Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Who knows, maybe we might be seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunne. At least one court sees something wrong with King Obama's actions. would love to hear about more. I think the courts are our only chance since Congress isn't looking out for us.

- Elizabeth

www.newsmax.com

Jan 25th 2013 new

Another crack in the wall : pjmedia.com

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Who knows, maybe we might be seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunne. At least one cour...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Who knows, maybe we might be seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunne. At least one court sees something wrong with King Obama's actions. would love to hear about more. I think the courts are our only chance since Congress isn't looking out for us.

- Elizabeth

www.newsmax.com

--hide--
I wonder if we will see many more rulings like this.The Courts are full of leftist Judges.We can only hope!

Jan 26th 2013 new

I think that this is great news.

My understanding is that this court ruling may well mean that all of the (hundreds of) decisions made by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)(since these Obama appointments) will likely be invalid. If you recall, this board was very antagonistic and somewhat threatening toward Boeing Corporation as the company was trying to locate a manufacturing facility in the "right to work" state (perhaps Vermont, or somewhere on the east coast). In my opinion, the NLRB was inappropriately interfering in the rightful business decisions of a for-profit company... trying to force Boeing to manufacture their products (at higher expense) in a state which requires employees to be union members in order to be employees of the company.

This was copied from Elizabeth's article... which seems to confirm that the NLRB decisions could be invalidated:

"The Obama administration is expected to appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court, but if it stands, it means hundreds of decisions issued by the board over more than a year are invalid. It also would leave the five-member labor board with just one validly appointed member, effectively shutting it down. The board is allowed to issue decisions only when it has at least three sitting members."

Ed

P.S. - Elizabeth - I really like your new photo.

Jan 26th 2013 new

I took a break from this website mainly because the elections were coming up and I needed to be focused on them and doing everything I could to prevent Obama from being re-elected. After getting over the disappointment, I realized that we can stand on the highest mountain and scream at the top of our lungs and it would still do no good. People's greed and want for instant gratification is stronger than common sense. I have accepted that because of peoples desire for free everything we are going to have to suffer through hard times. Seeing this ruling and seeing the "Obama Phone" lady call him a liar gives me hope. I pray every day that the citizens of our country would wake up and turn back to the principles we were founded on.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I wonder if we will see many more rulings like this.The Courts are full of leftist Judges.We can ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I wonder if we will see many more rulings like this.The Courts are full of leftist Judges.We can only hope!

--hide--

Becoming a judge seems to do strange things to judge's psyche. Historically, it seems that sometimes the bench seems to attack their sense of logic and reason. However, I have been more concerned by this administrations appointments because they seem to be attached to some quid pro quo, which seems to be the way of things in Chicago.

Since the tea party didn't get the attention of Congressional Republicans, it seems to me that we must find some way to make them believe if they don't stand up to the president and keep him in check, they won't be in office next go round. That may be pie in the sky, but if something doesn't happen Obama will be like a run away train and there won't be much left in four years.

At least here, the Republicans stood up to him. Obama would have gotten away with these appointments if the Republicans had really been in recess. Instead, they showed back up off and on just enough that he couldn't legally make the appointments. Now if someone could do anything about these executive orders.

- Elizabeth

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I think that this is great news. My understanding is that this court ruling may well mean ...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I think that this is great news.

My understanding is that this court ruling may well mean that all of the (hundreds of) decisions made by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)(since these Obama appointments) will likely be invalid. If you recall, this board was very antagonistic and somewhat threatening toward Boeing Corporation as the company was trying to locate a manufacturing facility in the "right to work" state (perhaps Vermont, or somewhere on the east coast). In my opinion, the NLRB was inappropriately interfering in the rightful business decisions of a for-profit company... trying to force Boeing to manufacture their products (at higher expense) in a state which requires employees to be union members in order to be employees of the company.

This was copied from Elizabeth's article... which seems to confirm that the NLRB decisions could be invalidated:

"The Obama administration is expected to appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court, but if it stands, it means hundreds of decisions issued by the board over more than a year are invalid. It also would leave the five-member labor board with just one validly appointed member, effectively shutting it down. The board is allowed to issue decisions only when it has at least three sitting members."

Ed

P.S. - Elizabeth - I really like your new photo.

--hide--

I think you are right about the ruling, Ed. I sure hope there are more like this. So glad to see you back. Hope all is well. Thanks for the compliment.

- Elizabeth

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Geri-535921 said: I took a break from this website mainly because the elections were coming up and I needed to be fo...
(Quote) Geri-535921 said:

I took a break from this website mainly because the elections were coming up and I needed to be focused on them and doing everything I could to prevent Obama from being re-elected. After getting over the disappointment, I realized that we can stand on the highest mountain and scream at the top of our lungs and it would still do no good. People's greed and want for instant gratification is stronger than common sense. I have accepted that because of peoples desire for free everything we are going to have to suffer through hard times. Seeing this ruling and seeing the "Obama Phone" lady call him a liar gives me hope. I pray every day that the citizens of our country would wake up and turn back to the principles we were founded on.

--hide--

I haven't seen the Obama Phone lady call him a liar. Can you post where we can see that? I'm joining you in prayer, Geri. I just can't believe there are that many people out there that think government has the right and responsibility to dominate the electorate. I must confess that I am still dumbstruck by the election results. It seems like a bad nightmare that really should go away if I ever wake up.

- Elizabeth

Jan 26th 2013 new

Don't know if I am doing this right but if so here is the video. This happend I believe last week.

www.bing.com

Posts 1 - 9 of 9