Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/28/2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I had another thought about this too....a definitely female thought...I think I'd ra...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I had another thought about this too....a definitely female thought...

I think I'd rather someone chose me because it's me not because I happen to live a block or two away and am convenient....just sayin!

--hide--

That exactly was my point... Thanks for saying it so 'female', true and short :)

01/28/2013 new

(Quote) Maggie-918313 said: I know I say this about everything, but it's so true... It's about God's ...
(Quote) Maggie-918313 said:

I know I say this about everything, but it's so true...

It's about God's Will, folks! If God's fulfillment of your vocation to marriage lives far away from you, He has a neat way of facilitating the logistics.

Be open to God's Will, and let Him take the lead! He will bring it about, no matter your financial situation, job location, kids' schools, or even your personal preference.

Abandon yourself to God, knowing that He will take care of you!

--hide--

Yes Maggie, this is the BEST thought ever on LDRs.

01/28/2013 new
I'm a big fan of LDR's. Given 2 sincere people who have a lot in common, and found themselves apart from each other? It's the narrowing of such distance that's been keeping them apart, that's worth the challnge. Once both parties become a couple, I guess it's safe to say that-- friends are woth all hazards we've been through.
01/28/2013 new

There are plenty of LDR's that have worked out and ended in marriage, my first wedding from this site (it was called St. Raphael.net back in the day!) he was from Cali she from MD, they met a few times, he decided he wanted to court her, relocated from Cali, were married several months later and are still happily married and have 4 children! We've been friends since practically the birth of the site!

02/01/2013 new
(Quote) Mary-472688 said: I will cross the Pacific Ocean , climb Mt. Everest if need be.Honestly, one cannot put monetar...
(Quote) Mary-472688 said:

I will cross the Pacific Ocean , climb Mt. Everest if need be.

Honestly, one cannot put monetary value on love.

--hide--
^^ This. When I see someone else's profile saying they're open to a long distance relationship I believe they're ready to do whatever it takes to make the relationship work. Which often implies spending money on travel, being aware of the time difference in some case, the cultural difference, not being able to see one another in real life everyday, having to move, change country... It all depends on what people are willing to do to make it work. I love to travel and I'm quite patient so I don't mind at all.
02/01/2013 new

If done right the long distance aspect of a relationship is only temporary in the grand scheme of things when you consider a lifetime together. Whats a year of two of logistical planning compared to decades of partnership. That being said it does require two willing people with intentionality.

02/01/2013 new

If I want a good Catholic fella, LD really is probably the only way I'm going to find one. The ones in my home country just aren't appropriate, and the membership for this site is slim.

LDR can work, if both parties are committed to it working.

We're the Catholics, remember, we're supposed to be the ones with an irrational beleif in the magical sky fairy/flying spaghetti monster. If we don't think God can close the gap and enable two people on opposites of the globe to have a solid relationship leading to marriage, then what are we even doing?

If we can beleive that little piece of bread over the altar every Mass is Jesus Christ personified, then surely we can accept LDR can work.

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If I want a good Catholic fella, LD really is probably the only way I'm going to find one. Th...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

If I want a good Catholic fella, LD really is probably the only way I'm going to find one. The ones in my home country just aren't appropriate, and the membership for this site is slim.

LDR can work, if both parties are committed to it working.

We're the Catholics, remember, we're supposed to be the ones with an irrational beleif in the magical sky fairy/flying spaghetti monster. If we don't think God can close the gap and enable two people on opposites of the globe to have a solid relationship leading to marriage, then what are we even doing?

If we can beleive that little piece of bread over the altar every Mass is Jesus Christ personified, then surely we can accept LDR can work.

--hide--

thumbsup

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: If done right the long distance aspect of a relationship is only temporary in the grand scheme o...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

If done right the long distance aspect of a relationship is only temporary in the grand scheme of things when you consider a lifetime together. Whats a year of two of logistical planning compared to decades of partnership. That being said it does require two willing people with intentionality.

--hide--

What a great way to look at it! Thanks Joseph!

02/02/2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: If done right the long distance aspect of a relationship is only temporary in the grand scheme o...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

--hide--

Totally right. I often like to think of our different perspective on relationships as Catholics. I think this is part of it: We know that courtship or LDR's always serve the purpose of selecting a spouse for marriage, and we also know that the Sacrament of marriage is intended to be 'until death do us part'...

Posts 81 - 90 of 92