Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Suggestions to improve the site:

1) When hovering over someones name give their age. That way older men will not mistakenly click on younger women (for example).

2) Find a way for people to link to our posts from our profile. It is a great way to get to know someone (read all their posts).

3) When in a search and we "back out" using the browser back button I end up back at page 1 instead of the page I came from (let's say 23 for example). I have to keep track of what page I am on and jump back to the correct page. This is a pain if you are looking at the 1000 new pictures this week.

4) Give us a way jump to responses to our posts so we don't necessarily need to go through all the posts to see what the replies were to our posts (because some posts come weeks later and to go through 40 pages of posts every few days is a pain). Let us "watch this topic" like I can for this post.

Thanks,

Mick

Jan 24th 2013 new
excellent suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 24th 2013 new

Hi Mick,

When hovering over someones name give their age.--Which part of the site are you asking about?

Find a way for people to link to our posts from our profile.--When you are in the forums, if there is a specific person who's posts you'd like to see, click on the forum options menu (the tools at the far right of the forum menu bar), select "Search", then enter the person's member number. Many members felt that it would be an invasion of privacy if this were to be linked directly from someone's profile so we chose not to include the direct link.

When in a search and we "back out" using the browser back button I end up back at page 1 instead of the page I came from--If you use the back buttons that we provide at the top of a member's profile, "Back to Search Results" or "Previous profile", you can avoid running into this problem.

Give us a way jump to responses to our posts so we don't necessarily need to go through all the posts to see what the replies were to our post--On the forum toolbar, click on the word "Unread". This will show you all responses to your posts within the past week. Also, there is an icon that looks like an arrow pointing to a piece of paper (when you hover over the button it says, "Jump to last read post in this topic"), clicking on that icon will take you to where you left off the last time you viewed the topc.

Let us "watch this topic" like I can for this post.--Click on the forum options menu (the tools at the far right of the forum menu bar) and select "Watch this topic"

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Hi Mick, When hovering over someones name give their age.--Which par...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

Hi Mick,

When hovering over someones name give their age.--Which part of the site are you asking about?

Find a way for people to link to our posts from our profile.--When you are in the forums, if there is a specific person who's posts you'd like to see, click on the forum options menu (the tools at the far right of the forum menu bar), select "Search", then enter the person's member number. Many members felt that it would be an invasion of privacy if this were to be linked directly from someone's profile so we chose not to include the direct link.

When in a search and we "back out" using the browser back button I end up back at page 1 instead of the page I came from--If you use the back buttons that we provide at the top of a member's profile, "Back to Search Results" or "Previous profile", you can avoid running into this problem.

Give us a way jump to responses to our posts so we don't necessarily need to go through all the posts to see what the replies were to our post--On the forum toolbar, click on the word "Unread". This will show you all responses to your posts within the past week. Also, there is an icon that looks like an arrow pointing to a piece of paper (when you hover over the button it says, "Jump to last read post in this topic"), clicking on that icon will take you to where you left off the last time you viewed the topc.

Let us "watch this topic" like I can for this post.--Click on the forum options menu (the tools at the far right of the forum menu bar) and select "Watch this topic"

--hide--

The "Home" page were there are pictures. The name and number shows when you hover over it but not the age.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Find a way for people to link to our posts from our profile.--When you are in t...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

--hide--

A shortcut, if you a viewing a post written by the person whose post history you wish to view, is to click on the number of posts to the right of the angel icon under their photo (or placeholder).

Deb -- How is it an invasion of privacy to provide a function on one part of the site that is available on another?

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: A shortcut, if you a viewing a post written by the person whose post history you wish to ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

A shortcut, if you a viewing a post written by the person whose post history you wish to view, is to click on the number of posts to the right of the angel icon under their photo (or placeholder).

Deb -- How is it an invasion of privacy to provide a function on one part of the site that is available on another?

--hide--

It beats the heck out of me, but even providing a label showing that you've posted in the forums was enough to garner enough complaints that we added a way to hide that. I think there should be a link from your profile to your posts :)

Jan 30th 2013 new

We do have all of this here. Type in a member numbers number at the bottom of any forum page and all of their posts will come up. The age of members is next to their name in the forums so that is covered and look to the upper right hand corner of the forum page when you are on the forums- it will say Unread- It will list how many posts to your posts have responses and you can read then from clicking on that button.

Good suggestions Mick.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: (Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Hi Mick, When hovering over ...
(Quote) Mick-929473 said:

Quote:
Debbie-696127 said:

Hi Mick,

The "Home" page were there are pictures. The name and number shows when you hover over it but not the age.

--hide--

GOOD POINT MICK. I agree.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: It beats the heck out of me, but even providing a label showing that you've posted in the for...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

It beats the heck out of me, but even providing a label showing that you've posted in the forums was enough to garner enough complaints that we added a way to hide that. I think there should be a link from your profile to your posts :)

--hide--

Sounds like it's time to run another special on reality checks! wink

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: Suggestions to improve the site: 1) When hovering over someones name give their age. Th...
(Quote) Mick-929473 said:

Suggestions to improve the site:

1) When hovering over someones name give their age. That way older men will not mistakenly click on younger women (for example).

2) Find a way for people to link to our posts from our profile. It is a great way to get to know someone (read all their posts).

3) When in a search and we "back out" using the browser back button I end up back at page 1 instead of the page I came from (let's say 23 for example). I have to keep track of what page I am on and jump back to the correct page. This is a pain if you are looking at the 1000 new pictures this week.

4) Give us a way jump to responses to our posts so we don't necessarily need to go through all the posts to see what the replies were to our posts (because some posts come weeks later and to go through 40 pages of posts every few days is a pain). Let us "watch this topic" like I can for this post.

Thanks,

Mick

--hide--

clap clap clap

Posts 1 - 10 of 10