Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: (Quote) Alice-788574 said: Catholic? Good. Pulse? Excellent.<...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Quote:
Alice-788574 said:

Catholic? Good. Pulse? Excellent.

The pickin's is slim, Dan.

<-- man at Wednesday night adoration

<--all the single ladies

"methinks my eyes deceive me!" says one. "I'll fight ya for him" says another.

You get the general idea. ;-)

--hide--

Yes to all of the examples listed in this thread!

Jan 31st 2013 new

I have seen numerous men kneel down before the Blessed Sacrament, but still it is a sight to behold each time. I do have to keep my eyes shut, so that I do not get distracted. biggrin biggrin biggrin

If a guy were to kneel if he was standing somewhere where there is no kneelers, like outside the church on a rough surface.... that is really something.

Holiness and reverence even devotion is extremely attractive. Thank you Lord for such men. Praying

Jan 31st 2013 new

There isa man who is a lector at my parish, at the 6:45 AM daily Mass. I don't go to that one often, as I can go to a Mass near work in the middle of the day. But THAT piqued my interest, as well as all the other things I notice.

Jan 31st 2013 new

But "holier than thou"-ness is not.

I notice men who dress up for church and seem to be focussed on what's going on. Of course, if I'm noticing this, I'm not really focussing on what's going on...which means he's an occasion of sin, which means...I'm being "holier than thou" here, aren't I.... scratchchin

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: (Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Quote:
Naomi-825244 said:

Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if I see a guy at daily mass or adoration or any devotional outside of Sunday Mass, I'm thinking "wow! they do exist!"

Catholic? Good. Pulse? Excellent.

The pickin's is slim, Dan.

--hide--

laughing laughing

heart fluffy snowman fluffy heart

Jan 31st 2013 new

FYI, gents, doing a bit of acolyte or sacristan work goes a long way... At the Catholic College I attended, I was a Master of Ceremonies and the Head Sacristan and it seems to me that it wasn't a bad thing as far as the ladies were concerned...thing is, most of that time, I was seminary bound.

Jan 31st 2013 new

The most attractive man I've seen my life was on July 3, 2004, in a church in Ann Arbor, MI. He was kneeling and praying after the Saturday vigil Mass. I wouldn't be surprised that if I had seen him outside of the church I wouldn't have thought him as attractive, and this was back when I would have considered myself as being a lukewarm Catholic!

(As for remembering the date, it wasn't because of that guy! That was the date I went to my very first They Might Be Giants concert, which should be a significant date in anyone's life. smile )

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if I see a guy at daily mass or adoration or any devotional outside of Sunday Mass, I'm thinking "wow! they do exist!"

--hide--
If you think we are a rare breed in the US you should see the state of reality in Sweden. You have way more men to chose from than your catholic sisters here.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious tha...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious that make you take a greater interest in that person. Take for example. I was at adoration last night and the chapel has chairs with fold down kneelers on the back of each chair. Well as you might imagine that means the front row is without kneelers, but they do have one standing kneeler with a padded arm rest on top and cushioned kneeler. Well, this young lady walks in to the front row and after kneeling in reverence before the Blessed Sacrament she got up and pushed the standing kneeler forward a bit with her foot and then proceeded to kneel down on the ground. Now granted the chapel is carpeted, but it's definitely a form of mortification to kneel on the ground rather than a cushioned kneeler. Well, needless to say, I was impressed and wanted to ask her out on a date right then and there, but looked at her closer and seen she looked a wee too young for me. So, what things to people of the opposite do that make you want to ask them out on a date or at least pique your interest in them?

--hide--

What a wonderful question, Dan. My interest is piqued when I see men doing random acts of kindness with no obvious benefit to themselves and without any fanfare.

- Elizabeth

Jan 31st 2013 new
When I see a man singing at Mass . . . even if he can't carry a tune, he is participating fully and THAT interests me.
Posts 11 - 20 of 71