Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Do you really have a "nothing box"?? Sounds dreamy!! laughing

www.youtube.com

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: Do you really have a "nothing box"?? Sounds dreamy!! www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

Do you really have a "nothing box"?? Sounds dreamy!!

www.youtube.com

--hide--

I hate to say it, but yes, we really have a "nothing box". A box that has nothing and in which we think about.........nothing. He's right, it works very well when doing tasks that require little thought. For example, fishing. I love to go fishing for catfish. Throw something stinky on the hook and toss it out with a sinker and let it sit on the bottom and then kick back and relax and think about.............nothing. *l*

Jan 31st 2013 new

I know this question is for the guys, but I just want to say thank you, Sarah, for sharing - this guy is hillarious!!!

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: (Quote) Sarah-901988 said: Do you really have a "nothing box"?? So...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Quote:
Sarah-901988 said:

www.youtube.com

I hate to say it, but yes, we really have a "nothing box". A box that has nothing and in which we think about.........nothing. He's right, it works very well when doing tasks that require little thought. For example, fishing. I love to go fishing for catfish. Throw something stinky on the hook and toss it out with a sinker and let it sit on the bottom and then kick back and relax and think about.............nothing. *l*

--hide--

Amazing! Thanks for the verification!

Jan 31st 2013 new

Thank you Sarah.. I love this guy!

Jan 31st 2013 new

We are also currently trying to develop a second nothing box.

Jan 31st 2013 new

laughing clap

This guy is really funny! I've heard before that men are capable of thinking about 'nothing.' I've tried to do this myself, but it just doesn't work. How do you think about nothing? I want a nothing box! Having a man's brain sounds so relaxing!

Jan 31st 2013 new

This is recognized in Zen, and it is considered an important part of a balanced, complete being... the appropriatness and importance of doing nothing and thinking about nothing. And typical of Zen, willfully doing nothing is in fact doing something! So when one is willfully doing nothing, it is incorrect to accuse them of doing nothing. What is wasteful and empty, is doing nothing thoughtlessly.

To exercise the vernacular here: I can also attest to the wonderfulness of the nothing box while doing mundane chores like doing the dishes, cleaning the house, washing the motorcycle, or mowing the lawn ... it makes them mentally restfull even if they are physically strenuous.

Of course an alternative to going into the nothing box is praying! smile

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: Do you really have a "nothing box"?? Sounds dreamy!! www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

oh yes, this is part of Men 101
our secret thinking or lack of thinking is being exposed!
laughing

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) David-870960 said: This is recognized in Zen, and it is considered an important part of a balanced, complete being.....
(Quote) David-870960 said:

This is recognized in Zen, and it is considered an important part of a balanced, complete being... the appropriatness and importance of doing nothing and thinking about nothing. And typical of Zen, willfully doing nothing is in fact doing something! So when one is willfully doing nothing, it is incorrect to accuse them of doing nothing. What is wasteful and empty, is doing nothing thoughtlessly.

To exercise the vernacular here: I can also attest to the wonderfulness of the nothing box while doing mundane chores like doing the dishes, cleaning the house, washing the motorcycle, or mowing the lawn ... it makes them mentally restfull even if they are physically strenuous.

Of course an alternative to going into the nothing box is praying!

--hide--

I think you made a wrong turn: Buddhist Match is down the hall, third door on the left.

St. Paul tells us to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thes 5:17), thus we can safely say that thinking about nothing is not a desired state.

Just as we practice driving in empty parking lots and on quiet side streets before we can safely venture out on to busy highways, we must first practice "praying without ceasing", focusing our thoughts on God, during quiet times when our minds might otherwise be unoccupied (or aimlessly wandering) before we can successfully do so when our lives are in a more hectic state.

Posts 1 - 10 of 83