Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 2nd 2013 new

wave James yes we are all called to be saints! I strive everyday and then I get up and try all over again the next day. Many don't get it I know what you mean. Why are they on this site if they don't believe? But then maybe God brought them here to believe again....Keep up the good fight. God bless...Jane Praying Clover

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) James-54232 said:
(Quote) James-54232 said:
--hide--
Hi James -- Just wanted to welcome you to the CM forums. Don't know if you've been browsing thru them but you'll find a wide variety of subjects. Very helpful hints based on the voice of experience of sister and brother CM'ers.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Thanks for all your help.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Colossians 1:12
" Giving thanks to God, the Father, who hath made us worthy to be partakers of the lot of the saints in light:"

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: The definition of a saint is someone who goes to heaven! We are all striving, I hope, to get to heaven,...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: The definition of a saint is someone who goes to heaven! We are all striving, I hope, to get to heaven, although there certainly are those who spend more of their energy than others on this pursuit. We are all called to live our lives here with the goal of getting to heaven, therefore we are all called to sainthood.
--hide--

Well said clap clap clap

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-926029 said: Hello I don't get it?? Why are you battleing with yourself?
(Quote) Nancy-926029 said:

Hello I don't get it?? Why are you battleing with yourself?

--hide--

We have to battle the flesh constantly in order to respond to the prompting of the Spirit within us. St. Paul said it well when he said that "the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". We cannot give in to the flesh if we are to live as Christ desires us to be. Simple as that.I know myself and if I do not make daily choices to respond to grace and frequent the sacraments as often as humanly possible, that I am a TOTAL mess. To be truthful I am a TOTAL mess even with these graces wink but I will NEVER give up on choosing to do battle for my great and wonderful God.

Another quote from great St. Paul, "I have fought the battle, I have run the race"

I think that Rachel is saying that it is a daily battle and choice to put on the full armor of God in order to end up with him in Heaven. However, I would add that it is also to strive to please Him because he is so deserving of our service and our lives by his very giving of Himself that is so incredibly greater than anything that we can ever possibly give. Even if there was no reward in the end we should count ourselves lucky to strive to please Him and to have the love of one such as Him - to quote a holy man I know wink We strive to please crushes, we strive to please bosses, we strive to please spouses, what an incredible boon to be able to strive to please such a lover as OUR GOD!!!!! lovestruck! lovestruck! Blinded by love Blinded by love My heart simply would burst with the fullness of it if I stop too long and truly ponder the sheer magnificience of that thought.

I end with this quote of question 6 in the Baltimore Cathecism on the purpose of man.

6. Q. Why did God make you?

A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Hi James:

Sometimes the harder I try and want to be the greater I fail. So now I try to surrender myself totally to God as I am, with all my weaknessess and trust Him to do the rest.

So being open to Him, trusting Him completly with my life; having an intimate relationship with Him (time together: daily Mass; weekly or every 2nd week partaking in the scarament of reconciliation; throughout my day lifting my heart, thoughts and discussing everything with Him; mediating on the Bible; making a effort to love all others as He would, etc.).

I find jouralling (writing to Him) at he end of my day helps clarify things for me. (If I only speak to Him, I can sometimes find myself going around in circles...lots of repetition).

God provides all the graces throughout our lives to be all He created us to be.

Please share some of your ways.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Colossians 1:12
" Giving thanks to God, the Father, who hath made us worthy to be partakers of the lot of the saints in light:"

--hide--

I strive, I trip, I fall, I get up, I strive again. I hope, at last, to be a partaker of "the lot".

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Everyone in Heaven is a saint. We should all be striving to get to Heaven, so by default that means we should all be striving to be saints.

Of course, if someone is actually trying to live a life that gets them actually cannonised so that 200 years after their death people are hocking junky trinkets with their faces on, theyr'e probably going about it the wrong way.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

[quote]Jessica-897416 said:

Beautiful, Jessica. Well said, our dear St. Therese!!!

The only difference between saints and sinners is this:

Sinners fall and stay down.

Saints fall and keep getting back up.

Dear Lord, keep giving me strength to keep getting back up, please?!?

St. Maximiilian Kolbe also spoke about this issue. He not only prayed to become a saint, but to become the greatest saint that ever lived; not only to love the immaculate, but to love Her and make Her loved more than She had ever been before. We tend to rise to higher expectations and fall to the lower ones.

"May all that I do be for the GREATEST (he replaced 'greater') honor and glory of God and for the salvation of souls." AMEN

Posts 21 - 30 of 38