Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I got my annulment today

01/30/2013 new

sad

Y'know how you feel when you hear about some killer getting aquitted because some slick lawyer pulled a technicality out of his hat?

My priest say's this is a joyous occasion.

I still feel like I'm guilty but free on a technicality.

01/30/2013 new
(Quote) Gary-836455 said: Y'know how you feel when you hear about some killer getting aquitted because some slick lawyer pull...
(Quote) Gary-836455 said:

Y'know how you feel when you hear about some killer getting aquitted because some slick lawyer pulled a technicality out of his hat?

--hide--

You have my prayers that you find a healing of memories. Congrats on your annulment!
01/30/2013 new
(Quote) Gary-836455 said: Y'know how you feel when you hear about some killer getting aquitted because some slick lawyer pull...

--hide--
Congratulations!
01/30/2013 new

Congratulations! This is a joyous occasion! Time to put the past behind and move forward...better things to come! Time to enjoy the mystery of the future unfold before you.

01/30/2013 new

(Quote) Gary-836455 said: Y'know how you feel when you hear about some killer getting aquitted because some slic...

--hide--

Gary, I know there is a lot of grief mixed with the sense of closure, or finality, over the whole thing. But you are free now. Thank God for that freedom and walk forward in His grace and healing. Praying theheart

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Gary-836455 said: I still feel like I'm guilty but free on a technicality.

--hide--
Depends on if it's guilt because of something that you've done or whether it's from recognizing the sanctity of marriage as a whole and you are truly saddened. If it's guilt from wrongdoing, then of course head to confession and be released from it. If it's guilt because you uphold marriage to such a high degree, then this is honorable, and use it towards growing yourself into that man you want your future spouse to love. Either way, we must heal and let go, don't let pride slip in. Wishing you much peace and happiness.

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Gary-836455 said: Y'know how you feel when you hear about some killer getting aquitted because some slic...

--hide--

It is bittersweet. It took me a long time to come to grips with it. I studied the church teaching on annulments, even went to a workshop.
These things helped because I needed to make sense of it all. The church does not take this lightly and it is quite the process. However, the only thing that can ease your heart is God's grace through prayer. Praying Belief that the Holy Spirit is your guide. theheart

It is difficult to think of a disollution of a marriage especially with children involved as a joyous occasion, but it certainly can be felt as a relief that it has come to full closure.

01/31/2013 new

--hide--

The question I have to ask myself is "Do I trust Jesus when he said that he will build his Church upon the rock Peter, that he would send the Holy Spirit to guide the Church to all truth, and that he would be with us till the end of time?" If I take Jesus at his word, then I can trust the Church's judgment in setting up and administering the Annulment process. And as with confession, all the guilt is wiped away. Congratulations and God Bless,

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

AMEN!!

01/31/2013 new

I pray that you can overcome this Gary. Praying

02/01/2013 new

--hide--

Its a congratulatory remarks because you are free now but of course like in any separation its not easy and what you are feeling is part of the healing and moving on. praying for you. Keep the faith.

Posts 1 - 10 of 42