Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Switching Schools

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Who has gone through the "joy" of switching schools? When I divorced, I & the kids moved out of the house (house was suppose to be sold, a whole different story rolling eyes)....I kept the kids in their school for the remainder of that year & then this year too. But next school year I am switching them to the Catholic school 5 mins away (changing parishes too, naturally). It has turned out to be a little more stressful then I thought it would be...

Feb 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-824866 said: Who has gone through the "joy" of switching schools? When I divorced, I & the kids moved out of t...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

Who has gone through the "joy" of switching schools? When I divorced, I & the kids moved out of the house (house was suppose to be sold, a whole different story )....I kept the kids in their school for the remainder of that year & then this year too. But next school year I am switching them to the Catholic school 5 mins away (changing parishes too, naturally). It has turned out to be a little more stressful then I thought it would be...

--hide--

You have my prayers. When my son was in third grade we moved schools, I spent so much time in the Principals office you would have thought I was in grade school again. And it did not help that was the year I had a few health issues. We ended up moving a second time to a third district that was in the district I attended school at, Praise God he thrived having all of his cousins as class mates. My best advice is to pray with your kids and get counseling if you need to.... I did both....
Feb 2nd 2013 new

All transitions are difficult. Trust God. This may prove to be a very positiive devlopment for you and your kids.

Feb 7th 2013 new

If you are moving them from a public school to a Catholic school, it will be worth the stress. If they are in a Catholic school already, why move them? I moved schools a couple of times as a kid, and I wish I didn't. Of course sometimes there are good reasons for switching, but personally, if I had the option of leaving them in their current school, I would.

Feb 7th 2013 new

How old are the children, and how many?

Posts 1 - 5 of 5