Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: In re the Rainbow Ninth, the W H Counsel from 09-11 was a Perkins and Coie honcho. The Ninth has...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

In re the Rainbow Ninth, the W H Counsel from 09-11 was a Perkins and Coie honcho. The Ninth has two P & C "alumni" aboard. en.wikipedia.org

--hide--

Obviously one could (and I emphasis "could) draw the conclusion that this law firm is, in effect, an arm of the Democratic party. And, as such, it has a very liberal bias.

The fact that two of its former attorney's sit on the Ninth Circuit bench, could be considered a bolstering of my observation about the Ninth Circuit.

Just curious, was there any other reason for your reference?

I appreciate it when people give useful references to information. I would merely point out that doing so without specifying a reason for the reference to provide context, leaves a reader to provide their own interpretations as to the reasons for the cite. I do not mean that as a criticism per se. Only that it leaves too much to the readers own biases to divine your intent, which could be a disservice to you and your intentions.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The Ninth Cicuit Court has been a hotbed of idiocy for decades. Ron Paul has no id...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The Ninth Cicuit Court has been a hotbed of idiocy for decades.

Ron Paul has no idea what he is talking about. All one can say about him is that he would be a better choice for President than the current incumbent, but then even you would be too.

The Federal Reserve Banks are run and controlled by the Federal Reserve Board. The Board is, with just one exemption, composed of person's appointed by the President of the US with the advice and consent of the Senate. The one exemption is that the law, passed by Congress and signed by the President of the US, automatically makes the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York a member of the Federal Reserve Board.

All Federal Reserve employees are classified as US Government Employees. However, all functions of the Federal Reserve are not funded by Congressional Appropriations but by internally generated funds resulting from its Operations.

All profits Generated by the Federal Reserve System and all its entities are the property of the US Government. If, for any reason, Congress should liquidate the Federal Reserve System all, proceeds from that action belong to the US. The only funds the so-called stockholders of the individual Federal Reserve Banks (the individual member banks) would get are those funds they are required to deposit with the Federal Reserve by law and regulation as their reserve requirements.

I have already detailed this in another thread and not about to repeat myself here in detail.

The only suggestion I have for you is that in addition to the documents of Vatican II you add some basic text books that detail the history and legal structure of the Fed. Non of the nonsense material you have on the subject from Ron Paul or any other libertarian nonsense source qualifies as factual reading.

The monetary system of the US, since before the founding of the republic was, as it is now, a fractional reserve currency system and was far more likely to rise and fall on pure, unadulterated speculation than the system is today. And that, despite the fact, that gold and silver backed the system.

Jesus's driving of the money lenders from the temple has nothing to do with banking. They did not belong in the temple. His action had nothing to do or say with their activities as money lenders, but only with their operation in the Temple itself.

There is nothing usurious about a fractional reserve currency system. Look up the word usurious.

Who gives two hoots if any or all bankers are Jews. Or are you just anti-Jewish? The majority of bankers is this country, from its earliest days, has been White-Anglo Saxon Protestants. And these days, with a large sprinkling of Roma Catholics.

Utopian economic schemes have never worked, do not work now and will never do so. A simple fact that renders your last paragraph, laughable.

--hide--

You're entitled to your opinion.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Obviously one could (and I emphasis "could) draw the conclusion that this law firm i...

Obviously one could (and I emphasis "could) draw the conclusion that this law firm is, in effect, an arm of the Democratic party. And, as such, it has a very liberal bias.

The fact that two of its former attorney's sit on the Ninth Circuit bench, could be considered a bolstering of my observation about the Ninth Circuit.

Just curious, was there any other reason for your reference?

I appreciate it when people give useful references to information. I would merely point out that doing so without specifying a reason for the reference to provide context, leaves a reader to provide their own interpretations as to the reasons for the cite. I do not mean that as a criticism per se. Only that it leaves too much to the readers own biases to divine your intent, which could be a disservice to you and your intentions.

--hide--
Hi Paul, good points. I was interested in the extent of P C members involvement in all three government branches then. Not sure if there has been as much by any firm before.

I'm not sure I would call them an arm, perhaps a very interlocked and highly bonded ally.

The info runs parallel to your description of the Ninth.

Readers may interpret whatever and however they wish.

