Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So I came on this site with really no expectations, but I'm trying to use it for the right reasons and be proactive...I just get no responses to anything? I'm just wondering how other people go about communication on this site because I think I might be doing something wrong. haha I'm not trying to say I should be the most desired person here because I don't believe that on any account, I just try to be friendly and 10 times out of 10 get no response. Is there some online-meeting etiquette or online-profile etiquette I'm unaware of? I hope people don't take this post the wrong way or as a call to attention, I'm honestly just trying to understand better. I paid for this site and I wanna be able to use it for all its potential. Thanks for any help :)

Jan 29th 2013 new

Hi Stacey,

Your profile looks great! The most important thing is to make sure that you contunuously view other profiles and contact anyone who interests you. Not everyone is going to choose to respond, but the more people you reach out to, the greater your chances of finding success.

Always include a personalized message in any emotigram that you send. The generic emotigrams without personalized text generally do not receive many responses.

Always make sure that the messages that you send are unique to the person you are contacting. For example, try mentioning why you chose to contact that specific person as opposed to the other tens of thousands of members on the site. If you noticed anything in the profile that you have in common, mention these qualities. Not only does this break the ice, but it also shows that you took the time to read through his profile.

Last, make sure to ask a question in the message that you send. This shows that you are genuinely interested in learning more and provides an easy place to start when they begin composing their response to you.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Hi Stacey, Your profile looks great! The most important thing is to make sure that you co...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

Hi Stacey,

Your profile looks great! The most important thing is to make sure that you contunuously view other profiles and contact anyone who interests you. Not everyone is going to choose to respond, but the more people you reach out to, the greater your chances of finding success.

Always include a personalized message in any emotigram that you send. The generic emotigrams without personalized text generally do not receive many responses.

Always make sure that the messages that you send are unique to the person you are contacting. For example, try mentioning why you chose to contact that specific person as opposed to the other tens of thousands of members on the site. If you noticed anything in the profile that you have in common, mention these qualities. Not only does this break the ice, but it also shows that you took the time to read through his profile.

Last, make sure to ask a question in the message that you send. This shows that you are genuinely interested in learning more and provides an easy place to start when they begin composing their response to you.

--hide--

Best wishes Stacey! I've actually found the opposite of this advice to be true in my experience. I've never received a single response to a personalized message that I've written, but I've got a lot of responses from sending a simple smile! Go figure.

I would make sure that every aspect of your profile portrays you as the best and truest version of yourself. If you're looking for a good, God-fearing man (and I assume you are!) then let potential matches know that you are a good, God-fearing women. I think it's important to come across (and to be) mature, modest and faithful.

It sounds like you love to read! Me too. Have you read anything by Scott Hahn? He is one of my favorite modern Catholic writers.

Jan 29th 2013 new

While I don't have stats on this although it is something I am going to see if I can look up. It does "seem" that women respond more to a personalized message from guys and but that guys are cool with either or with a more casual first "message" like a wink or smile. It is interesting and I will look more into this.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Thanks for all the feedback!! It really helps getting any advice at all :)

Jan 29th 2013 new

Not a thing is wrong with you or your profile, Stacey! It looks great. biggrin

I'm having a similar problem, so, right there with ya. Guess the thing to do is just keep doing what you're doing, and most importantly continue to be the special person you are. You get a Gold Star!

Jan 29th 2013 new

That was reallllly helpful information!! thanks so much for taking the time to write all that, it is very much appreciated :)

Jan 29th 2013 new

Christine, I actually haven't read anything by him. I'm big fans of Beth Moore and Francis Chan - I saw them speak at the Passion conferences and it was a life-changing experience, my faith grew so much because of it. But I will look up the author you mentioned, sounds great!

Jan 29th 2013 new

Nothing wrong at all!

I often tell people that they have to approach a website like CM with a certain attitude. I don't use it for general socializing, but to meet interesting women, get to know them, and look for opportunities to meet one in person.

Don't take offense if you send a message or emotigram to someone and you don't get a response. Some of us are only on here once a week at most, and if you send a message to someone who does not have an active CM account they won't be able to answer you even if their profile information is still posted here.

Jan 31st 2013 new

Thanks Tom! :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 26