Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I didn't cry at my husband's burial. It was 10+ days after the death, and my husband was ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I didn't cry at my husband's burial. It was 10+ days after the death, and my husband was ill for several years, so much of the really emotional mourning was already past.

We did not have a funeral when he died -- because I didn't want to cry in front of the community and I didn't want to be forced to control my emotions either. And my kids were all in grade school, so I couldn't see putting them through all that.... Instead, we had Mass in our living room for the older kids, my sisters, mom and me. The burial was self, mom, and one sister, no kids.

I didn't cry for my mom or dad, either...but I think that was because they both were blessed with "happy deaths": all fences mended, all work completed, peaceful and accepting.

Wishing your family the same.

--hide--

Thanks for sharing your story Marge and the well wishes. And my sympathies on the loss of your husband.

In my cases - both are happy deaths in the sense of great thankfulness for these people, they were truly kind Godly people, with no lingering items.

But I think you understand what I am saying - because you felt you may be impacted by who is present or not.

For me, I think the people that die are the ones I am most comfortable with and would've cried with.

I think it may come down to feeling worthy, and it is okay.

Posts 21 - 21 of 21