Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) James-937298 said: I think it depends on the individual and each situation is different. I concur with the one obser...
(Quote) James-937298 said:

I think it depends on the individual and each situation is different. I concur with the one observation about distance involved. I'm not seriously going to respond to someone living on the West Coast, USA overseas, etc. when I'm situated in Warwick, RI. It's been my experience that if you come onto strong with a potential lady, it is a turn-off, so the Lady should initate. Please take it from, an old fashioned Gentleman, if a guy is interested he'll call, e-mail, etc. if not move on Ladies !, he's probably playing some kind of game ?

From my point, of view as a Gentleman I don't understand why should it only be a guy that pursues, why not have a woman pursue provided the guy is interested in her ? Don't we live in the 21st century ? Also I would like to know why women feel that they feel that should change a guy ? Is it genetics or something else ?

--hide--

My observation from reading all the ideas posted by you younger guys is that you all fail to grasp the one fundamental and important fact; A womean will allow you to persue them until THEY catch you.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: I was "asked/made/forced" to watch it once by a girl I was getting to know......
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

I was "asked/made/forced" to watch it once by a girl I was getting to know...not something I readily admit in mixed company...but what can I say...I liked it....who doesn't like a good love story...isn't that why we're here?...

Besides...I think Darcy and I have some things in common(his personality not his wealth)...

--hide--

I love it Jim. I am a consummate Jane Austen fan and what woman does not like Mr. Darcy. This should have a large number of CM ladies swooning by sundown. Don't ever be afraid to show your softer side. While we women want a strong man who can lead, we want him to have a heart of romance. In essence a Mr. Darcy. Bravo. clap clap clap

Jan 27th 2013 new

I agree Jamie!

I've been on and off CM for a couple of years and my experience has been that after an emotiogram or two there haven't been may woo-ers boggled I have to be honest and say that there are only about 10 men on this site from my area and I'm thinking tha most of them aren't subscribers so that's probably one of the factors. It provides a unique challenge for a lady who's interested in meeting her Catholic Prince Charming! lol!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: ...what woman does not like Mr. Darcy.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

what woman does not like Mr. Darcy.

--hide--

Hi Shara,

I agree with you re Mr. Darcy. I just love Pride and Prejudice. I think I've seen every one the movies depicting the story and he would certainly make a most remarkable husband!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: I won't presume to speak for all men, nor even just those on CM......I was told by a gal I met o...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

I won't presume to speak for all men, nor even just those on CM......I was told by a gal I met on here a few years back, once she got to know me a bit, that she thought I've probably missed some opportunities in my life with other women. It seemed her level of interest was more than I could tell. It's exciting to me when the girl who catches my eye seems just as much interested as I am. My confidence seems to grow when I am able to percieve their interest. Perhaps they often are and I just can't tell. It would seem that personally, I need to be "hit over the head". Perhaps all too often I've misread women as not being really interested when they simply were looking for me to make a move....I don't know.

It could be I have too much pride...It would seem some men have pursued women who have shown no interest at all...only finally to win them over. Perhaps I don't have that in me....I remember a TV commercial some time ago, I can't remember what they were selling...but an older married couple were sitting together and the wife tells us that she turned down the husbands marriage proposal twice...but he was persistent and she accepted his third. I can't imagine asking a woman 3 times...I think she would have lost me after the first refusal....

Of course you always hear that the man should pursue...I need to feel wanted too I guess. I'd like to think that a woman would "pursue" me in her own way with rather obvious signs so that I may continue to "pursue" her. As though we're both "feeding" of each others actions/signals.

A guy once posted on here that he viewed it as a chess match...he makes a move...and the woman responds with a move....if she doesn't....he assumes she's not playing....

From Pride & Prejudice (movie version with Keira Knightley)....

Elizabeth:"I think he(Mr Bingley) likes her(Elizabeth's sister Jane) very much.

Charlotte:"But does she like him?....There are few of us who are secure enough to be really in love without proper encouragement....Bingley likes her...enormously....but might not do more if she does not....help him on."

Elizabeth:"But she's just shy and modest...if he can not percieve her regard he is a fool..."

Charlotte"We are all fools in love..........He does not know her character as we do....she should move fast...snap him up.........."

--hide--

Quoting Pride & Prejudice...AWESOME! lovestruck!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: Besides...I think Darcy and I have some things in common(his personality not his wealth...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

Besides...I think Darcy and I have some things in common(his personality not his wealth)...

--hide--

In what way? Perhaps in being misunderstood? LOVE Jane Austen - so ironic. Which was really prideful? Or prejudiced? BOTH of them were it seems.

Jan 27th 2013 new

Well I guess for me its hard to gauge a womans interest on this site, you know I always want to be respectful and not needlesly pursue a lady not interested, and bother her.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: In what way? Perhaps in being misunderstood? LOVE Jane Austen - so ironic. Which w...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

In what way? Perhaps in being misunderstood? LOVE Jane Austen - so ironic. Which was really prideful? Or prejudiced? BOTH of them were it seems.

--hide--

"I do not have the talent of conversing easily with people I have never met before...."

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: "I do not have the talent of conversing easily with people I have never met before...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

"I do not have the talent of conversing easily with people I have never met before...."

--hide--

scratchchin Ok Jim. I am beginning to think that you are a closet Jane Austen fan. No one could quote a movie that much after seeing it once. You need to come clean. It is okay. Like I told you before, the ladies will love you for it. Honesty is always the best policy. We can let you on the Jane Austen team. biggrin

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: (Quote) Jim-50634 said: "I do not have the talent of con...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Quote:
Jim-50634 said:

Ok Jim. I am beginning to think that you are a closet Jane Austen fan. No one could quote a movie that much after seeing it once. You need to come clean. It is okay. Like I told you before, the ladies will love you for it. Honesty is always the best policy. We can let you on the Jane Austen team.

--hide--

Who says I was quoting anybody??? wink

Posts 31 - 40 of 73