Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Fed Debt Crisis video

Jan 15th 2013 new
"PowerLineBlog” recently held a competition for $100,000 for whomever could most effectively and creatively dramatize the significance of the federal debt crisis. Several entries have gotten a lot of attention, but the one that has gone most viral so far is ‘The Doorbell.’ If you haven't yet seen it, you may watch it here. It’s 59 seconds long: www.ntrc.info

I think this is tells the tale in the least amount of words with the most accuracy. Would love to hear your thoughts.

- Elizabeth
Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: "PowerLineBlog” recently held a competition for $100,000 for whomever could...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: "PowerLineBlog” recently held a competition for $100,000 for whomever could most effectively and creatively dramatize the significance of the federal debt crisis. Several entries have gotten a lot of attention, but the one that has gone most viral so far is ‘The Doorbell.’ If you haven't yet seen it, you may watch it here. It’s 59 seconds long: www.ntrc.info

I think this is tells the tale in the least amount of words with the most accuracy. Would love to hear your thoughts.

- Elizabeth
--hide--

Elizabeth:

I thought the video was OK. It was clever but lacked punch. One problem I had was that the dollars requested were way
too low.

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: "PowerLineBlog” recently held a competition for $100,000 for whomever could...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: "PowerLineBlog” recently held a competition for $100,000 for whomever could most effectively and creatively dramatize the significance of the federal debt crisis. Several entries have gotten a lot of attention, but the one that has gone most viral so far is ‘The Doorbell.’ If you haven't yet seen it, you may watch it here. It’s 59 seconds long: www.ntrc.info

- Elizabeth
--hide--

I heard someone relating America's National Debt to that of the 17 countries using the Euro. And we know those countries
are having trouble.

It turns out our National Debt is bigger than theirs. And Americans pay little to no attention to the severity of the problem.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I heard someone relating America's National Debt to that of the 17 countries using...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I heard someone relating America's National Debt to that of the 17 countries using the Euro. And we know those countries
are having trouble.

It turns out our National Debt is bigger than theirs. And Americans pay little to no attention to the severity of the problem.

--hide--
Just think of this all or most of the western countries have given aid to or helped build up countries that were in very bad shape and also spent the money protecting or defending there freedoms with our military. We have received nothing back from any or most of them. Only there low cost labour that has made our labour jobs disappear and just like the argument that Margaret Thacher once made. When others live off of other peoples money, sooner or later you run out of other peoples money.

Sounds like one of the reasons the west is in trouble. I know many will say we don't spend that much a year, but how about if you add up all the years we have been doing this ??? Would it be more then our 17 trillion or even maybe 30 something trillion in all of the west. We always attack our entitlements for blame. How about the rest of the worlds and the entitlements we have given them over the years??? I think every country that does trade with the US makes out better in the trade deficits between us. I don't think we do better in trade with anyone, including Europe. Just a thought ???

Jan 28th 2013 new

- Elizabeth
--hide--
Hi Elizabeth, great link. Not quite as effective as the photos of Elian or other Reno productions, but a good first step. To change the political environment it is necessary to re-orient the agenda and assumptions. " For the children " is not a prog trademarked trigger. The question raised in the link can't be easily evaded in talking points.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Elizabeth, great link. Not quite as effective as the photos of Elian or other Reno production...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Elizabeth, great link. Not quite as effective as the photos of Elian or other Reno productions, but a good first step. To change the political environment it is necessary to re-orient the agenda and assumptions. " For the children " is not a prog trademarked trigger. The question raised in the link can't be easily evaded in talking points.

--hide--

You are so right, Bernie. How can we evade the issue of leaving our children our debt instead of our wealth. Who would have ever thought this could happen. The video so clearly shows the burden we are leaving our children and grandchildren. This debt inheritance is shameful.

- Elizabeth

Posts 1 - 6 of 6