Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Occasionally many of us (including me) accidentally send a blank post. Could the computer geniuses behind the scenes come up with a way to have those posts deleted automatically?

Unfortunately these take up space, and leave one less post available for the thread. I'd rather have the space available for someone who has something to say (wise or otherwise) rather than look at a blank space.

And let's not go into the issue of people with blank space posting.....that's another matter entirely. laughing

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Occasionally many of us (including me) accidentally send a blank post. Could the computer geniuses ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Occasionally many of us (including me) accidentally send a blank post. Could the computer geniuses behind the scenes come up with a way to have those posts deleted automatically?

Unfortunately these take up space, and leave one less post available for the thread. I'd rather have the space available for someone who has something to say (wise or otherwise) rather than look at a blank space.

And let's not go into the issue of people with blank space posting.....that's another matter entirely.

--hide--

Just about anything is possible. Whether it's feasible is a question I'll have to refer to Nathan...

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Just about anything is possible. Whether it's feasible is a question I'l...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Just about anything is possible. Whether it's feasible is a question I'll have to refer to Nathan...

--hide--
Thanks, Jerry. Perhaps while you're at it, you could inquire about accidental double posts as well. Some of us (yup -- me included) have done this, too.

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Thanks, Jerry. Perhaps while you're at it, you could inquire about accidental double posts as w...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Thanks, Jerry. Perhaps while you're at it, you could inquire about accidental double posts as well. Some of us (yup -- me included) have done this, too.

--hide--

Got that, Natan? laughing laughing

I'll add my pet peeve -- the extra (sometimes MANY extra) blank lines that get added in the quoted blocks in replies. I can't begin to tell you how many I have editied to remove the extra lines because the posts were so difficult to read.

02/01/2013 new

Nathan can certainly jump in here but I can tell you CatholicMatch is going through a lot of changes right now. We are upgrading the site to be friendly across all devices phone/tablet/desktop as such we probably won't be investing a lot of time into the forums as they sit right now. But as we work on this conversion/upgrade the forums will get their day as well and I suspect many of these frustrations you mentioned will be alleviated.

02/01/2013 new

Ray, if you are creating a new topic I think a way around that problem is to not fill in the topic/subject portion until you are ready to click "submit". If it is left blank, then you are prompted to create a topic and it won't submit until you do so. At least, it used to be that way. However if you are replying to a thread I don't see how that could work.

Cat

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Ray, if you are creating a new topic I think a way around that problem is to not fill in the topic/...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Ray, if you are creating a new topic I think a way around that problem is to not fill in the topic/subject portion until you are ready to click "submit". If it is left blank, then you are prompted to create a topic and it won't submit until you do so. At least, it used to be that way. However if you are replying to a thread I don't see how that could work.

Cat

--hide--
Thanks, Cat. What I'm referring to mainly is adding a post to a thread, and accidentally hitting the "submit" button prematurely. This seems to be the most common occurence. Yes, there have been instances when threads are started with blank space. What you suggest would probably still work. Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I'll add my pet peeve -- the extra (sometimes MANY extra) blank lines that get added in the qu...

I'll add my pet peeve -- the extra (sometimes MANY extra) blank lines that get added in the quoted blocks in replies. I can't begin to tell you how many I have editied to remove the extra lines because the posts were so difficult to read.

--hide--

Thank you, Jerry, for mentioning this! And I thought it was something I was doing or something with my computer boggled

02/02/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Got that, Natan? I'll add my pet peeve -- the extra (sometimes MANY extra) bla...

Got that, Natan?

--hide--

If I see there is a huge gap between the word (quote) and the text, I backspace the word (quote) up to the text.. That could be edited after the fact too, Jerry..

I usually try to delete double or triple posts when I come across them in the Forums.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9