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: It is a disaster and men and women will die because women won't be able to keep up. There...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

It is a disaster and men and women will die because women won't be able to keep up. There are no real GI Janes unless you inject them with steroids and testosterone. The PT test is scaled down for women because they can't perform physically equal to men. On the battlefield, time means lives. This equality stuff has gone way over the edge of lunacy. Women can contribute in ways that will not put people at risk.

I am hoping we have gone so far to the left that everyone will get a stomach full, but I'm afraid good men and women will have to die before this stupidity will be seen for what it is...beyond ridiculous. Men and women ARE DIFFERENT...not better or worse, just different.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Elizabeth,

Keep in mind that we are watching an empire unravel. Every sociologist in the world will tell you that this is a terribly stupid idea, but I think this is literally the end of the rope. There are only bad ideas left.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Elizabeth,Keep in mind that we are watching an empire unravel. Every sociol...

Elizabeth,

Keep in mind that we are watching an empire unravel. Every sociologist in the world will tell you that this is a terribly stupid idea, but I think this is literally the end of the rope. There are only bad ideas left.

--hide--

I will absolutely agree with you, William. I constantly wake up in the morning and think maybe all this nonsense was a bad dream. It seems every bad idea is the next one Washington is going to try. Common sense isn't allowed in any political discussion or decision process in government. Each time I think there really isn't anything more they can screw up, they find something else to destroy.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

--hide--

Well, the problem is that they will water down the requirements to meet a quota. If there is no quota and they don't water it down, then more power to the one or two women in the whole country that can meet those requirements. rolling eyes

Posts 1 - 10 of 97