Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 31st 2013 new

I agree with the others Stacey. Your profile looks good. I, too, have had the same challenge as you. I reassure myself that it is all in God's hands and in his timing.

Feb 1st 2013 new

Your profile looks great. The photos you chose are especially nice and show your interests and what you value. Don't be hard on yourself, and don't think you are making any mistakes in the profile. It does take time. Just as a suggestion, you might post some topics in the forums about your interests just to chat with some who have the same interests as you. Many people like to read the forums. And it's fun just to converse about different topics.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

hi stacey, you're not alone in this. i get no replies too! :) i just thought to myself, maybe my location is their problem. but anyways, i just continue to constantly check my cm account, i continue to view profiles and just give them smile, wink or leave a message. i stay true to myself and continue to live each day, happily :) im positive that someday, we will finally meet our match...in God's perfect timing! :)

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Stacey,

I know the feeling, being a guy on this and one or two other dating sites, its hard to get a womens attention. I for a long time felt like I was doing something wrong and honestly I could do nothing wrong because there is no right way either. Your very beautiful and seem like a very intelgent women so keep your head up the right guy will come along :)

Feb 3rd 2013 new

You are not the only one! Many people feel this way, and all we can do is leave it in God's hands. But remember, time is relevant to Him Dove

Feb 3rd 2013 new

There is NOTHING wrong wth you or your profile or your pictures.

Give it time. Get active on the forums and/or in Chat. You're young enough that it's still entirely possible to meet someone in person. Stay open to that. Pray. Be the best you that you can be and that will attract the right man - God will put more than one someone in your path. Pray for an open heart and open mind so you don't overlook a prospective match on superficial grounds or because he doesn't fall within the expectations you set. Love is often surprising and srendipitous. It often comes when we least expect it and in the person we wouldn't have imagined as right for us. But God always has a better plan for us than we ourselves do.

Feb 3rd 2013 new
You're not alone. I'm considering adding a sentence, "Free homemade cookies for anyone who responds to my profile." j/k I often wonder if a lot of the profiles are left over from people no longer active on the site.
Feb 3rd 2013 new

Be patient.

Continue to play in the forums -- it's a great way to make friends with guys AND gals.

If you can, attend a CM gathering or local get-together. Or host one yourself. All you need is to pick a time and place and let people know. We've had events with 80+ folks for 4 days, and simple dinners of 3 or 4 people.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Stacey-903941 said: So I came on this site with really no expectations, but I'm trying to use it for the right r...
(Quote) Stacey-903941 said:

So I came on this site with really no expectations, but I'm trying to use it for the right reasons and be proactive...I just get no responses to anything? I'm just wondering how other people go about communication on this site because I think I might be doing something wrong. haha I'm not trying to say I should be the most desired person here because I don't believe that on any account, I just try to be friendly and 10 times out of 10 get no response. Is there some online-meeting etiquette or online-profile etiquette I'm unaware of? I hope people don't take this post the wrong way or as a call to attention, I'm honestly just trying to understand better. I paid for this site and I wanna be able to use it for all its potential. Thanks for any help :)

--hide--

Good morning, Stacey!

I have to reiterate the points made by previous posters, while adding something that hasn't been addressed yet. Your profile is articulate, free of spelling and grammatical errors (mirabile visu!), and filled with appealing facets of your personality, including both what you're involved in now and what you want to do with your life in the future... and you weren't stingy with the pictures, which do so much to illuminate what you've written. However, from my perspective, I notice one major drawback. From the top of your profile, I can see you've indicated you don't fully agree with Church teaching as it's summarized here. I can't claim to speak for every guy on here (or even just the ones that are "7/7" like me), but as someone who believes in upholding orthodox Catholic Christian teaching, that definitely gives me pause. In fact, when I open a profile that's not "yes to all", I usually stop reading right there and move on to the next one. If I get a thoughtful message from someone who answers the faith questions only partially, I'll politely converse, but that's the only contact I'm interested in. As much as I would like to bring someone into full agreement with the teachings of the faith in the course of dating, I know it's not the most practical approach.

While we're on the topic, I know that the Catholic teaching on contraception is not an easy one, but it is something you should prayerfully consider. I came around to it only in my recent life, perhaps you may, too. If you're interested, I have here a link to Professor Janet E. Smith's lecture on the issue. I hope you'll look into it. I know that in my life, there is nothing I cherish more than the moments when I surrendered myself to the divine wisdom of Mother Church, and I want to share that joy with you. :)

www.catholiceducation.org

God Bless,

Matt

Feb 7th 2013 new
Something is wrong with all of us! laughing we all have experienced this.
Posts 11 - 20 of 26