Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Government If ‘Assault Weapons’ Are Bad…Why Does DHS Want to Buy 7,000 of Them for ‘Personal Defense’?

www.theblaze.com

Government Officials Can Still Own Assault Weapons Under Feinstein Bill

www.ibtimes.com

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet: Obama’s gun control policy is Marxist

“[Obama] has just passed a bill that extends to him and his family protection, around the clock and for life, by the Secret Service. He, evidently, feels that he is best qualified to determine his needs, and, of course, he is. As I am best qualified to determine mine. For it is, again, only the Marxists who assert that the government, which is to say the busy, corrupted, and hypocritical fools most elected officials are (have you ever had lunch with one?) should regulate gun ownership based on its assessment of needs.”

“President Obama seems to understand the Constitution as a ‘set of suggestions.’ I cannot endorse his performance in office, but he wins my respect for taking those steps he deems necessary to ensure the safety of his family. Why would he want to prohibit me from doing the same?”

Read more: dailycaller.com
Jan 28th 2013 new

They needed something to shoot all those bullets they bought a few months ago.

Jan 28th 2013 new

Maybe because he realizes that there are increased threats to him and his family due to his position as compared to yours, and that encouraging the general public to have assault weapons for "personal defense" just increases the risk to him and his family, and to you and yours.

Jan 28th 2013 new

Obama continues to relate the issue back to hunting, saying that he does not want to infringe upon the rights of hunters. He did it again this past Sunday when he mentioned that "at Camp David, we do skeet shooting (shooting at clay targets) all the time".

See the article at:
>> www.washingtonpost.com

I would think that Obama should understand that the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. He did teach (U.S.) constitutional law after all. The second amendment has everything to do with the right to bear arms for the "security of a free state". It has nothing to do with hunting. Obama has become a master at pointing his finger at everything except the exact issue at hand. He does like to confuse the situation.

With a bit of luck, maybe Diane Feinstein will retire (from the Senate) before her bill can gain any steam in Congress.... She is 79, after all.

Ed

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Obama continues to relate the issue back to hunting, saying that he does not want to infringe upon th...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Obama continues to relate the issue back to hunting, saying that he does not want to infringe upon the rights of hunters. He did it again this past Sunday when he mentioned that "at Camp David, we do skeet shooting (shooting at clay targets) all the time".

See the article at:
>> www.washingtonpost.com

I would think that Obama should understand that the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. He did teach (U.S.) constitutional law after all. The second amendment has everything to do with the right to bear arms for the "security of a free state". It has nothing to do with hunting. Obama has become a master at pointing his finger at everything except the exact issue at hand. He does like to confuse the situation.

With a bit of luck, maybe Diane Feinstein will retire (from the Senate) before her bill can gain any steam in Congress.... She is 79, after all.

Ed

--hide--
Hi Ed, just me, I suspect Dems will Douglas her along into another term to keep another Progressive vote/seat. Interesting to speculate who could be the Cory Booker type to primary her....

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: They needed something to shoot all those bullets they bought a few months ago.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--

You mean those four rounds for every man, woman, and child in the U.S?

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: They needed something to shoot all those bullets they bought a few months ago.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--
These are for personal defense....in addition to what you already said.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7