Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 28th 2013 new
For me is just a day for friendship hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss I LUV U I give hersheyskiss hersheyskiss to my friends in work. For me is just another day.
Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Sue-935039 said: I've been a widow for 4 years, so Valentine's Day is difficult for me. I usually try to con...
(Quote) Sue-935039 said:

I've been a widow for 4 years, so Valentine's Day is difficult for me. I usually try to concentrate on my kids and my Father. I'll make dinner and maybe a special dessert. I think the best thing to do is to do something special for someone else....make a visit to a local nursing home, take cookies to a neighbor who is alone or spend some time in adoration with Jesus.

--hide--

Thanks Sue....those are some good ideas.

Jan 28th 2013 new

I hit the gym and workout like there's no tomorrow mischievous

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I try to focus on what I have,and not what I don't have.Having said that,I w...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I try to focus on what I have,and not what I don't have.Having said that,I would like to have a love interest.However,I would rather be patient and wait for the right Match.I am happy already.I am just looking for a woman to share it with (happiness).

Never give up.

--hide--

Thank you, Bernard.... fluffy

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: Since Valentine's Day falls during Lent this year, I'll be engaging in some go...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

Since Valentine's Day falls during Lent this year, I'll be engaging in some good old-fashioned mortification and self-denial. Yay!

If Valentine's Day really gets you down, remember that St Valentine is no longer on the General Roman Calendar, so if you're in a partying mood celebrate SS Cyril and Methodius instead!

--hide--

Hi,Margaret...thanks. :) Speaking of calendars, I did look at my calendar and I realized I am supposed to go to Phoenix for a family vacation around Feb 14. So I'll be busy traveling on or around that day. :). Something to look forward to . goldfish

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: I'm sorry this is such a fusterating process for you Victoria. Although I know th...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

I'm sorry this is such a fusterating process for you Victoria. Although I know the feel of 'when's it my turn?' No one can relate to your particular situation. No two people's pain is the same. You have every right to be upset and even mad at times. Your feelings are valid, even when others don't share them. Use whatever healthy means you have to, including prayer, to help yourself get through this. And please don't appologize for venting by telling others your feelings. It's a perfectly healthy aveanue for dealing with any stressful situation. Infact almost a necessity for us as women.

--hide--

THANK YOU, Michelle. Thanks very much!! cookie fluffy goldfishAmen to that.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Loneliness is probably the most difficult emotion to deal with for me. Usually, I can overcome it with a phone call to a friend, a good movie, or CM lurking. A couple of years ago, I started buying myself a gift on the days my now deceased husband would have bought me a gift. So, that is something to look forward to. At first, I had to make myself do it because "by George" this is good for me. The last few times, it has been fun to go shopping just for that perfect gift for me. As crazy as it sounds, it's been a real plus in my life. I used to get gifts for all kinds of occasions including some just made up...many times just German dark chocolate candy sitting out on the counter. They were a wonderful surprise and just another way to let me know I was loved. So, I have begun to take present buying for myself pretty seriously now...letting myself know I am loved. God intends me to have joy in this life. Being, a work in progress, I'm working on ways to be reminded I am loved and that helps with the loneliness. Although, there is no replacement for loving and being loved by another, this silly trick I play on myself helps a bit.

I always buy cards for my family and a few friends for St. Valentine's day, but hadn't thought of adding St. Valentines Day to my list of days to buy myself a gift until I read this post. I'm thinking of buying a pot of daffadils. That will be bright and cheery, and a bit of very dark chocolate should do the trick.

We used to have a horse that was always getting out of the fence to go visiting other horses down the road. He was lonely, too. I found that just having a goat with a horse settled them down. Humans are herding animals, too. It is just against our nature to be alone. Probably why God didn't leave Adam all by himself.

Although I have a list of things to do when I get lonely (which is more often than I like to admit), I have not come up with anything to help when I am sick and lonely. I think when I am sick is the worse kind of lonely...the pity party is a bit overwhelming. I had it last night. I had a reaction to an antibiotic for a sinus infection and wished for someone, anyone, to just hold my head and hug me and make me feel like I wasn't alone. If anyone can give me some suggestions for helping with the loneliness when you are sick, please post. This one has stumped me. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I can get pretty pitiful.

- Elizabeth

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's d...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's day. It is just another day in the big scheme of things.

Try dealing with the loneliness and sadness of losing a spouse through death. Now that's what I call being truly alone.

Cheer up.....

--hide--
Linda...I know about the loneliness of widowhood myself...There he was one day and gone the next....but I deal, it is God's plan somehow....keep your chin up! Jane Praying waveflower

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: I guess I don't understand why people get so...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

I guess I don't understand why people get so worked up about being alone on Valentine's day. It is just another day in the big scheme of things.

Try dealing with the loneliness and sadness of losing a spouse through death. Now that's what I call being truly alone.

Cheer up.....

Linda...I know about the loneliness of widowhood myself...There he was one day and gone the next....but I deal, it is God's plan somehow....keep your chin up! Jane

--hide--
Hi Jane, first of all let me say how sorry I am for your loss. hug

And now let me say that the point of my post to Victoria was to put things in perspective. Valentine's day is such a small thing/day to deal with when we look at the big picture of life. I apologize if it sounded as if I was complaining or sad. I assure you, this was the farthest thing from my mind. I do keep my "chins" up. I'm a VERY happy upbeat person. wink laughing laughing

Jan 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Jane, first of all let me say how sorry I am for your loss. And now let me ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Jane, first of all let me say how sorry I am for your loss.

And now let me say that the point of my post to Victoria was to put things in perspective. Valentine's day is such a small thing/day to deal with when we look at the big picture of life. I apologize if it sounded as if I was complaining or sad. I assure you, this was the farthest thing from my mind. I do keep my "chins" up. I'm a VERY happy upbeat person.

--hide--

Linda I have to say how much I admire you!!! Your posts are always so lively and fun!
Posts 11 - 20 of 88