Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Word for the Year

02/02/2013 new

A writer friend of mine got me into thinking of a word for the beginning of each year. Instead of a New Year's resolution, pick a word that you think may define the coming year. For example, the year after my husband died I chose "surrender". This was all I could do that year just to live one day at a time and to remember that I am a beloved daughter of God, even though my world had been shaken. This word really fit for that year. Last year I chose "hope" as I was beginning to get my bearings as a single parent and hope was glimmering in my mind, even though the death of my spouse still was so very fresh. Now on my third year after his death, I chose the word "content" for 2013. I am finally feeling a bit content with where my life is at this point, even though I still do not like the word widow and really have no idea where the Lord will take me in the future. I am content knowing He's in control and I'm here to follow where He leads. Has anyone else ever picked a word for the new year? Share your thoughts for your 2013 word.

Blessings to you!

02/02/2013 new

(Quote) Lori-911365 said: A writer friend of mine got me into thinking of a word for the beginning of each year. Instead of ...
(Quote) Lori-911365 said:

A writer friend of mine got me into thinking of a word for the beginning of each year. Instead of a New Year's resolution, pick a word that you think may define the coming year. For example, the year after my husband died I chose "surrender". This was all I could do that year just to live one day at a time and to remember that I am a beloved daughter of God, even though my world had been shaken. This word really fit for that year. Last year I chose "hope" as I was beginning to get my bearings as a single parent and hope was glimmering in my mind, even though the death of my spouse still was so very fresh. Now on my third year after his death, I chose the word "content" for 2013. I am finally feeling a bit content with where my life is at this point, even though I still do not like the word widow and really have no idea where the Lord will take me in the future. I am content knowing He's in control and I'm here to follow where He leads. Has anyone else ever picked a word for the new year? Share your thoughts for your 2013 word.

Blessings to you!

--hide--

This idea had crossed my mind, I think I may have read your friend's article.

I am going to pick a word, its going to be "clear-sightedness". I would like my focus to be consistently in the right direction.

It seems like a very good resolution idea to pick a word. Lori, thanks for the post, you've moved me to action.

02/03/2013 new

At this point I need a word for the day.

02/07/2013 new

Hope

02/07/2013 new

Great word Linda! That one proved to be very fruitful for me last year. It's amazing what the Lord can do in you and through you when you have HOPE! :)

02/07/2013 new

(Quote) Lori-911365 said: A writer friend of mine got me into thinking of a word for the beginning of each year. Instead of ...
(Quote) Lori-911365 said:

Blessings to you!

--hide--

I have two words for 2013...joy and happiness. I have a lot of life still left to live and I intend to enjoy every bit of life God has given me. I did the same thing with the word for each year. The first year was "survive" the second "joy," I can't remember the rest. I think I am having selective memory because I know those were hard years. So this year is finally Joy and Happiness, and God is gracing me with both. I feel very blessed to be alive and so thankful God loves me.

02/23/2013 new

Love.... because we found love, we were loved, we are loved, we act in love, and we will find love again. theheart rose

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Love.... because we found love, we were loved, we are loved, we act in love, and we will find love...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Love.... because we found love, we were loved, we are loved, we act in love, and we will find love again.

--hide--

Agreed Jane - Nothing better tha love.

Apr 17 new

(Quote) Al-939544 said: Agreed Jane - Nothing better tha love.
(Quote) Al-939544 said:

Agreed Jane - Nothing better tha love.

--hide--
yes Al and Jesus said there is no greater than Love~~~ all we need is love

Posts 1 - 9 of 9