Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Dan, this is a good question.

1. This probably doesn't pertain, but the site that has me to this day humbled and chilled, was seeing my uncle (a priest) kneel and then lie prostrate before the altar when I was about twelve. I get chills everytime I witness that humble act repeated by other priests. I often have the wish to place myself in a similar posture of homage and obedience and humility before Our Lord.

2. A man who is considerate and kind, living the Gospel in his actions and manners.

3. As for butt-flopping, never did until a messed up knee made it almost impossible to kneel and then stand up to go to communion. I remain unflopped for as long as possible and at some parishes the kneelers are such that I can compensate for the knee, but not at my home parish. I do however cringe when I must flop because I as well don't like it.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I'm thinking "E = all of the above" to all the posts so far. I would add "guy with a rosary in hand and head bowed" and "guy who tears up during mass at any point"

PS Dan - is that Mall of America in the background of your profile pic? Minnesota native here...

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Dan, this is a good question. 1. This probably doesn't pertain, but the site that has...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Dan, this is a good question.

1. This probably doesn't pertain, but the site that has me to this day humbled and chilled, was seeing my uncle (a priest) kneel and then lie prostrate before the altar when I was about twelve. I get chills everytime I witness that humble act repeated by other priests. I often have the wish to place myself in a similar posture of homage and obedience and humility before Our Lord.

2. A man who is considerate and kind, living the Gospel in his actions and manners.

3. As for butt-flopping, never did until a messed up knee made it almost impossible to kneel and then stand up to go to communion. I remain unflopped for as long as possible and at some parishes the kneelers are such that I can compensate for the knee, but not at my home parish. I do however cringe when I must flop because I as well don't like it.

--hide--

Don't flop, just sit down. Far more respectful.

And anyone who has trouble genuflecting, with their right knee completely touching the floor, just make a profound bow. This is one that gets my goat, especially when you see young people with no physical problems barely bending their knee, making a sloppy sign of the cross.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

When I went to WYD 2011, I noticed so many receiving the Lord on their tongues, on their knees. I saw young men at Lourdes walking over gravel and concrete on their knees, clutching rosaries.

I see the tongue thing a few times in my local parish, and while I'm sure most of those guys are either too young/old or probably taken, I am impressed and given hope for the future of our Church. Numbers may drop, but its quality not quanity that's important.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: I'm thinking "E = all of the above" to all the posts so far. I would add "g...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

I'm thinking "E = all of the above" to all the posts so far. I would add "guy with a rosary in hand and head bowed" and "guy who tears up during mass at any point"

PS Dan - is that Mall of America in the background of your profile pic? Minnesota native here...

--hide--

Minnesota native.....excellent. I have a cousin who lives out in California now. That picture was taken on the London Eye, so that's other carriages and the metalwork for the arms in the background.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious tha...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, I'm wondering what things people of the opposite sex do that could be seen as religious that make you take a greater interest in that person. Take for example. I was at adoration last night and the chapel has chairs with fold down kneelers on the back of each chair. Well as you might imagine that means the front row is without kneelers, but they do have one standing kneeler with a padded arm rest on top and cushioned kneeler. Well, this young lady walks in to the front row and after kneeling in reverence before the Blessed Sacrament she got up and pushed the standing kneeler forward a bit with her foot and then proceeded to kneel down on the ground. Now granted the chapel is carpeted, but it's definitely a form of mortification to kneel on the ground rather than a cushioned kneeler. Well, needless to say, I was impressed and wanted to ask her out on a date right then and there, but looked at her closer and seen she looked a wee too young for me. So, what things to people of the opposite do that make you want to ask them out on a date or at least pique your interest in them?

--hide--

There is nothing more beautiful and appealing than a woman who truly, down deep, LOVES God and lives her faith.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: There is nothing more beautiful and appealing than a woman who truly, down ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

There is nothing more beautiful and appealing than a woman who truly, down deep, LOVES God and lives her faith.

--hide--

The same goes for a guy. That is the most appealing attribute of a man IMO. lovestruck!

Feb 2nd 2013 new

What I admire most is seeing men come to mass alone with their children. I've seen this more and more. I admire their will to show up alone with their children. I often wonder in the back of my mind, where are the women? Whether they are at work, or whatever, I think it's so admirable that men will come alone with their children. You know? smile That really says alot about the character of that man!

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: When I see a man singing at Mass . . . even if he can't carry a tune, he is participating fully and...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: When I see a man singing at Mass . . . even if he can't carry a tune, he is participating fully and THAT interests me.
--hide--

Thank you! You're very kind. :) LoL.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: I'm thinking "E = all of the above" to all the posts so far. I would add "g...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

--hide--

Yes Devotion to our Blessed Mother Is very attractive rosary As are acts of kindness and reverene for Our Lord and neighbor. Also so sweet to see, is a smile to a child or baby. heart

Let's keep spreading God's love and prayers for all of us to find a holy and upright spouse .... Praying Kathleen

Posts 31 - 40 of 71