Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I have no doubt that many of you have seen this, I had not. Here it is anyway:

www.youtube.com

01/30/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I have no doubt that many of you have seen this, I had not. Here it is anyway: http://www....
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Most of us know that we are made of billions of various molecules which in turn are made up of billions and billions of atoms. Those atoms are in turn made up of electrons, protons and neutrons. But how many are aware of the fact that one single proton in any one of those atoms is made up of other particles in a number which is in the same ballpark as the total number of atoms in the whole body, moving around in speeds very close to that of light? The number of particles inside the proton isn't fixed either but constantly changing. Yet the mass of the proton remains the same.

To make it even more amazing: particles inside our protons (and neutrons too for that matter) are sort of popping in and out of existence. They appear in the form of a pair of matter and anti-matter particles called quarks (and anti-quarks) which comes in four types: up quark, down quark, top quark, bottom quark, strange quark and finally the charm quark. There is another type of particle holding the quarks together called gluon which occurs in even larger number still inside a proton.

And this is only a hint of the magic inside one single proton. I like to remind myself of this every time I find myself being a little too big headed in terms of knowledge.

01/30/2013 new

yes I've seen it before but I'm glad that you posted this.
what an awesome reminder of the awesome God who created us!!

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I have no doubt that many of you have seen this, I had not. Here it is anyway: http://www....

www.youtube.com

--hide--

02/01/2013 new

www.youtube.com

--hide--

That was excellent, Peter. Thank you.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4