We have layers of interposed institutions to allow all to have a hearing. Even if the Ninth sometimes resembles a "clown court", I feel it provides a helpful filtering function. The trick, as always, is to have it made up of neutral, unbiased individuals.

On the flip side, would anyone be interested if, hypothetically, Romney's representing law firm spoke for almost all Republican members of Congress, had a former member as W H counsel ( if he had won ), and some former members were judges high in the Federal Judiciary ?

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Elizabeth, considering the history of the dead tree media, and the growing alternates, it mig...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Elizabeth, considering the history of the dead tree media, and the growing alternates, it might be a very good time for such action/investment.

--hide--

We heard a lot about the reason Obama won was because the main street media was in the pocket of the left and actually helped swing the election. If that is true, I don't understand why take overs by rich conservatives hasn't already happened.

- Elizabeth

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: We heard a lot about the reason Obama won was because the main street media was i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

We heard a lot about the reason Obama won was because the main street media was in the pocket of the left and actually helped swing the election. If that is true, I don't understand why take overs by rich conservatives hasn't already happened.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Well It is not just that, We have a whole three or so generations that have been dumbed down. "The think for your self and question authorty" Has changed to let the media think for you and the school systems brain wash ones' kids"

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: Well It is not just that, We have a whole three or so generations that have been dumbed...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

Well It is not just that, We have a whole three or so generations that have been dumbed down. "The think for your self and question authorty" Has changed to let the media think for you and the school systems brain wash ones' kids"

--hide--

I agree with you, Joseph, about the dumbing down of America. I'm hoping things will eventually turn around. However, your observations support my theory that conservative money might be best spent on buying mainstream media markets. The left has used them to win elections; maybe the right should learn a lesson here, too.

- Elizabeth

Jan 31st 2013 new

I think Bill Cosby was going to buy NBC at one time.

But one would have to buy not just one but several of the news outlets at once. It might be the only way. If not the remaing liberals will do their best to

"Fox" the consvervatives.

“This is the age in which thin and theoretic minorities can cover and conquer unconscious and untheoretic majorities" G K Chesterton

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: I think Bill Cosby was going to buy NBC at one time. But one would have to buy not just o...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

I think Bill Cosby was going to buy NBC at one time.

But one would have to buy not just one but several of the news outlets at once. It might be the only way. If not the remaing liberals will do their best to

"Fox" the consvervatives.

“This is the age in which thin and theoretic minorities can cover and conquer unconscious and untheoretic majorities" G K Chesterton

--hide--

You Chesterton quote summarizes my theory that media ownership equals presidential elections. I wonder why the Republican party hasn't figured this out?

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I agree with you, Joseph, about the dumbing down of America. I'm hoping thing...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I agree with you, Joseph, about the dumbing down of America. I'm hoping things will eventually turn around. However, your observations support my theory that conservative money might be best spent on buying mainstream media markets. The left has used them to win elections; maybe the right should learn a lesson here, too.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

One of the problems is that this dumbing down is, for the first time, a world wide phenomena and not isolated to just the US. I have a Canadian friend who has moved so far left that I am embarrassed for him. He has fallen for all the left's nonsense. Years ago, when we first met, we pretty much agreed and sat on the same place in the political spectrum. In those days I was a democrat. My positions have not changed, but the democratic party has moved so far to the wacky left that I find myself at the political right.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One of the problems is that this dumbing down is, for the first time, a world wide phenom...

One of the problems is that this dumbing down is, for the first time, a world wide phenomena and not isolated to just the US. I have a Canadian friend who has moved so far left that I am embarrassed for him. He has fallen for all the left's nonsense. Years ago, when we first met, we pretty much agreed and sat on the same place in the political spectrum. In those days I was a democrat. My positions have not changed, but the democratic party has moved so far to the wacky left that I find myself at the political right.

--hide--

Since we can't immediately raise the mental ability of the masses, it seems reasonable that we can guide them in the right direction (pun intended) using mass media. I'm sick of wallowing around in despair since the election. A lot of money was spent on the last presidential election to no avail. Someone needs to think outside the box and the buying of the media markets seem to me to be what conservatives need to be considering. What do you think, Paul?

- Elizabeth

Posts 11 - 20 of 31