Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship would be up to. I might try to get together with some friends, either on the actual day or maybe on the weekend. Or maybe I'll treat myself to something nice.

On Valentine's day(as well as other times) how do people cope with being lonely? I'm sure this topic was (and is) being covered in other forums, so I do apologize if I am repeating this. I'm feeling very discouraged, having grown tired of ignored emotigrams, email conversations that stop out of the blue(ok, said other person may have met someone else, but when will it be my turn?) When I am in a better frame of mind about this, I think that there are as many ways to meet people as there are people.

But does it seem like everyone around you is pairing up right and left?

If there is something I can do to my profile and or pictures, I will. But as far as my looks, sorry, it's what God gave me, and God doesn't make junk.

As far as pics, I'm more than a little challenged with getting new pics taken and on computer. I have a CD coming from a trip I took in Las Vegas, but I don't know when I will get them because the friend putting the CD together is very busy. Once I have the CD, I do know what to do with it.

I've heard folks that met on here say they never got discouraged. Um, really? NEVER? Come on, not once? People who met on here also have given advice on searching for their mate. Wonderful pointers. But the thing is, some people have been doing these very things for years and still have not found their special person.

I want to get to a point where I either find the right person or be ok with being alone. Will continue to put myself out there, and if I end up alone, I at least know I tried . Thanks for the chance to vent. hissyfit

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship woul...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship would be up to. I might try to get together with some friends, either on the actual day or maybe on the weekend. Or maybe I'll treat myself to something nice.

On Valentine's day(as well as other times) how do people cope with being lonely? I'm sure this topic was (and is) being covered in other forums, so I do apologize if I am repeating this. I'm feeling very discouraged, having grown tired of ignored emotigrams, email conversations that stop out of the blue(ok, said other person may have met someone else, but when will it be my turn?) When I am in a better frame of mind about this, I think that there are as many ways to meet people as there are people.

If there is something I can do to my profile and or pictures, I will. But as far as my looks, sorry, it's what God gave me, and God doesn't make junk.

As far as pics, I'm more than a little challenged with getting new pics taken and on computer. I have a CD coming from a trip I took in Las Vegas, but I don't know when I will get them because the friend putting the CD together is very busy. Once I have the CD, I do know what to do with it.

I've heard folks that met on here say they never got discouraged. Um, really? NEVER? Come on, not once? People who met on here also have given advice on searching for their mate. Wonderful pointers. But the thing is, some people have been doing these very things for years and still have not found their special person.

I want to get to a point where I either find the right person or be ok with being alone. Will continue to put myself out there, and if I end up alone, I at least know I tried . Thanks for the chance to vent.

--hide--

The Indy group Chili Cook-Off was conceived for an early February event for precisely the reason to give us singles something to do.. Iowa is plenty close enough to attend.

Jan 28th 2013 new

I try to focus on what I have,and not what I don't have.Having said that,I would like to have a love interest.However,I would rather be patient and wait for the right Match.I am happy already.I am just looking for a woman to share it with (happiness).

Never give up. smile theheart

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: The Indy group Chili Cook-Off was conceived for an early February event ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

The Indy group Chili Cook-Off was conceived for an early February event ...

--hide--

- evidently having been conceived in May. smile

Jan 28th 2013 new

I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's day. It is just another day in the big scheme of things.

Try dealing with the loneliness and sadness of losing a spouse through death. Now that's what I call being truly alone.

Cheer up.....

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's d...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's day. It is just another day in the big scheme of things.

Try dealing with the loneliness and sadness of losing a spouse through death. Now that's what I call being truly alone.

Cheer up.....

--hide--

Very true, Linda. I suppose it is lucky, but my sister is my best friend so we will be watching a movie and playing scrabble...or have a little party. Since it means so much to other people, alot of times I'll pick up that evening shift at work so that those who have a spouse/"significant other" (odious term) will have the night off.

Jan 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's day. It is just...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Cheer up.....

--hide--
I agree that it really is just another day. I've always been "anti-Valentine's day" quite honestly. Why must we have a specific day to show our loved ones how much we care? When I'm in a relationship, I'd much rather be surprised out of the blue with something as simple as a note on a random day out of the year, than a box of chocolates on Valentine's day *just* because society says you're supposed to do something on that specific day. Victoria - I can relate to feeling lonely, discouraged, and frustrated at times. Perhaps to help fight with the loneliness you could see if any of your local Catholic Churches have an Adult Ministry group that you could join. I recently found one, and they have different get togethers and events. I find that it helps to visit with others, especially of the same faith, and it gets me out. I haven't been to one yet, but I've heard great things about Theology on Tap, too. Use this time to do things you love! Start a new hobby that you've always wanted to try, take a class or workshop at a local college, volunteer -- who knows, maybe you'll meet someone that way!;)
Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship woul...

With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship would be up to.

--hide--

Since Valentine's Day falls during Lent this year, I'll be engaging in some good old-fashioned mortification and self-denial. Yay!

If Valentine's Day really gets you down, remember that St Valentine is no longer on the General Roman Calendar, so if you're in a partying mood celebrate SS Cyril and Methodius instead!

Jan 28th 2013 new

I've been a widow for 4 years, so Valentine's Day is difficult for me. I usually try to concentrate on my kids and my Father. I'll make dinner and maybe a special dessert. I think the best thing to do is to do something special for someone else....make a visit to a local nursing home, take cookies to a neighbor who is alone or spend some time in adoration with Jesus.

Jan 28th 2013 new

I want to get to a point where I either find the right person or be ok with being alone. Will continue to put myself out there, and if I end up alone, I at least know I tried . Thanks for the chance to vent.

--hide--

I'm sorry this is such a fusterating process for you Victoria. Although I know the feel of 'when's it my turn?' No one can relate to your particular situation. No two people's pain is the same. You have every right to be upset and even mad at times. Your feelings are valid, even when others don't share them. Use whatever healthy means you have to, including prayer, to help yourself get through this. And please don't appologize for venting by telling others your feelings. It's a perfectly healthy aveanue for dealing with any stressful situation. Infact almost a necessity for us as women.

Posts 1 - 10 of 88