Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious that make you take a greater interest in that person. Take for example. I was at adoration last night and the chapel has chairs with fold down kneelers on the back of each chair. Well as you might imagine that means the front row is without kneelers, but they do have one standing kneeler with a padded arm rest on top and cushioned kneeler. Well, this young lady walks in to the front row and after kneeling in reverence before the Blessed Sacrament she got up and pushed the standing kneeler forward a bit with her foot and then proceeded to kneel down on the ground. Now granted the chapel is carpeted, but it's definitely a form of mortification to kneel on the ground rather than a cushioned kneeler. Well, needless to say, I was impressed and wanted to ask her out on a date right then and there, but looked at her closer and seen she looked a wee too young for me. So, what things to people of the opposite do that make you want to ask them out on a date or at least pique your interest in them?

Jan 30th 2013 new

While I realize this is a limited way to judge someone's internal disposition I do notice when a woman actually stays for the whole mass rather than heading out before the final hymn. I know some people have jobs or other obligations that they need to get back to but in this day and age having a true reverence for the liturgy stands out excluding other circumstances.

Jan 30th 2013 new

Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if I see a guy at daily mass or adoration or any devotional outside of Sunday Mass, I'm thinking wide eyed "wow! they do exist!" eyepopping

faint

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if I see a guy at daily mass or adoration or any devotional outside of Sunday Mass, I'm thinking "wow! they do exist!"

--hide--

Catholic? Good. Pulse? Excellent.

The pickin's is slim, Dan. Gone Fishing!

Jan 30th 2013 new

Honestly, a man who loves and respects God and goes to Mass is attractive period! However, specific things I notice: a man who prays after Mass, shows reverence to the Blessed Sacrament, goes to TLM, and is into devotions (ie 1st Saturdays, Holy Hour, etc). There's a man at one of my parishes who seems extremely devout. I never fail to see him when I go there.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: Honestly, a man who loves and respects God and goes to Mass is attractive period! However, spe...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

Honestly, a man who loves and respects God and goes to Mass is attractive period! However, specific things I notice: a man who prays after Mass, shows reverence to the Blessed Sacrament, goes to TLM, and is into devotions (ie 1st Saturdays, Holy Hour, etc). There's a man at one of my parishes who seems extremely devout. I never fail to see him when I go there.

--hide--

Gents, take note. Holiness is attractive.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Catholic? Good. Pulse? Excellent. The pickin's is slim, Dan.
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Catholic? Good. Pulse? Excellent.

The pickin's is slim, Dan.

--hide--

Praying <-- man at Wednesday night adoration

eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping <--all the single ladies

"methinks my eyes deceive me!" says one. "I'll fight ya for him" says another.

You get the general idea. ;-)

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: Honestly, a man who loves and respects God and goes to Mass is attractive period! However, spe...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

--hide--

Sister, you speak truly on every score. clap clap clap clap clap clap

Perhaps he will notice you. Praying I'll pray for it.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Gents, take note. Holiness is attractive.

--hide--

Yes it is! Look at Esther, Ruth, Rebecca, etc who were just doing what they were supposed to be doing--nothing fancy--and attracted the attention of the right men.

I guess you never know how your seemingly insignificant actions could be affecting someone. I'm sure the young woman who kneeled on the floor had no clue that anyone noticed.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Gents, take note. Holiness is ...

--hide--

Holiness is attractive.
----------> Yeah, baby!!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 71