Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I've decided that the best way to insure that America elects a conservative president is for those conservatives with wealth to buy the main stream media. Seems to me that is the only way that the true message of conservatives will have a chance to get out to the masses.

What do you think?

- Elizabeth

Jan 30th 2013 new

The media (mainstream) is controlled by the federal reserve bank which is illegal under the Constitution. Why not start with having Congress control (issue) our money? Unfortunately the majority of 'free men' in the United States do not have a clue.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: The media (mainstream) is controlled by the federal reserve bank which is illegal under the Consti...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

The media (mainstream) is controlled by the federal reserve bank which is illegal under the Constitution. Why not start with having Congress control (issue) our money? Unfortunately the majority of 'free men' in the United States do not have a clue.

--hide--

John, not only are you woefully uninfromed about VII, you are, like most Americans, even less informed about the Fed, its legality and its operations.

For your historical information, even before the Fed. Existed, individual banks issued most of the paper money in circulation. And that was true even before this nation came into existence. That was one of the reasons the Fed was created, to control the amount and timing of money creation.

Despite all the gibberish printed and circulated about the Fed., especially by the wacky right who are just as bad as the wacky left, the Fed is, in fact, a Federal Government entity with a facade of quasi private ownership. I say quasi private ownership, because the reality is that the only owner of the Fed. is Uncle Sam.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: John, not only are you woefully uninfromed about VII, you are, like most Americans, even ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

John, not only are you woefully uninfromed about VII, you are, like most Americans, even less informed about the Fed, its legality and its operations.

For your historical information, even before the Fed. Existed, individual banks issued most of the paper money in circulation. And that was true even before this nation came into existence. That was one of the reasons the Fed was created, to control the amount and timing of money creation.

Despite all the gibberish printed and circulated about the Fed., especially by the wacky right who are just as bad as the wacky left, the Fed is, in fact, a Federal Government entity with a facade of quasi private ownership. I say quasi private ownership, because the reality is that the only owner of the Fed. is Uncle Sam.

--hide--

Section 8 of the Constitution states that Congress has (shall=mandatory) the sole authority to (issue) coin money. The banks were never allowed to issue or coin money. They can lend it but they cannot legally charge interest since it is usury which has historically been viewed as a crime in the eyes of our church.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I've decided that the best way to insure that America elects a conservative president is ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I've decided that the best way to insure that America elects a conservative president is for those conservatives with wealth to buy the main stream media. Seems to me that is the only way that the true message of conservatives will have a chance to get out to the masses.

What do you think?

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Hi Elizabeth, considering the history of the dead tree media, and the growing alternates, it might be a very good time for such action/investment.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Section 8 of the Constitution states that Congress has (shall=mandatory) the sole authori...

Section 8 of the Constitution states that Congress has (shall=mandatory) the sole authority to (issue) coin money. The banks were never allowed to issue or coin money. They can lend it but they cannot legally charge interest since it is usury which has historically been viewed as a crime in the eyes of our church.

--hide--

Specifically the Constitution States, "Article Article I, Section 8: To coin Money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the Standards of weight and Measures."

No where did I say that individual banks issed coins. I did say they issed their own currency up until the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank . You do know the difference, I hope?

Congress, by law, has, within its authority, made the Federal Reserve Note the l;egal tender of the United States. Federal Reserve Notes are printed and issued by the Treasury Department. There are two signatures on those notes; the signature of the Treasurer of the US and that of the Secretary Of the Treasury of the United States.

No bank issued its own coins as that has always been the job of the US MInt.

Banks have always had the ability to create money, since the first bank was opened in the US. Or to put it in another way, the US, since its very founding, has always had a fractional reserve currency system. In fact, virtually every country, since the first banks as we know them were started in Florence in the 13th or 14th Century.

There is no prohibition in the Constitution or in any law at any time in the US, even the early colonies, that prohibits banks from charging interest. Wherever you got that idea is beyond comprehension.

John, I don't know what you do for a living. Whatever it is, I am sure you knowa lot about that and can provide everyone here a real education in the relevent areas of knowledge. But the Constitution, Finance, and Money and Banking are not areas where you have displayed any functional knowledge. And that is true of the vast majority of Americans, including most politicians especially Obama except for the Constitution, and I have my doubts about his understanding of that.

By the way, Congress can and does delegate, with a few major exceptions, most of their authorities to other entities. One of those exceptions is they cannot delgate the power to enact laws.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Specifically the Constitution States, "Article Article I, Section 8: To coin Money, ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Specifically the Constitution States, "Article Article I, Section 8: To coin Money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the Standards of weight and Measures."

No where did I say that individual banks issed coins. I did say they issed their own currency up until the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank . You do know the difference, I hope?

Congress, by law, has, within its authority, made the Federal Reserve Note the l;egal tender of the United States. Federal Reserve Notes are printed and issued by the Treasury Department. There are two signatures on those notes; the signature of the Treasurer of the US and that of the Secretary Of the Treasury of the United States.

No bank issued its own coins as that has always been the job of the US MInt.

Banks have always had the ability to create money, since the first bank was opened in the US. Or to put it in another way, the US, since its very founding, has always had a fractional reserve currency system. In fact, virtually every country, since the first banks as we know them were started in Florence in the 13th or 14th Century.

There is no prohibition in the Constitution or in any law at any time in the US, even the early colonies, that prohibits banks from charging interest. Wherever you got that idea is beyond comprehension.

John, I don't know what you do for a living. Whatever it is, I am sure you knowa lot about that and can provide everyone here a real education in the relevent areas of knowledge. But the Constitution, Finance, and Money and Banking are not areas where you have displayed any functional knowledge. And that is true of the vast majority of Americans, including most politicians especially Obama except for the Constitution, and I have my doubts about his understanding of that.

