Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sunrise A Light is shining on the truth.

This is shocking and yet not completely. We are going to go through more as Catholics. theheart wave

www.fresnobee.com

In this year of Faith we must pray for vocations- for the truth to always prevail and for the victims of these crimes and our whole church community to be healed and cleansed.

GOD IS THE EMBODIMENT OF TRUTH. theheart angel

Here is the scripture that came to me due to this truth we now are being allowed to see:

Malachi 4:2

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.

Feb 1st 2013 new
The real shock is that it wasn't done years ago!
Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: The real shock is that it wasn't done years ago!
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: The real shock is that it wasn't done years ago!
--hide--

The article states that back then (the 80's?) Mahoney and Curry had an exchange where they discussed covering up the molestations. Back then- none of these things had come out yet into the light. Many trads have mentioned they disliked Mahoney for years.. now the truth is being exposed. Theh truth always comes out and needs to. The truth will set us free.. It is shocking that it was allowed to remain status quo for so long yes- I agree.

Feb 1st 2013 new

It is shocking it was ever allowed to go on. How can it be? These men are so fallible.. I never thought Mahoney would be accused or called to accountability. I am happy it is happening because God needs to heal our broken Church. He needs good shepherds not fools who plot how to hide sin! Sunrise

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: It is shocking it was ever allowed to go on. How can it be? These men are so fallible.. I never t...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

It is shocking it was ever allowed to go on. How can it be? These men are so fallible.. I never thought Mahoney would be accused or called to accountability. I am happy it is happening because God needs to heal our broken Church. He needs good shepherds not fools who plot how to hide sin!

--hide--
Thank you for sharing this, Marian. You are right, the truth will set us free. I hope the church has learned to correct the system that allowed this to happen all over the world. I hope that we can protect and shield our young people and nurture their way to heaven. Yes, evil seeks to burrow and corrupt good.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: A Light is shining on the truth. This is shocking and yet not completely. We are going to...

A Light is shining on the truth.

This is shocking and yet not completely. We are going to go through more as Catholics.

www.fresnobee.com

In this year of Faith we must pray for vocations- for the truth to always prevail and for the victims of these crimes and our whole church community to be healed and cleansed.

GOD IS THE EMBODIMENT OF TRUTH.

Here is the scripture that came to me due to this truth we now are being allowed to see:

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.

--hide--

Marian: From what I have read in these forums, Mahoney was not liked too much. Was it because of this sex scandal coverup,
or because he was extremely liberal, or because he was against true church policies?

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: A Light is shining on the truth. This is shocking and yet not completely. We are going to...

This is shocking and yet not completely. We are going to go through more as Catholics.

www.fresnobee.com

--hide--

Any Church official who participated in covering up anything of this magnitude should be held accountable in a Court of Law and spend serious time in Prison.

I just hope that the Vatican DOES NOT suddenly find "important" work for them to do there so that they can escape the law as it did with Cardinal Law of Boston.

Feb 1st 2013 new

www.fresnobee.com

--hide--

Thanks be to God! Do any of you remember the very public exchanges between Mother Angelica and Cardinal Mahoney. At one point, she was forced to apologize to him onscreen on EWTN. She did, but did it in her own inimitable way so that it angered him even more. I believe he pulled every string he could to try to get her "fired" so to speak. Some of this is detailed in her bigraphy written by Raymond Arroyo. I always wondere why he was so antagonistic toward Mother Angelica as to me it seemed that she was only speaking the truth! So, at last, she is vindicated (I hope that she knows this, I'm not sure how much she realizes this day after her several strokes.) God always finds a way to bring the truth to light! Praise be to God!Praying rose theheart

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Marian: From what I have read in these forums, Mahoney was not liked too much. Was it ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Marian: From what I have read in these forums, Mahoney was not liked too much. Was it because of this sex scandal coverup,
or because he was extremely liberal, or because he was against true church policies?

--hide--

I think he was considered liberal but I don't know any details. When I lived in LA I saw and felt what seemed like a liberal bent in all the parishes I went to and not so much in others. I was providing music ministry. He built that ugly cathedral and either tore down or emptied out or something the original old cathedral- so there are some signs. I think he was very liberal. I never heard him say anything that affected me but I was not focused on him or on watching him.

I have heard lots of people complain about him but I never really knew why.

Frankly these liberals and molesters are quite a few in number, the way I see it. For this to finally become what it has where he is being stripped- I imagine it is not just humbling but more. I am eager to read the reports that will be made public.

The truth will set us free.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: A Light is shining on the truth. This...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

www.fresnobee.com

Thanks be to God! Do any of you remember the very public exchanges between Mother Angelica and Cardinal Mahoney. At one point, she was forced to apologize to him onscreen on EWTN. She did, but did it in her own inimitable way so that it angered him even more. I believe he pulled every string he could to try to get her "fired" so to speak. Some of this is detailed in her bigraphy written by Raymond Arroyo. I always wondere why he was so antagonistic toward Mother Angelica as to me it seemed that she was only speaking the truth! So, at last, she is vindicated (I hope that she knows this, I'm not sure how much she realizes this day after her several strokes.) God always finds a way to bring the truth to light! Praise be to God!

--hide--

No I don't know of this but I would love to read it and it might gve me some perspective!

Posts 1 - 10 of 44