Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: When I see a man singing at Mass . . . even if he can't carry a tune, he is participating fully and...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: When I see a man singing at Mass . . . even if he can't carry a tune, he is participating fully and THAT interests me.
--hide--

Oh, I absolutely agree, Joanna. And if he can't carry a tune, I am even more impressed.

Feb 1st 2013 new
A woman who makes the Sign of the Cross before she eats is the one I request to be my lunchmate.
Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: A woman who makes the Sign of the Cross before she eats is the one I request to be my lunchmate.
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: A woman who makes the Sign of the Cross before she eats is the one I request to be my lunchmate.
--hide--

Yup...love to see a man, alone or not, praying grace before his meal in a public place...quietly, unobtrusively, but praying grace nonetheless!

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: Honestly, a man who loves and respects God and goes to Mass is attractive period! However, spe...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

Honestly, a man who loves and respects God and goes to Mass is attractive period! However, specific things I notice: a man who prays after Mass, shows reverence to the Blessed Sacrament, goes to TLM, and is into devotions (ie 1st Saturdays, Holy Hour, etc). There's a man at one of my parishes who seems extremely devout. I never fail to see him when I go there.

--hide--

I agree, men who stay after mass to pray have my interest more than men who depart right when mass is done with.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: But "holier than thou"-ness is not.I notice men who dress up for church and...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

But "holier than thou"-ness is not.

I notice men who dress up for church and seem to be focussed on what's going on. Of course, if I'm noticing this, I'm not really focussing on what's going on...which means he's an occasion of sin, which means...I'm being "holier than thou" here, aren't I....

--hide--

I agree with you as well Marge. Men who dress up for mass, whether it is in a suit and tie or a nice sweater and dress pants have my interest more than men who come to church in blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Feb 1st 2013 new

yes yes and more yes! I agree I notice the single men with no rings on. Who sit without women and are reverant. Absolutely are attractive! And honesty is HUGE! wave Clover

Feb 1st 2013 new

I'm impressed when anyone kneels PERIOD. I try to remain open minded when I see butt floppers as I realize that some folks may have a physical limitation that prevents them from kneeling, but then I also see many able-bodied pew perchers (often teenagers, but many young adults too) who have no problem walking briskly to their cars to beat the rush out of thr parking lot before Mass has even ended. I can notice an attractive lady at Mass, but if she flops her rear on the pew during Consecration, I lose interest pretty quick. It's only a few minutes during Mass that we are asked to kneel. Jesus was on the Cross for three hours.

Feb 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if I see a guy at...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Quite frankly, since there don't seem to be too many religious persons around in general, if I see a guy at daily mass or adoration or any devotional outside of Sunday Mass, I'm thinking "wow! they do exist!"

--hide--

These days, especially college age people, we are fortunate if they are even present for the Sunday Eucharist.

That being said, seeing people at Ash Wednesday Mass or the Good Friday Liturgy (days on which no one is obligated to attend church) always seems to leave an impression on me.
Feb 1st 2013 new

I like to kneel when I give my devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. theheart And if there are no kneelers...I will kneel on the floor. I will do what I can and is able to, for my Lord. Praying

theheart rose Dove

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: I try to remain open minded when I see butt floppers
(Quote) John-146319 said:

I try to remain open minded when I see butt floppers

--hide--

John, that is too funny! I've never heard the term "butt floppers" before but it paints the picture perfectly. I agree, especially when I see teenagers doing it.

Personally, I love when men go on spiritual retreats (willingly and not to keep someone else happy). It really tells me he is serious about his faith and continually tries to strengthen his relationship with our Lord. Also, my heart beats faster for a man who gets truly lost during praise and worship.

Posts 21 - 30 of 71