By the way, Congress can and does delegate, with a few major exceptions, most of their authorities to other entities. One of those exceptions is they cannot delgate the power to enact laws.

--hide--

The federal reserve bank was ruled as a privately owned and locally controlled corporation by the US Ninth Circuit Court in 1982.

www.healthfreedom.info

Former US Congressman Ron Paul is on record calling the federal reserve bank "private" meaning it is not run by Congress who were granted sole authority by the founders to issue money. The monetary system in the early republic was created as a actual value system free of speculation schemes.

The First Council of Nicaea forbade any interest bearing loans. To the best of my memory it wasn't until the seventeenth century that the Vatican allowed some business loans but the Monarchies forbade it among the people.

Fractional reserve banking is a usurious scheme. Jesus drove the moneylenders out of the Temple for charging interest and subsequent schemes.The charging of interest is a Jewish influence. The majority of federal reserve bankers come from Jewish families.

There will not be any conservative representative types until we do away with the federal reserve bank which is extremely powerful. The answer to bring this nation back to where it should be following peaceful means is when the citizens refuse to take interest bearing loans.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: The federal reserve bank was ruled as a privately owned and locally controlled corporatio...

The federal reserve bank was ruled as a privately owned and locally controlled corporation by the US Ninth Circuit Court in 1982.

www.healthfreedom.info

Former US Congressman Ron Paul is on record calling the federal reserve bank "private" meaning it is not run by Congress who were granted sole authority by the founders to issue money. The monetary system in the early republic was created as a actual value system free of speculation schemes.

The First Council of Nicaea forbade any interest bearing loans. To the best of my memory it wasn't until the seventeenth century that the Vatican allowed some business loans but the Monarchies forbade it among the people.

Fractional reserve banking is a usurious scheme. Jesus drove the moneylenders out of the Temple for charging interest and subsequent schemes.The charging of interest is a Jewish influence. The majority of federal reserve bankers come from Jewish families.

There will not be any conservative representative types until we do away with the federal reserve bank which is extremely powerful. The answer to bring this nation back to where it should be following peaceful means is when the citizens refuse to take interest bearing loans.

--hide--

The Ninth Cicuit Court has been a hotbed of idiocy for decades.

Ron Paul has no idea what he is talking about. All one can say about him is that he would be a better choice for President than the current incumbent, but then even you would be too.

The Federal Reserve Banks are run and controlled by the Federal Reserve Board. The Board is, with just one exemption, composed of person's appointed by the President of the US with the advice and consent of the Senate. The one exemption is that the law, passed by Congress and signed by the President of the US, automatically makes the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York a member of the Federal Reserve Board.

All Federal Reserve employees are classified as US Government Employees. However, all functions of the Federal Reserve are not funded by Congressional Appropriations but by internally generated funds resulting from its Operations.

All profits Generated by the Federal Reserve System and all its entities are the property of the US Government. If, for any reason, Congress should liquidate the Federal Reserve System all, proceeds from that action belong to the US. The only funds the so-called stockholders of the individual Federal Reserve Banks (the individual member banks) would get are those funds they are required to deposit with the Federal Reserve by law and regulation as their reserve requirements.

I have already detailed this in another thread and not about to repeat myself here in detail.

The only suggestion I have for you is that in addition to the documents of Vatican II you add some basic text books that detail the history and legal structure of the Fed. Non of the nonsense material you have on the subject from Ron Paul or any other libertarian nonsense source qualifies as factual reading.

The monetary system of the US, since before the founding of the republic was, as it is now, a fractional reserve currency system and was far more likely to rise and fall on pure, unadulterated speculation than the system is today. And that, despite the fact, that gold and silver backed the system.

Jesus's driving of the money lenders from the temple has nothing to do with banking. They did not belong in the temple. His action had nothing to do or say with their activities as money lenders, but only with their operation in the Temple itself.

There is nothing usurious about a fractional reserve currency system. Look up the word usurious.

Who gives two hoots if any or all bankers are Jews. Or are you just anti-Jewish? The majority of bankers is this country, from its earliest days, has been White-Anglo Saxon Protestants. And these days, with a large sprinkling of Roma Catholics.

Utopian economic schemes have never worked, do not work now and will never do so. A simple fact that renders your last paragraph, laughable.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: The federal reserve bank was ruled as a privately owned and locally controlled corporatio...

www.healthfreedom.info

--hide--

By the way, I read the gibberish document posted at your referenced web site.

It begins by citing the Artticle I, Section 10 of the Constitution which applies solely to the individual states and not to the US Government. It is not in any way a restriction on what Congress can or cannot do.

It then cites the Ninth Circuit Court decision and completely misses the point. The Court found that for the purpoise of the FTCA, an act which, in general specifies who and under what circumstances, the Federal Government may be sued, and spoke to no other circumstances, the Federal Reserve Banks were Private Institutions. In other words, any action resulting from actions by the Federal Reserve Banks, were a proper matter for a suit against the banks and not the Federal Government.

As mush as I dislike lawyers and their shenanigans, the nonsense documet you reference is a clear example of what happens when people with absolutely no knowledge of the law attempt to use Court decisions to bolster their agendas. They are clueless to the facts of the case they cite and merely pick out words they believe supports their cause when in fact they don't.

Jan 31st 2013 new

In re the Rainbow Ninth, the W H Counsel from 09-11 was a Perkins and Coie honcho. The Ninth has two P & C "alumni" aboard. en.wikipedia.org

Posts 1 - 10 of 31